Looking for a natural treatment for headache? Continue reading.
If you confront yourself with some serious headache and don`t seem to get rid of it and if you also feel week and on the verge of catching a cold or a flu, here you have these amazing natural treatments for headache which will take the pain away and better you.
In This Article You Will Find:
10+ Natural Treatments for Headache
1. Mint Powder Remedy for Headache
You will need to prepare a concoction using 4-5 tablespoons of powdered mint leaves and a cup of high quality apple vinegar. Trust me, this will really help you out with the headaches.
Mix the two together and let them stay like that for 7 days, but make sure to stir the concoction every day at least twice a day. Afterwards, slip the concoction and store it into small dark glass bottles and seal them with a stopper. Put the bottles in a safe place and anytime you suffer from headaches use them as a natural remedy.
If you wish to use it right away just get a piece of gauze and drizzle the concoction onto it and place the piece of gauze on the forehead, wherever you feel pain is more intense. Tampon the spot with the gauze or just leave it stay on the forehead while you totally relax.
2. Hot Bath Treatment for Headache
Get into the bathtub and start pouring hot water in it, but as hot as you can bear. Let the water fill the bathtub until it reaches your kidney levels at most. Stay between 10-20 minutes, as much as you can bear. Also, make sure the water doesn’t turn cold, by maintaining its hot temperature. It’s necessary that you start transpiring abundantly. Attention! Hot baths aren’t recommended for those suffering from heart conditions!
Take hot feet baths for about 20 minutes. Very important! The water level should reach your ankles and the temperature needs to remain the same, so whenever it turns cold, replace it with hot water again. After this bath, your headaches will simply disappear!
3. Wild Chestnut Headache Treatment
Get 15-20 wild chestnuts (Aesculus hippocastanum), clear their brown skin off and grind their cores. Put the ground chestnuts into a larger bottle and pour 1/2 L of 90-95° alcohol over them. Leave the chestnuts to macerate for the next 15 days in a dark place, while shaking the bottle well from time to time. Let the content clear up and then you’re ready to use it. Friction your painful head area with 50 ml of the content every evening for the next 10 days. Then put on a wool cap and you’re ready for bed.
4. Horsetail Treatment for Headache
Add 2 handfuls of horsetail into a sieve above a pot with boiling water. When the plants have turned hot and soft wrap them in a flax gauze and apply as a compress on the painful area. Wrap a thick comforter over the compress and keep it on for as much as possible. Overnight would be great.
Read More: 5 Natural Remedies for Migraines
5. Cabbage Leaves Stop Headaches
Apply split and crushed fresh cabbage leaves on the area that hurts. For crushing the cabbage leaves you can use the rolling-pin. You may as well use plantain or greater burdock leaves as well. Always use a white colored gauze to tie the leaves in place.
6. Potato Treatment for Headache
Take a larger potato, wash it well and cut it into 3-4 mm thick slices. Apply the potato slices on your forehead and on your temples. Tie them well in place with a kerchief and replace them with new ones every few hours. In case of strong headaches, keep them overnight.
7. Haulms Cataplasm for Headaches
Gather the halums from tomatoes, eggplants and potatoes in late autumn. Dry them and then cut them as finely as possible. Sprinkle the plants with hot water, spread them in a thick layer (1-2 cm) on a sheet of gauze and leave them to cool off. Place a dry piece of gauze over the plants and now you have your cataplasm ready. Tie the cataplasm across your forehead and around your head and keep it on as longer as possible. This natural remedy for headache is also amazing with rheumatism as well.
8. Simple Vinegar Remedy
If your headache is caused by an injury to the head, immediately prepare a compress with vinegar and the pain will go away. In case your headache is caused by cold or flu, here is a remedy for you. Mix 2 grated potatoes with 1 tbsp. of vinegar. Spread the mash on a piece of gauze and apply it on the forehead. Renew the compress every 2-3 hours.
9. Herbal Teas that Fight Headaches
Drink unsweetened basil tea throughout the day instead of water and you’ll feel the headache is gone. This herbal tea is also amazing. Add a pinch of yarrow and a tsp. of nettle in 200 ml of hot water and let it infuse for 5 minutes. Slip the tea and then add 1 tsp. of Swedish Bitter in it. Drink 1 cup of this tea in the morning and another one in the evening.
