While it may be more practical to open the drugs cabinet and pop a pill for headache or mild cold, there are natural alternatives. These wonderful alternative natural treatments for all sorts of conditions use simple ingredients.
Today, we will present to you a great natural treatment for cold. The key ingredient in it? Homemade cottage cheese!
This simple natural remedy is best used at the very first symptoms of cold, such as chest pain. This is how you can prepare this wonderful natural treatment for cold at home.
The Cottage Cheese Remedy for Cold
- Slightly warm up a large piece of natural cottage cheese in the oven, place it on a clean kitchen towel and wrap the cheese inside.
- Place the compress on the chest area, where you feel the pain and keep it there for a full 2 hours until it gets cold again.
- Immediately after you take the compress off, you need to get in the bed, get as comfy as possible and sweat under the warm quilt.
- After you’ve sweat for 2-3 times you’ll know that by that time the cold has gotten out of your body and you will feel amazing the next day.
Although they seem too simple to be true, the cottage cheese compress is a natural treatment for cold and it has been used for centuries in the rural areas of Europe.
Read More: 30 Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
Home Remedy for Cold with Mustard
This natural treatment is simple and efficient. What you need is black mustard powder and some pieces of gauze. Make sure that before applying the mustard poultices you anoint the body with a bit of oil or body milk. This prevents burning from the mustard oil.
- Sprinkle black mustard powder on the poultice and apply it on the chest and back area. Wrap a wet cloth over the poultice and then a dry scarf to keep the poultice in place.
Let the poultice on the body for about 3 minutes and then check if the skin has turned red. If it did, take the compress off until the redness goes away. Resume the treatment afterwards. If the skin is OK, apply a new poultice and keep it on for 3 to 15 minutes.
Be aware! Don`t ever follow this natural treatment for cold and flu if your skin has wounds, burns, eczema or rash. It is possible that the mustard powder aggravates your skin condition. If you have white skin complexion that is highly sensitive to sunlight exposure, anoint your body with a fatty body cream before applying poultices to reduce the risk of burns.
This is a miraculous natural treatment for cold and flu, based on such a simple yet natural medicine: the black mustard powder. Follow the treatment with a lot. Stay healthy, naturally!