Natural antibiotics have been used by people for centuries. And we’re talking about herbs, teas, tinctures, spices and even raw vegetables.
Over the past 100 years the medicine has changed drastically. Today we have more and more synthetic antibiotics on the market.
This wouldn’t have been a problem if synthetic antibiotics wouldn’t have so many side effects. They affect the bacterial flora and can causing yeast infections and other problems.
Without further ado, we want to share with you the world’s strongest natural antibiotics that work wonderfully.
But also, we want to show you how to use them to make most of their natural antibiotic properties.
In This Article You Will Find:
10 Strongest Natural Antibiotics
# 10 Colloidal Silver
Silver has a long history in sustaining human health. It was first used by the Romans for wound healing and water purification.
It has also been used to prevent the development of microbial flora due to its antiseptic properties. Royalties always used silver spoons and pots to prevent bacterial infection of the body while eating. People still purify their drinking water by keeping a silver spoon in.
Today, silver is used in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, heart devices, catheters or surgical instruments. Advanced medical technologies use this precious metal to reduce nosocomial infections and maintain personal hygiene.
Colloidal silver naturally preserves oxygen molecules.
The electrically charged silver particles in it (silver ions) can bind directly to bacterial cell membranes and produce a blockage in cellular respiration, thus killing them.
Due to its rapid germicidal action, it can kill more than 600 known microbes (viruses, bacteria, fungi, staphylococci, etc.), colloidal silver has many benefits for the health of the human body.
- Colloidal silver, unlike modern antibiotics, simply does not build resistance or immunity in the organisms it destroys.
- It also stimulates fast skin reconstruction after burns, thrush and other skin conditions. Colloidal silver suffocates the virus and may even reduce the activity of HIV in AIDS-infected patients.
Although there have been a lot of myths about colloidal silver turning the skin blue (argyria) if used excessively, they are not true. The chemical compound that actually can make skin blue is silver chloride, which is colloidal silver with salt added to it.
It is not recommended that you use silver salts or any of salts to accelerate the process of making colloidal silver. The best thing to do is to buy it from a reliable source.
How to Use Colloidal Silver as Natural Antibiotics
It is important to avoid taking colloidal silver with a metal spoon. Depending on the condition you are using it for, the dosage is different. Indifferent of the condition, do not use it more than 2 weeks consecutively.
- Maintenance. Generally, the recommended maintenance dose for an adult is one spoonful of colloidal silver per day (10 ml in a 10 ppm concentration). Of course, the amount varies depending on the concentration.
- Detox. Colloidal silver can also be successfully used for a general cleansing or detox. In this case, the dose may vary from 1 to 4 tablespoons a day.
- Severe conditions. In the case of severe conditions and chronic diseases, the dose should be adjusted according to the body’s response, under the guidance of a competent physician. Generally, any quantity of more than 5 tablespoons a day is considered a “therapeutic” dose. The most severe cases require colloidal silver shots, but as we mentioned above, they need to be performed under medical supervision.
Keep this liquid under the tongue, a few seconds before swallowing, for better absorption.
In three to four days, silver particles will accumulate in tissues and you will able to experience its beneficial effects.
# 9 Cinnamon
In The Middle Ages, cinnamon was used in all sauces and encountered in most recipes, both sweet and savory.
Used to scent wines and for treating viral infections, people also tried to use cinnamon during major epidemics.
This is because they knew about its antibiotic and antimicrobial properties as well as its effects in lowering the blood glucose.
Today, cinnamon is well-known for fighting off viruses, improving digestion and metabolism. It has also been used for ages as a natural weight loss remedy, because it helps regulate the sugar levels in the blood. Cinnamon is also one of the strongest natural antibiotics in the world, because it naturally stimulates the immune system.
Cinnamon oil has a powerful effect over 99.99% of the known microbes killing even those that are resistant to modern antibiotic.
- It is perfect for treating colds, catarrh and flu.
- Ceylon Cinnamon Oil has a stimulating and toning and stimulating action.
There are 2 main types of cinnamon on the market, the Indian cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) and the Chinese cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia).
Both types have the same therapeutic effects.
- Chinese cinnamon has a strong antibiotic and antifungal effect, but it’s also good with the digestive tract.
