If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for herpes, continue reading this article and find out what the are. But first.
Herpes is characterized by a group of small blisters on the lips, most often to the outer edge, causing inflammation of the skin and unsightly reddish appearance. The herpetic blister is filled with liquid, oftentimes bursting, and crusting. Herpes blistering usually heals within a week.
The virus that causes this problem is called herpes simplex (HSV-1) and it causes oral herpes, usually on the lip. The other one is HSV-2 and it is the herpes of the genitals, which affects the genital organs.
Today we’re going to reveal to you some amazing natural treatments for herpes that have actually proven efficient for patients suffering from oral or genital herpes.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex (Oral Herpes)
However, besides the blisters, there are other symptoms related to oral herpes, and they are:
- Mouth inflammation
- Discomfort when eating or drinking
- Sore throat
- Excessive drooling
What Causes Herpes Recurrence?
Once contracted, the herpes simplex virus remains in the body and can lead to the recurrence of the herpes blisters and injuries throughout life. Most patients have 3 to 4 recurrences per year, although a small number of patients have recurring herpes at least once a month. Amongst the factors that may trigger the relapse of herpes, the most important are:
- Excessive stress
- A weakened immune system, either due to illness or medication used in autoimmune disease
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Hormonal changes in women related to the menstrual cycle
- Extreme fatigue to the point of exhaustion
- Prolonged and unprotected sun exposure
- Food allergies
- Cold or flu
- Chemical solutions used in dental treatments
While in most cases, the lesions caused by herpes heal by themselves, if you suffer from herpes, there are a few natural treatments for herpes that you can try at home.
9 Natural Treatments for Herpes
1. Beer Yeast Herpes Treatment
Eat 50 grams of fresh beer yeast every day along with drinking a lot of herbal teas. Drink teas especially in the evening, and never go to bed having a dry mouth and feeling thirsty.
2. Burdock Decoction for Herpes
Add 4 tbsp. of burdock tea to 300 ml of hot water to make a decoction. Use it to pad the herpes lesions or apply it as a compress on the affected area. Burdock is a powerful liver cleanser, and one of the best natural treatments for herpes.
[amazon box=”B0893N4GBD” ]
3. Herpes Treatment with Propolis
Use propolis tincture to pad the herpes areas. You can also make your own propolis balm with 20 gr of natural propolis and 100 of petroleum jelly. Simply apply the balm twice a day on herpes. Propolis is a natural disinfectant and one of the most amazing natural treatments for herpes.
4. Rubbing Alcohol Herpes Remedy
Soak a cotton pad in rubbing alcohol and pad it on the affected areas as often as possible. If you start applying the rubbing alcohol from the very first signs of herpes, the lesion will stagnate and disappear usually in 12 hours from the application, because rubbing alcohol dries herpes out.
Read Also: 6 Best Home Remedies for HPV
5. Poplar Tincture Treatment for Herpes
Use a cotton ear bud to rub herpes with concentrated poplar tree tincture 3-4 times a day. In 2 days at most, the herpes is gone. Black poplar tincture is even more effective. Use it at a 30 minutes interval, 3-4 times a day.
[amazon box=”B00QB2EYLW” ]
6. Pork Fat and Flour Herpes Remedy
Make a simple balm for herpes with minced pork lard or grease and the same amount wheat flour. Slightly fry the mixture in a pan as if you were cooking it, then add milk and boil it, until it has the consistency of a thick paste. Apply a thin layer of this balm on herpes. Herpes usually goes away after just a few applications.
7. Herpes Remedy with Cold Compress
You can apply wet and cold compresses several times a day. Leave the compress on for about 20 minutes at a time. You will soon see that the herpes wound is no longer swollen and irritated.
8. Baking Soda Cures Herpes
Mix a little bit of baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply the paste on herpes and leave it on for a few minutes. Use it a few times a day until herpes is gone.
9. Aloe Vera, a Natural Treatment for Herpes
Aloe Vera is well-known for its skin repair properties, but did you know that is very effective with herpes? Well, if you already have an Aloe Vera Barbadensis plant in your house, there’s your home remedy for herpes. If not, you can most likely find it at the local flower shop.
- What you need to do is to cut a piece of Aloe leaf and apply the sap on herpes.
- Repeat several times a day, and you’ll soon see herpes starting to shrink in size.
- Use the aloe sap 4-5 times a day.
In a few days, you will see oral herpes gone without any scar left. Aloe Vera Barbadensis is one of the most effective natural treatments for herpes.
[amazon box=”B071QXFQWQ” ]
Other Natural Tips for Treating Herpes
First off, personal hygiene is crucial for patients suffering from herpes. Herpes is a highly contagious condition, which is easily passed when sharing personal hygiene objects. This is why, if you suffer from herpes, you need to have a personal towel for washing, and avoid using the same cups with other people.
- Avoid sharing of towels, bottles, razors, cosmetics, and other materials that come into contact with the skin and other persons whose state of health and hygiene do not know;
- Avoid foods that are too acidic, such as citrus fruits or tomatoes
- Use a sunscreen, especially during summer when temperatures are extreme and
- Wash your hands frequently
- Herpes is transmitted by kissing, so watch out for the people you get in contact with
We sure hope the natural treatments for herpes that you’ve found here will really help you out. Stay healthy, naturally!