If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for migraines, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Migraines are the most persistent and annoying types of headaches. Although many drugs promise to help relieve migraines, in the long term, the best thing that you can do is rely on natural remedies. Simple ingredients, herbs, and empirical cures have worked for ages against migraines. Why? Because these natural remedies for migraines have been used by people since very old times.
The 5 remedies we’re about to share here with you have been passed by word of mouth because they’ve proven their efficiency in time. Here are the most used and effective natural remedies for migraines! Choose the one that you find most at hand! Let’s begin.
5 Natural Remedies for Migraines
1. Home Remedy for Migraine with Vinegar
This remedy works best for migraine accompanied by one of the following symptoms: vomiting and nausea, throbbing head, hurting temples, and excruciating headaches. This treatment uses two simple ingredients: vinegar and water.
This is how it goes.
- Mix 50 ml of vinegar and 50 ml of water in a cup.
- Make sure the water is not too cold.
- Let your hair down and pour the mix over the top of your head, so that it drains done your nape and the back of your neck.
- Wrap a terry towel around your head and make sure the top of your head is covered.
- Lay with your face down on the bed.
- Put your arms alongside your body and close your eyes.
- Remain like this for 10 minutes.
You will soon see results. If needed, repeat the procedure until the migraine is gone for good. This is definitely the simplest and the most effective fast remedy for migraine.
Another way to use vinegar for migraine is the one below.
- Rub your temples with apple vinegar.
- Lay down on a hard surface (not necessarily on the bed) for half an hour.
- Hold your eyes closed.
Try it yourself and see how you feel afterward. It is worth it!
2. Remedy for Migraines with Essential Oils
Did you know that mint, pine, and juniper oils work wonders for headaches and migraines? Here is how you can use them effectively!
- Add a few mint, pine, and juniper essential oils drops on a wet poultice.
- Apply the compress on your forehead.
- Lay down and relax.
You can use medicinal gauze or a piece of cotton fabric, whichever you have at hand. It’s important that you stay away from tiring activities and avoid heavy foods.
Drink plenty of fresh water and herbal teas (see below what teas work best for migraines). Exclude meat from your diet for a few days if you can. In some cases, headaches and migraines are correlated with overburdened bile. If you have underactive bile or eat fatty meals, this could be the reason for your migraine. Be your own doctor and see what foods cause your migraines.
3. Onion & Horseradish Natural Remedies for Migraines
The onion and horseradish poultices are amazing natural remedies for migraines. They work wonders! Here is how you can use them at home.
- Make poultices with raw onion slices.
- Apply the poultice on your forehead and keep it as on as long as you can.
- The migraine usually goes away in 30 minutes.
As for the horseradish poultice, this is how you can make it.
- Clean and peel 1-2 horseradish roots.
- Grate them on the small grater.
- Put the grated horseradish on a piece of gauze.
- Apply the poultice on the back of your head this time.
This helps a lot with migraines, you’ll see! In order to enforce the power of onion and horseradish poultices, have 2 cups of lavender tea per day. Mint tea poultices are also highly efficient. Lemon zest poultices on the temples also work well for headaches.
Read Also: 10 Natural Treatments for Headache
4. Coffee Enema Remedy for Migraines
For this remedy, it is preferable that you use unroasted or green coffee beans. Here is how you can prepare this simple enema:
- Add 3 tablespoons of ground coffee in 200 ml of water.
- Boil the coffee on medium to low heat for 3 minutes and then another 12 minutes on very low heat.
- Let it cool down the coffee now you’re ready to make the enema.
Don’t do the coffee enema for more than 5-10 minutes. The coffee enema has an analgesic effect. It also stimulates the solar plexus, liver functions, the gallbladder, and the adrenals. It helps eliminate the toxins in the intestines and can help prevent cold, from the very first symptoms.
5. Vinegar & Mint Natural Remedies for Migraines
Where pills don’t work, nature provides some amazing natural remedies for migraines. Such as the vinegar with mint poultices. To make this remedy, add 5 tablespoons of dried mint leaves to one cup of apple vinegar. Soak the mint leaves in apple vinegar for 1 week.
If the migraine is caused by a severe hangover, try soaking a piece of gauze in a water and vinegar mix and apply on the forehead for 15 to 20 minutes. Add 25 drops of propolis tincture in 100 ml cold water and drink right away. It will soon ease the hangover and get you back on your feet again. These are some of the best natural remedies for migraines.
Other Natural Remedies for Migraines
This is one of the best natural remedies for migraines caused by stress or other psychological factors. It is also a great hangover remedy. Here are a few useful tips and tricks for treating migraines naturally:
- Chop an entire orange and mix it with one part horseradish and another part thyme. Add 5 tablespoons of sweet red wine to the mix and stir well. Have 1 tablespoon of the orange wine remedy 4 times a day.
- Make a tea by infusing 2 tablespoons of dried St John’s wort into 1 cup of hot water. Infuse for 15-20 minutes and then strain. Separately make a mint infusion (1 tablespoon per ½ cup of water). Mix the two infusions together. Add 4 tablespoons of honey and ½ cup of fresh potatoes juice. Drink ½ cup of this mix 2 times per day until the migraine is gone.
You Can Also Watch & Share Our YouTube Video
Migraines are excruciating headaches often caused by stress or physical conditions and are in most cases accompanied by vomiting and nausea. But there are ways to relieve migraine aches naturally. The handful of natural remedies for migraines here have proven their efficiency in time. Choose the one that suits you and put an end to migraines! Stay healthy, naturally!