- Indian cinnamon has more powerful effects for the nervous system and the brain. It is more easily tolerated by the body.
How to Use Cinnamon for Natural Antibiotics
- Boil a cup of water, turn off the fire and add 2 teaspoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of pepper.
- Drink the tea slowly and you will see how the sore throat will soon be gone.
- Have 3-4 cups of cinnamon tea per day at the first signs of cold.
- A drop of cinnamon oil, three times a day, in a little honey, has a quick effect. A few drops can be used in the essential oil diffuser to perfume and clean the room (annihilates microbes in the air).
- Take one or two drops of cinnamon oil in a teaspoon of powdered milk, three times a day to treat intestinal disorders.
# 8 Horseradish
Very aromatic, with pungent odor and a burning taste, horseradish is ideal for treating intestinal parasites, anemia, asthma and bronchitis and sinusitis.
Natural remedy for many viral diseases, horseradish is not for everyone.
Its therapeutic benefits can turn against us and endanger our lives if we consume it excessively. In ancient times, horseradish was used against headaches, colds, but also in culinary preparations and in healing rituals.
It is twice as rich in vitamin C as lemons, and it also contains vitamin B, potassium, calcium, iron and phosphorus. This is the reason why horseradish is such a great natural antibiotic, fighting against flu, cold, viral infections and bacteria.
The consumption of cruciferous vegetables like horseradish, is associated with a lower rate of cancers, especially lung and colorectal cancers. This may be due to its high glucosinolate content, a compound that helps detoxify the liver and suppress tumor formation.
In comparison to broccoli, or other anti-cancer cruciferous vegetables, horseradish is loaded with 10 times more glucosinolates, making it more potent for preventing the formation of cancerous cells.
- Horseradish juice is known to clear out mucus from the sinuses, making it a great remedy for sinus infections.
- In addition, the 2 main antioxidants found in horseradish, namely quercetin and kaempferol, have protective effects over the lymphocytes, preventing DNA mutations, and implicitly cancer tumors development.
How to Use Horseradish as a Natural Antibiotics
People who suffer from irritable bowel or Crohn’s disease need to be extra cautious when consuming horseradish. The reason is that excess consumption can lead to digestive and nervous disorders.
For this remedy, you will need equal parts of fresh, young horseradish and organic honey.
- Peel the horseradish and grate it.
- Then mix it with the honey really well with a wooden spoon.
- Keep the mixture in a sealed jar in the fridge.
You don’t need to leave it to macerate, but you can start to take it on the spot. Before each use, stir it well.
- Have 1 tbsp. per day in the morning before breakfast.
- Continue with having a tea with the selected plants that help your condition.
# 7 Manuka Honey
Honey has been traditionally used to treat infections from very ancient times. Manuka honey is a special kind of honey that comes from Australia and New Zealand.
This honey in particular has powerful antibiotic, anti-fungal, antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
And this is due to its high hydrogen peroxide and methylglyoxal (MG) contents. MG is found in most honeys, but Manuka honey rankes #1 in the world when it comes to MG levels.
Make sure you always choose the type that contains a certificate of legitimacy of its medicinal value, or UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) by Manuka Factor Association Honey Unic (UMFHA).
- The best Manuka honey for bacterial or fungus treatment should have an UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) of 15-16+.
- Acute or chronic conditions can be treated with Manuka honey with an UMF of 18/20+/25+, but this is quite potent and you may experience some side-effects.
Manuka Honey is known to destroy bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori (causing stomach ulcer), Escherichia coli (one of the common causes of infected wounds), and Streptococcus pyogenes (causing sore throat).
In the case of Helicobacter Pylori, studies have shown that Manuka active honey inhibits the growth of this bacterium, being eight times more effective than regular honey.
Patients around the world have reported that a Manuka honey treatment healed their sinusitis, Helicobacter Pylori, stomach acid, and even strenghtened their immune system.
How to Use Manuka Honey as Natural Antibiotics
- Adults: 1 teaspoon, 30 minutes before meals, 3-4 times a day
- Children: 1/2 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals 2-3 times a day
# 6 Echinacea
Known as the “nature’s vaccine,” or “the vegetal antibiotic,” Echinacea is the most well-known and effective plant used to stimulate immunity.
