Want to learn how to get rid of cold fast with no medicine? Continue reading this article and find out how you can ditch a cold in just 1 day.
Tis’ the season to be jolly, but when cold hits, you feel lethargic, sick, and eager to get better. There are a few simple and effective ways to get rid of cold fast, maybe even 1 day, depending on how strong your immune system is.
Here are the best natural remedies that you can do at different times of the day to make sure you get rid of cold fast. Are you ready? Let’s begin!
How to Get Rid of Cold Fast in One Day
1. First Thing in The Morning
The first thing to do is to take a hot bath when you wake up. The hot bathwater will warm you up and while the steam will unclog your sinuses.
If you are a coffee drinker, it’s best that you replace it with mint or chamomile tea for the time being. However, if you don’t want to give it up, then have it with 4-5 tbsp. of warm milk and 3 tsp. of honey. Drink this remedy in small sips. Coffee is not recommended when you are cold. Instead, try this cinnamon drink instead of coffee to get rid of the cold faster.
- Boil 1 tsp. of cinnamon in 1 cup of water. When the water level drops to half, strain the tea, add honey and drink warm.
2. Around Breakfast Time
Fresh fruits and veggies is a must, while leaving out all animal based foods, sugar and junk food. Your body needs antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to boost the immune system fast.
If you don’t feel like eating, the easiest thing to do is to make a smoothie with freshly-squeezed orange and lime juice, ½ bananas, 1 kiwi, a few pineapple chunks, and a handful of blueberries. In addition, add fresh parsley, fennel, horseradish, ginger, turmeric, pollen, and a tsp. of green barley powder. This smoothie will help you get rid of cold super-fast.
If you’re not a faint of heart, pop 2-3 garlic cloves like pills after you drink the smoothie. You can have more garlic cloves throughout the day as well. Consider garlic the natural antibiotic when you have a cold.
A very powerful remedy for cold and flu that you can start your day with is oregano oil.
- Recommended for any type of infection, oregano oil fights inflammation and contributes to the decongestion of the airway. You can find in most pharmacies and you can take it after each meal according to the instructions on the package. Attention! 2-3 drops of oregano oil on a piece of bread are more than enough. Oregano oil is really strong!
3. Throughout the Day
Make sure you drink plenty of liquids, mostly freshwater, herbal teas, and fresh fruit and veggies juices. Speaking of herbal teas for cold, the most effective are chamomile tea, ginger and lemon tea, thyme tea, elderberry tea, linden, sage, and horsetail. The most effective teas for mucosal fluidization are sage, fennel, and anise teas. You can sweeten the tea with natural honey, but only add it when the tea is lukewarm. Otherwise, honey becomes toxic. In addition, this is a simple remedy you can do.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple vinegar to half a cup of water and drink the mixture 3 times a day to get rid of the cold faster. Drink at least another half a cup of water after the apple vinegar drink, so that the vinegar acid does not affect the enamel of your teeth.
Read Also: Cottage Cheese, a Natural Treatment for Cold
It’s important to stay away from soft drinks, alcohol until you recover. For lunch, it’s preferable to not overload your stomach with food. Your body needs the energy to fight off the virus, so instead eat light and healthy. A salad or a vegetable cream soup should be the go-to foods if you want to get rid of this cold ASAP.
- Make sure you add onion and garlic in the soup because they are amongst the best natural antibiotics you can take. Ginger is a great idea, as well as turmeric, cayenne pepper, horseradish, and cinnamon.
These spices are known for their antiviral and antibacterial properties, as well as their ability to clean up the sinuses.
Go for a walk outside because you need that fresh air to replenish your body. Make sure you also ventilate your room very well, even if it’s chilly outside. Fresh air, fresh water, rest, and a few natural remedies are what you need to ditch this cold.
4. At Nighttime
Nighttime is a crucial part of the day when you’re down with a cold. This is the time when the symptoms seem to accentuate and you feel the worse. You may be having a fever, sweats, or even chills. But the thing is this is actually the body’s fight mode against the virus inside. Here are a couple of delish remedies that you can try at nighttime:
- Add 1 tsp. of sodium bicarbonate into a cup of hot milk and drink it before going to bed.
- Boil 1 cup of good quality red wine and add honey after it has cooled down a bit. Drink it as hot as you can bear.
A hot bath with sea salt or Epsom salt is a great idea before going to bed.
Read Also: 30 Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
An overnight poultice applied on the chest is the last remedy of the day. They take action during the night until the next day, helping you get rid of cold fast. Here are the simple instructions:
- Spread honey on a piece of cheesecloth.
- Mix equal parts of sodium bicarbonate and mustard flour and sprinkle in abundance over the honey.
- Apply the poultice on the chest and keep it overnight.
Or you can try this old remedy for cold.
- Melt together 1 tsp. of mutton tallow, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. propolis and another tsp. of sodium bicarbonate.
- Spread the mix on a cheesecloth and apply it on the chest while warm.
- Cover the cloth with a parchment paper and take on a comfortable cotton t-shirt.
- Leave the poultice overnight.
Make sure you get plenty of rest and good quality sleep. When you’re fighting a cold, rest is one of the best remedies you can take. And it’s free! And oh, so nice!
That’s How You Get Rid of Cold Fast
Follow these natural remedies for cold and take good care of what you eat and drink and we assure you that you’ll get rid of this cold in no time. Don’t forget that fresh air, plenty of water, and good sleep are just as important in this situation. Get healthy soon!