If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for diabetes, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Diabetes is the most common disease of the endocrine system and is triggered when the amount of insulin secreted in the body is not optimal or when peripheral cells do not respond to its action (insulin is a hormone that participates in lowering blood glucose). It is a known fact that diabetics face many challenges, such as diet restrictions and many side-effects from lifelong drugs prescription.
However, nature has alternative remedies, as these natural remedies for diabetes that we will present to you in this article. Let’s get into the remedies.
7 Natural Remedies for Diabetes
1. Pumpkin Seeds Remedy for Diabetes
Pumpkin seeds are great adjutants in diabetes and if you closely follow the instructions below you’ll find some amazing natural remedies for diabetes. Besides the healthy lifestyle and diet we recommend you to try this remedy below.
Peel and finely chop 30 grams of pumpkin seeds and place them in a pot. Add half a liter of water over the seeds and start the fire. Boil at low heat for not more than 10 minutes. Let the concoction cool down and slip it. Drink one cup of this concoction every morning on an empty stomach and another one in the evening, one hour before bedtime.
This remedy for diabetes is not harmful in any way, on the contrary, it helps to reduce the blood glucose level and it is an excellent toner for the entire body. Alongside a healing diet, that excluded refined sugars and processed meat, these natural treatments for diabetes can ease your condition and even cure you.
2. Leek, a Home Remedy for Diabetes
In addition to being one of the most effective natural remedies for diabetes, leeks also stimulate the proper functioning of the bladder and cleanse clogged arteries from cholesterol deposits. Well, this home remedy will leek has proven its efficacy in diabetes and its property to lower cholesterol levels. Here is how to make this remedy at home.
- Pour in a pot over fire 2 l of white wine and when it starts to simmer add 1 kg of chopped leek (but only the white parts).
- Continue to boil on medium heat until the content in the pot drops to half.
- Drink a small cup of this concoction early in the morning before breakfast every day.
This is a long-term treatment. Green onion, shallots, and onion, in general, are such marvelous natural hypoglycemic. A special diet that includes eating green onion every day for a longer period of time has beneficial effects even on more advanced forms of diabetes. This is one of the most powerful natural remedies for diabetes. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for diabetes that has already worked for a lot of people who have diabetes and it is also a great adjuvant for high GI.
3. Natural Remedies for Diabetes with Cranberries
If you are looking for a long term natural treatment and adjuvant for diabetes, then you should try a complete cure based on one of the most powerful antiglycemic berries. We’re talking about cranberries. Here is how cranberries can help you fight diabetes and win. Keep in mind that the cranberries cure and the other cranberries based treatments need to be done intermittently, with a pause between them.
- Fresh Cranberries. Have plenty of fresh cranberries along the day, and even dried or frozen, if you can’t find them fresh anywhere. A 50-200 gr of fruits daily is just perfect!
- Cranberries Juice. Drink 50-100 ml of fresh cranberries juice daily for 2 weeks out of a month. Pause and resume.
- Cranberries Tea. Replace your daily water supply with cranberries leaves tea. Instead of this tea, you can use the cranberries decoction by adding 1 tsp. of cranberries bark or root per 1 L of water. Boil on low fire for 30 minutes and have 1 cup three times per day. You need to make a fresh supply of teas daily, because in 24 h of staying these teas lose their therapeutic properties. Drink your teas unsweetened.
In addition to these natural remedies for diabetes with cranberries, here is a few diet advice to go along. Your diet needs to contain plenty of onion, garlic, carrots, lettuce, spinach, celery, nettles, cabbage. Add these fruits into your diet as well: cranberries, sour apples, and lemons. Have 2 cups of unsweetened fenugreek tea every day and 1 tsp. of cinnamon in the morning, with breakfast. Avoid sugary foods and high glycemic foods as well as harmful habits such as smoking, drinking alcohol, coffee, or stress.
Read Also: Home Remedy for Diabetic Foot
4. Shallots Tincture Remedy for Diabetes
One of the most effective natural remedies for diabetes is based on a special shallots tincture or onion tincture. This is what you will have to do to obtain the tincture:
- mix 500 ml shallot juice with an equal amount of ethyl alcohol in a 1 l bottle.
- stir very well, seal the bottle and let it stay for a few days in a cold place.
When the tincture is ready to use, have a teaspoon every day for a month period. Then stop taking it for another 10 days after which you shall resume for another month with this remedy. It`s best if you repeat the treatment monthly for 4 or 5 times a year. You will notice its benefits quite rapidly. Onion tincture is one of the most effective natural remedies for diabetes.
5. Sour Cabbage Remedy for Diabetes
Sour foods, such as wheat bran broth and sour cabbage have the property of lowering the glycemic index, that’s why they are so recommended. Follow a 3 weeks cure with sour cabbage as follows.
- Eat a simple salad made of a medium-sized sour cabbage on an empty stomach, in the morning.
Meanwhile, you don’t need to pause the treatment you’re already following. Run some medical tests before and after the sour cabbage cure and see for yourself. Generally, 2-3 cures are more than enough with a week pause between them.
6. Potatoes Juice Remedy for Diabetes
Drink the juice of three grated potatoes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Follow this cure for 10 days. Pause for another 20 and then resume the treatment. It’s best to use organically farmed potatoes.
7. Natural Remedies for Diabetes Insipidus (DI)
The green bean pod treatment is the best when it comes to diabetes insipidus, also known as DI. Make yourself fresh juice from green bean pods and drink it in between the meals of the day. The minimum daily quantity is 150 ml. In addition, drink mulberry leaves tea and blackberry buds tea. Also, include dandelion buds into your diet, preferably in salads.
Read Also: 3 Spices that Lower Blood Sugar Naturally
We really hope that the natural remedies for diabetes here will truly help you out, as they did many others before you. Let us know what worked for you in the comments below. Stay healthy, naturally!