The reason is that it’s loaded with polysaccharides, alkylamides, phenols and cichoric acid that play an important role in stimulating the immune system. In addition to its immunostimulatory activity, Echinacea is also an antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-febrile and depurative herb. It also contains phenols with strong antioxidant properties.
In 1930 Echinacea became popular both in Europe and in America as a natural remedy for cold. This was due to a Swiss drug producer who was misinformed that Echinacea has been used to prevent colds by Native American tribes.
The Native American tribes did not use Echinacea to prevent cold, but to treat some of its symptoms. Kiowa tribe used Echinacea for cough and sore throats. The Cheyenne used it for sore throat, the Pawnee for headaches, and many tribes including the Lakotah used it as an analgesic.
The leaves and roots of this herb are known to prevent infections, relieve throat, increase immunity, stimulate white blood cells production. They also prevent mucous membrane inflammation in respiratory diseases.
Researchers found that the plant produces a significant increase in phagocytosis, a process by which the foreign bacteria and viruses are destroyed by the body’s immune cells.
How to Use Echinacea as Natural Antibiotics
Echinacea tincture increases the body’s resistance to bacterial infections.
- You can take a teaspoon of Echinacea tincture mixed with 100 ml of water.
- Have this cure 3 times a day, on an empty stomach, while the condition persists.
# 5 Coconut Oil
Biochemist and doctor in nutrition, Mary G. Enig was the first to claim the antibiotic potential of the coconut oil.
She discovered that our body uses a miraculous ingredient found in coconut oil, called Monolaurin (Lauric acid with glycerol), to fight against various diseases and infections, viruses and bacteria.
There was even a much publicized case in the US, a baby born with HIV got rid of the virus after being fed a milk formula rich in coconut oil.
- Coconut oil stimulates the immune system to fight off viruses, fungi, microbes and bacteria due to the fatty acids it contains.
But besides its Monolaurin content, coconut oil is loaded with another strong natural antibiotic called Caprylic Acid.
This fatty acid is known to kill bacteria, fungi and viruses as well as improve gut health, oral health, boost the immune system and protect the brain.
In addition to these 2 fatty acids, coconut cream and oil contain also Decanoic and Myristic acids, that together make coconut oil such a powerful natural antibiotic.
These medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) dissolve the lipid membrane of viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungi.
Compounds in coconut oil confuse these microorganisms that are incapable of locating their own membranes.
Their genetic material is thus scattered, making them an easy prey for the white blood cells.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Natural Antibiotics
Make sure you use natural organic coconut oil and kept it in dark colored glass jars.
- Have 1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil three times a day before meals for prevention or mild conditions.
For candida, you can consume between 2 and 5 tablespoons a day, starting with 2. You can later increase the dosage, until you reach 5 tbsp. You can do this simply by replacing cooking oil with coconut oil, adding coconut oil to coffee or cereal, or spreading it on bread.
# 4 Ginger
Numerous studies show that ginger has the ability to inhibit the growth of cancer tumors, especially colon and prostate.
Others show that people who consume ginger on a daily basis, have a lower incidence of developing a chronic disease, as well as hypertension.
We’re talking about a daily consumption of 2 to 4 g. per day.
Ginger is loaded with potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper as well as complex B vitamins.
Raw grated ginger has a powerful antibiotic effect over pathogens like salmonella or listeria.
- Ginger tea is recommended while traveling abroad, to avoid contracting any digestive conditions.
- Ginger is also known for its ability to help in movement/car sickness or nausea.
- Laboratory testing of rats showed that ginger has a powerful action over allergic rhinitis.
These effects are due to a chemical compound found in ginger called 6-gingerol, giving ginger its spiciness. This substance impedes the activation of T cells that make us prone to allergies.
How to Use Ginger as a Natural Antibiotics
For the prevention of digestive disorders, in the case of food poisoning or abdominal pain, prepare a ginger tea.
- Grate a medium size piece of ginger and add it to 300 ml of boiling water. If you have powdered ginger, add 3 tablespoons in 250 ml boiled water.
- Strain and drink the tea after it has cooled down.
- You should have three cups of ginger tea per.
Raw ginger has an antibiotic effect on pathogens like salmonella or listeria.
# 3 Thyme Oil
Thyme oil is recommended for in viral infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, genital infections (vulvovaginitis, cervicitis) as well as bacterial infections (vaginal herpes).
