Looking for a first aid kit of home remedies when travel? Here is exactly what you are looking for, so please continue reading this article.
Traveling is supposed to be fun, especially when you’ve planned everything ahead for an amazing vacation. However, catching a cold a day ahead or small accidents during vacation happen totally unplanned. For these situations, we have a few simple & quick home remedies and homeopathic cures for travel ailments of all sorts.
Without further ado, here is what you can do to travel naturally, using quick home remedies when travel, which you can always “carry” in your natural travel kit.
10 Home Remedies when Travel for Quick Action
So you’re going on vacation, everything is packed and ready. But during the travel, unexpected health issues start to happen. These are the simplest travel remedies for all sorts of travel ailments, most of which don’t even require any type of medicine. All aboard!
1. Home Remedies for Cuts & Bruises
A disinfectant spray or balm and a band-aid are the usual first aid when you get cut or bruised. But there are simpler home remedies you can use when traveling and you don’t have too many things around.
- Injuries and bruises: Arnica D6.
- Purulent wounds: Hepar sulfuris D12.
- Burns: Urtica urens D6 or Cantharis D6.
Home Remedies when Travel
The simplest home remedy for smaller wounds is to wash thoroughly the area with clean water. If the cut is open, apply propolis tincture and wrap. In case of bruises, make a poultice with medicinal clay paste (mix with water and transformed it into a paste). Minor burns cool under a stream of cold water.
Read Also: 15 Home Remedies for Infected Cuts
2. Home Remedies when Travel: Fever
Using a digital thermometer to check the temperature and a couple of aspirins is the conventional treatment for fever. However, there are more natural alternatives.
- High fever, triggered instantly: Aconitum D6.
- Hot, damp skin, and high fever: Belladonna D6.
- Slow-evolving cold with fever: Bryonia D6 or Gelsemium D6.
Home Remedies when Travel
The simplest and quickest home remedy for fever while traveling is a leg wrap. Soak a pair of high socks in lukewarm water, squeeze them, and put them up. Then wrap a dry towel around your feet. Drink a hot linden tea made with linden flowers. This tea has an instant seating effect and reduces high fever instantly.
3. Home Remedies when Travel: Diarrhea
You cannot pack your bag without some of the most effective home remedies when travel for diarrhea. Diarrhea when traveling is the worst. There are, of course, pills that you can pop to put an end to diarrhea when on vacation. But we have a few very simple natural alternatives.
- Symptoms of toxic infection: Okoubaka D3.
- Symptoms of toxic infection accompanied by pain and a general weakness: Arsenicum album D6.
- Accompanied by circulatory issues: Carbo vegetabilis D6.
- Drink plenty of fluids, preferably veggie soups and herbal teas.
- Eat grated apples, bananas, or boiled rice.
- Drink hot chocolate mixed with water.
For constipation, the simplest remedy when traveling is to have kefir for breakfast with muesli or whole cereals. Or a simple oats porridge with milk or water and a teaspoon of honey. Honey water is also great for constipation as well as warm water lemon in the morning.
4. Remedy for Headache when on Vacation
Nobody wants to have headaches while traveling or on vacation. But there are simple ways to fix a headache with homeopathy and home remedies, even when you’re on vacation.
- Sudden headache: Belladonna D6.
- Headaches that start from the forehead and extend to the nape of the neck: Bryonia D6.
- Pain starting from the back of the neck area to the forehead: Gelsemium D6.
- Hangover headaches: tomato, celery, and lemon fresh juice.
- Mild migraine: coffee with lemon.
- Any type of headache: rest as much as you can.
- Heatstroke: ACV with water.
5. Home Remedies when Travel: Sunburn
One of the most common travel ailments during the summer is getting sunburn. Don’t panic, there are a few simple things you can do to heal a sunburn without expensive drugs.
- Apply right after sunbathing: Hypericum perforatum D6/ hypericum ointment.
- Long-term sunburn relief: Belladonna D6.
If you got a sunburn while on vacation make a poultice with fresh cheese. Apply a thin layer of fresh cottage cheese on a linen cloth or gauze (you can also use a t-shirt or what you have at hand). Place it on the burnt skin area and leave it on for 30 minutes. For extra safety, you can also make your own 100% natural sunscreen, following the simple recipe right here. These home remedies when travel is amazing for sunburn.
6. Quick Insect Bites Relief
Another big issue during vacation or travel is getting bitten by insects. Insect bites are totally unpleasant and can cause inflammation. But there is a quick insect bite relief that you can take with you on vacation.
- When the skin has swollen, or has turned red and hot: Apis D6.
If you got stung by an insect while on vacation, the quickest natural remedy is to apply an onion slice on the spot. This is simple instant relief for insect bites. We also recommend using the bite away pen for instant insect bite relief with you.
7. Nausea and Vomiting when Traveling
Nausea while traveling is again, pretty common, especially if you have motion sickness or after a heavy meal that didn’t sit right. Here are a couple of remedies for nausea that you can take with you while traveling.
- Common nausea: Nux vomica D6.
- Nausea that persists in intensity even and after vomiting: Ipecacuanha D6.
Chew on a piece of ginger root or make ginger tea. Simple home remedies when travel, but so, so effective against nausea and vomiting.
8. Home Remedies when Travel: Catching a Cold
Coming down with cold a day before going on vacation is every traveler’s nightmare. But there’s no need to panic, cold is one of the easiest ailments to fix with home remedies.
- First signs of cold: Aconitum D6.
- When the weather is humid and cold: Arsenicum album D6.
- When exposed to cold wind or current: Nux vomica D6.
- Encephalitis: Gelsemium D6.
The instant relief for sore throat is a cup of warm sage tea. If you feel on the verge of catching a cold rinse your nose with salt and water. There are many simple natural ways to get rid of a cold fast, whether you are home or on vacation.
9. Travel Sickness Remedy
Travel sickness or motion sickness is, again, a very common issue for a lot of travelers. We don’t want to feel this nauseated while traveling. Here are natural things you can do.
- Two days ahead of traveling: Cocculus D4.
- The acute phase of travel sickness: Cocculus D6.
If you experience travel sickness nausea chew on a piece of ginger, and if you have motion sickness anxiety drink valerian tea.
10. Home Remedies when Travel: Toothache
What’s the worst that can happen while traveling? A toothache. You don’t have a dentist around and getting to one may be difficult, depending on where you are. There are a few home remedies when traveling that you can take with you to get rid of a toothache while on vacation.
- General remedy: Mercurius solubilis D3.
- Sudden toothache: Belladonna D6.
- Stinging toothache: Coffea D6.
Put clove oil on your hurting tooth or chew on a piece of clove. In addition, drink mint or chamomile infusion. A strong green tea infusion with a few crushed garlic cloves in it can also help against toothache.
There are very many simple ways to prevent or treat an ailment when traveling, and most of them are inexpensive and easy to fit in your travel bag. Next time you’re planning a vacation, don’t forget to take with you these home remedies when travel, for your peace of mind. Stay healthy and travel safely, naturally!