Looking for a natural treatment for giardiasis? Continue reading.
Also known as beaver fever, giardiasis is caused by the flagellate protozoan that can be passed via contaminated consumables. It can easily be passed from animals as well.
However, as dreadful as it sounds there are very many old remedies for giardiasis. We have collected 10 best natural treatments for giardiasis below. One of which is especially effective for children. The reason is that kids are more prone to contracting giardiasis.
In This Article You Will Find:
10 Natural Treatments for Giardiasis
1. Complete Natural Treatment for Giardiasis
First things first. The first step of this complete remedy are the fern and wormwood sitz baths.
- Macerate the plants overnight in 2 L of water at room temperature.
- Afterwards slip the content and put the plants in another 2 L of boiling water this time.
- Filter the second macerate and mix it with the first one, so that the water has around 38-39°C temperature.
- This water is ready to use for your sitz bath.
- After you’re done, easily pad the wet area and get somewhere warm and cozy to stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Do these baths daily, at the same hour of the day for the following 7-8 days.
Attention! Fern is highly toxic. Don’t use it internally and don’t wash the rest of your body with it.
In addition to these wonderful sitz baths, the treatment consists of a number of tinctures that you need to use as follows.
- Mix together 20 drops of wild thyme tincture, 30 drops of marigold tincture, 20 drops of wormwood tincture and another 30 drops of propolis tincture.
- For children between the ages of 11-15, the dosage is 60 drops twice per day, while for adults 100 drops, again, twice per day.
2. Cherry Kernels Remedy for Giardiasis
- Put 50 cherry kernel pulps into 200 ml of vinegar and let them macerate overnight.
- Eat the kernel pulps the very next morning before breakfast or anything.
Follow this natural treatment for 2 weeks, have a 1 week pause and resume the treatment for another 2 weeks. This treatment that has worked for so many people so far.
3. Giardiasis Remedy with Limes
Cut a few limes into 4 and eat the seeds as they are. Make sure the limes are fresh, otherwise the seeds will taste bitter. Kids should have 1 tsp. per day while adults 1 tbsp. until they feel well.
4. Grapes Seeds Cure for Giardiasis
Wash clear the grape seeds and then pass them get them on a tray in the oven so that they brown a bit. Ground them using your coffee beans grinder. For the following 10 days, have 1 tsp. of the grape seeds powder on an empty stomach in the morning and don’t eat for the following hour. You can use a bit of water to swallow it better.
Read More: 5 Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites
5. Natural Treatment for Giardiasis with Onion
- Take a medium-sized onion, peel and wash it and then cut it finely on a plate (not on the chopping board because you will lose the juice).
- Put the onion in a sealed jar.
- Pour spring water over the onion so that the water level is a cm above the onion.
- Macerate the onion for the next 12 hours so that is ready by 8 in the morning.
Have 1 tbsp of this onion macerate before breakfast on an empty stomach, three days in a row at the same exact hour. Pause after you’ve finished the entire content and then resume the treatment after 7 days.
6. Giardiasis Treatment with Pumpkin Seeds
- First thing in the morning chew on 6 unroasted pumpkin seeds, with peels on them.
- Swallow them with a bit of water.
- Follow this remedy for 7 days, pause for another 7 and resume.
7. Natural Treatment for Giardiasis with Wormwood
Follow a simple giardiasis treatment with wormwood tincture. Administer the tincture as it said on the prospect. Propolis tincture is also amazing and you can use these two at the same time.
- Have about 15-20 propolis tincture drops every day for 10 days with spring or flat water.
8. Oatmeal Remedy for Giardiasis
Add 125 g of clean oatmeal in 500 ml of water and boil until the water level drops to half. Drink the resulting water (hot or cold) throughout the day. You can have it all at once, no problem. After 2 weeks repeat the treatment once and that’s it.
9. Tansy Infusion Remedy
Have a cup of tansy infusion first thing in the morning. For an adult use 5-7 blossoms, while for kids 2-3. After a week of treatment, pause for a week and resume it once again. Attention! Follow this remedy only once a year, since used more often it is very toxic!
Make sure all the people in the household follow it, since giardiasis is very contagious.
Read More: 10 Natural Remedies for Diarrhea
10. Garlic, the Natural Remedy for Giardiasis in Children
First of all, you need to procure an enema rubber pear for kids, that you need to disinfect by boiling it for 20 minutes. After it has cooled down, throw away the water inside it and you’re ready to use it.
This how you prepare the enema:
- Put a partially peeled garlic head that you’ve crushed in a wooden mortar in 500 ml of cold milk.
- Boil the milk for 5 minutes.
- Leave the milk and garlic to cool down aside, then slip the milk, so that there’s no garlic bits left in the milk.
- Use a gauze and a wooden squeeze well all the juice.
- Fill up the rubber pear with 150 ml of garlic milk, anoint the part that enters the anus with a bit of marigold balm.
- Introduce the enema in the children’s rectum with 0.5 cm and slightly squeeze it so it empties inside the anus.
- Hold the liquid in tight for 5 minutes, then you can put them on a potty.
- Afterwards, wash the anus well and anoint it so it doesn’t get sore.
- The rest of the milk will be drunk first thing next morning, on an empty stomach.
He may experience cramps in the stomach area, but this a sign that the remedy is working. Track every potty and when you see a sort of jelly-like substance like a raw egg white, then you know the parasites are gone. This is a very efficient natural treatment for giardiasis and not only, have a great effect on all the intestinal worms and parasites.
Best Diet for Giardiasis
Now that you have two great remedies for giardiasis to follow at the same time, there are a few diet adjustments that you can do as well. Here are the foods most recommended with giardiasis:
- Chickpeas Soup. Boil together for half hour in 1 L of 100 gr of chickpeas and 150 g of barley. Add parsley to the soup as well. After another 10 minutes the soup is ready. Have 3 cups per day at 2-3 hours intervals.
- Potato Salad. Add 50-60 gr of walnut oil to your potato salad. Have this salad for dinner 3 days in a row.
- Cabbage Juice. Have 20-30 gr of cabbage juice first thing in the morning, 3 days in a row.
- Honey & Wormwood. Mix together equal parts of these two ingredients: dried wormwood flowers & honey. Have 1-2 tsp. on an empty stomach in the morning. If you take it with anise infusion is even better. Do this for 3-4 days.
Hygiene Tips for Giardiasis
When washing your hands, make sure you scrub them well and you make a lot of foam. Don’t use a basin to wash your hands, but running water.
Make a thorough hand scrub. Insist under your nails, because that’s where the parasite eggs, fungal spores and the millions of microbes gather. Rinse your hands well and soap them once again. Then repeat the process. Wipe your hands with clean and absorbent towels. Now you’re ready to eat.
Every evening after shower, give your kids new panties. Boil and iron the underwear on the inside to make sure there are no giardia eggs. Keep your kids’ nails short and clean. Wash well the fruits that you eat.