It has a natural antibiotic effect and a bronchodilator effect also.
The potency of thyme oil derives from its high content of thymol, a natural compound with a pleasant odor and strong antiseptic properties.
A 2010 study showed that thymol can reduce bacterial resistance to antibiotics and can also be used as a natural fungicide. The way it does this, is by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria by lowering its cellular glucose uptake, thus emaciating the bacteria.
Thymol has also strong antifungal action, because it can alter the cell membrane of fungus, making them lose macromolecules and parish.
How to Use Thyme Oil as Natural Antibiotics
Adults: 3-5 drops / 3 times per day
Kids: (7-14 years): 1-2 drops / 3 times per day
Take the thyme oil with 1 tsp. of honey for the following conditions: upper respiratory infections (cold, flu, cough, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, asthma, TB, otitis, sinusitis), digestive problems (bacterial and viral enterocolitis, tapeworms, bloating, cramps), UTI conditions (cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, vaginitis, candida).
# 2 Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is known as one of the most powerful natural antibiotics that stimulates the body in eliminating parasites, as well as fighting the negative effects of viruses, speeding up the recovery.
These effects are due to an antiviral substance contained in oregano oil, called carvacrol.
Carvacrol has been shown to inhibit the growth of several bacteria strains, including Escherichia coli and Bacillus cereus.
Even more, it is so potent that it disrupts the cell membrane of one of the deadliest multidrug resistant pathogen Pseudomonas aeruginosa, impeding its proliferation in the body.
Other essential herbal oils that contain high levels of carvacrol are thyme oil, marjoram oil (Origanum majorana) and hop marjoram (Origanum dictamnus) also known as Dittany of Crete.
In a study performed by British researchers, oregano oil proved to be more effective in comparison to 20 different traditional antibiotics.
Oregano oil is very used for respiratory conditions, fungi causing nail infections, as well as insect bites.
How to Use Oregano Oil as Natural Antibiotics
In respiratory conditions, inhalations can be made with oregano oil or 5 drops of 3 times a day, mixed with honey, water or tea, if desired.
You can use it for insect bites or in nail diseases caused by fungi.
For Adults: Take 5 drops of oregano oil 3-5 times a day, but never exceed this dosage. Either put under the tongue or dissolve them in a little water or mix with a little honey or fresh juice. Keep it briefly in your mouth and then swallow.
Immediately after administration, take a deep breath a few times to inhale the oregano oil vapors.
For pulmonary or sinus infections, in addition to sublingual administration, oregano oil inhalations are recommended. While doing the oregano oil cure, it’s best to have a diet rich in iron, so you should look into leafy greens, such as spinach, nettles and bananas etc.
Best Uses: Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Bacillus cereus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella entericam, Fungi, Giardia, Candida, Respiratory Infections, Internal parasites, Herpes, Prostatitis, UTI etc.
# 1 Strongest Natural Antibiotics: Garlic
Garlic is the most powerful natural antibiotic known that also is a pure food. It is a plant so strong that when rubbed on someone’s feet it quickly enters the blood stream.
It can also have a beneficial effect on the lungs as poultice. A garlic poultice placed on the soles of the feet is very good for stopping the coughs and cold. Basically, cold and flu germs and viruses don’t stand a chance the powerful garlic juices.
Garlic is known to kill germs that penicillin doesn’t stand a chance. This is why back in 1948, scientists confirmed the “penicillin properties” of garlic, and isolated the various substances in it.
Garlic, More Powerful than Penicillin
Aliin, the first substance they’ve researched, proved to have be effective against germs that caused salmonella intoxication, dysentery and staph infections that cause boils and purulent ulcerations of the skin.
Later it was found to be equally effective against streptococci, which causes scarlet fever, diphtheria, erysipelas and rheumatic fever.
Allicin, another active ingredient they found was effective against conjunctivitis, rot (food decomposition in food and intestines), typhoid fever, cholera and tuberculosis.
Next they discovered Germanium, that later was proven to have anticancer effect.
Garlic is one of the richest sources of germanium and organic selenium, crucial in preventing heart disease and many cancers.
Ajoene, another active compound in garlic “dilutes” the blood, thus preventing potentially dangerous clots.