10. Mustard Seeds Bath Calm Headaches
Add 2 tsp. of mustard seeds in a basil filled with hot water, then get your feet in the basin. The higher the water temperature, the better, but at the same time make sure it’s bearable as well. Rub your feet on the mustard seeds on the bottom for the next 5-10 minutes and that’s it. Your headache will be gone miraculously.
This is a great natural treatment for headache, no matter how severe the pain, because mint has been considered for ages a natural pain-killer and a great adjutant for the entire nervous system.
Read More:14 Natural Painkillers for Every Pain
Simple Remedies for Headaches
- Have 2-3 slices of garlic every day.
- Take 2-3 cold showers on your abdominal area.
- Stick into your nose or ears pads soaked in beetroot juice.
- Hold your left palm on the back of your neck and the right one on the celiac plexus for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub your cheek with onion or garlic, especially the forehead, ears and nose areas.
- Soak a kerchief in fresh whey and apply in on the forehead.
- Cut an onion finely and smell it for as longer as possible; the more tears it will bring to your eyes, the faster the headache will go away.
- Boil 1 cup of whole grain wheat in 5 cups of water, until the water drops down to approx. 1 cup. Leave the cup covered overnight and then drink the liquid first thing next morning. Do this once a week until you feel better. You can eat the remaining wheat as it is or mixed with honey.
10 Natural Treatments for Acute Headaches
- Drink 1 cup of hot water.
- Eat 2 garlic cloves.
- Apply a cabbage leaf on your forehead.
- Use dill oil to anoint your forehead with.
- If your headache is caused by stress, pet a cat.
- If the pain lingers more than expected, drink 2 tbsp. of fresh potato juice, 30 minutes before mealtime for the following 3-4 weeks.
- Apply a lemon slice on your temples for 15 minutes. You can do the same with onion slices.
- In case of acute headache, it’s enough to rub your ears with your palms. This helps teeth pain as well.
- Press your head on a glass window to eliminate static electricity. You can do the same with an oak or birch as well.
- Apply lilac leaves on the painful areas and the headache will go away in no time!
3 Home Remedies for Chronic Headache
- Onion Seeds. Grind onion seeds until you obtain 20 gr of powder. Mix the powder with 200 ml wine vinegar and leave them to macerate for the next 2-3 days. Shake the bottle periodically. Keep in a cool place. Whenever you have headaches, add a few drops of this macerate in your nostrils.
- Mums. Place a place with hot water and 8-10 floating mums next to your bed, a few moments before bedtime. Eating an orange also helps.
- Dried Herbs. Fill a small bag with dried thyme, wormwood, mint, geranium and hop and place it under your pillow.
Remedy for Headaches Caused by Stomach Issues
For some patients, the headaches are caused by unsolved stomach issues. In this case, there is a very simple yet effective natural remedy for it.
- Make a tea with equal parts of white lilac flowers and wormwood.
- Add 1 tsp. of this mix per cup of water.
- Drink this cup throughout the day and your headache will vanish.
- This is a 30 days cure.
Remedy for Headaches Caused by High Blood Pressure
If your headache is caused by high blood pressure, here is what you can try.
- Make a tea with 7-8 branches of mulberry tree finely cut.
- Boil them in 1 L of water for 10 minutes and then leave it for 1 hour into a thermos.
- Drink 3 cups per day instead of water for the next 2-3 months.
Intracranial Hypertension Headache Remedy
However, if the headaches that you suffer from are caused by inter-cranial hypertension, then the best advice we can give you is to start a 1-month grapes juice.
- The first few days you shall drink 1 cup of grape juice three times a day.
- Then 2 cups three times per day until you drink 3 L of grapes juice a day (this is the maximum).
- Decrease the quantity back down.
While doing this grapes juice cure avoid fatty foods, meat, milk or alcohol.
Massage & Remedy for Nape Aches
- Massage and friction the areas right down to your shoulders.
- Target especially the back of your ears area for 10-15 minutes when experiencing ache.
- Have a few valerian drops and then take a hot bath with 1 cup of sea salt added in or pine extract.