Today we know that garlic contains over one hundred known sulfur compounds. They reduce blood pressure and blood sugar levels, lift asthma and bronchitis, improve circulation and heart functions, prevent cancer and help the body get rid of dangerous toxins.
And these are not all the bioactive compounds found in garlic, there are many more others that together make garlic the most powerful natural antibiotic you can find.
According to nutritionist Elaine Lanza from the National Cancer Institute: “Right now, there is more emphasis on the idea of trace compounds, non-nutrients in vegetables and fruits that work against tumor formation.
Garlic tops the list as a source of these trace elements or micronutrients.”
How to Use Garlic as Natural Antibiotics
First off, you need to get your hands on organic non-GMO garlic from a relatable source.
Most of the garlic you find in supermarket is shipped from China and it doesn’t have the same quality and amounts of active substances found in natural, organic garlic.
Ancient Garlic Tincture Recipe – Powerful Antibiotics
It is important not to use metal containers or tools for peeling, crushing and even depositing the garlic while doing the tincture. Use only wood, porcelain or glass instruments to prepare this natural antibiotic.
- Add 350 grams of crushed garlic in a glass jar, and pour 220-250 grams of 95-96° alcohol over it.
- A strong rum or brandy should do. Seal the jar is hermetically and place it in the refrigerator for 10 days.
- On the 11th day, pass the jar content through a very fine or cheese cloth or strainer.
- Pour the garlic tincture into the same jar and place it for 2 more days in the refrigerator.
After this period, this powerful garlic remedy is ready for use (the drops can be taken with a little milk or water before meals.) as follows.
The first day, have 6 drops of the garlic tincture split in 3 times a day. That is, 1 drop in with breakfast, at noon 2 drops, and in the evening 3 drops.
Gradually increase the dose by 1 drop for the following 11 days. Namely, the second day you will have 4 drops in the morning, 5 at noon and 6 in the evening.
See the table below with the exact number of drops for each day of the cure:
Garlic Antibiotic Treatment – Good to Know!
- Garlic may interfere with some medical treatments, so if you follow any treatments, it is best to check. If you are following a medical treatment, you need your doctor’s permission to follow this treatment safely.
- While you are following this cure, it is forbidden to eat garlic in any other form.
- You may experience dizziness, redness of the skin or stomach ache within the first few days of your cleansing. Do not get alarmed because these are the detoxifying effect of garlic. If the symptoms persist for several days or you feel nausea, talk to your doctor, especially if you are taking any medication at the same time.
- The garlic treatment can be repeated once every 5 years.
Garlic Tincture Uses
The garlic tincture reinvigorates the entire body and it is especially recommended if you suffer from:
- Headache, ischemia, hypertension, pulmonary disease, sinusitis, circulatory problems, arteriosclerosis
- Supports fat loss by improving metabolism, and eliminates fat deposits, especially from internal organs
- Increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and it cleans blood vessels
- Melts blood clots, heals diseased myocardial diaphragm, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, bronchial-pulmonary diseases
- It makes arthritis, arthrosis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatism disappear literally.
- Helps to heal gastritis, stomach ulcers and hemorrhoids, and it has the power to resort any kind of external and internal tumors.
- Improves hearing and vision
- Inappetence (lack of appetite)
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Is adjunct to treating impotence
- Helps boost calcium absorption in the body
- Cleanses the body of grease and stones
However, if you are confronted with a flu or cold, the fastest way to use garlic is this one.
- Slightly crush 2-3 garlic cloves with the blade of a knife and taking them as pills.
- Repeat 2-3 times per day, depending on the severity of the cold.
Help the efficiency of this remedy by eating as lightly and healthy, namely fruits and squeezed fruit juices and vegetables.
Best Antibiotic Uses
Campylobacter, Cancers, Salmonella, Dysentery, Candida, Erysipelas, Staphylococci, Rheumatic fever, Colitis, TB, Typhoid fever, Cholera, Antifungal (Aspergillus niger , Candida albicans , Paracoccidioides-Brasiliensis, and Fusarium species), Cold and Flu, Upper respiratory viruses etc.
These are the most powerful natural antibiotics in the world, no question about it.
However, if you want to follow a natural antibiotic treatment its best to consult a naturopath or holistic doctor beforehand. Stay healthy, naturally!