If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for UTI with E. coli, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Naturally found in the human large intestine, E. coli is a bacteria that is harmless in most situations. However, there are situations when the E. coli bacteria grow chaotically, pass into the urinary tract, and leads to cystitis or other urinary tract infections (UTI). The most common UTI with E. coli symptoms are:
- pale skin
- frequent urination
- skin bruises
If you’re looking for UTI remedies due to E. coli infestation, here we have for you the best 8 home remedies for UTI with E. coli.
5 Home Remedies for UTI with E. coli
1. Birch Tea & Backing Soda Remedies
When you’re suffering from E. coli in urine infection, what you need to do is to maintain an alkaline environment in the body, for the infection to go away. For this, the birch leaves tea with backing soda is amazing!
- Add 1 tbsp of dried birch leaves to 200 ml of hot water.
- Then add a pinch of baking soda to the tea.
- Drink 1 L of this tea per day, sip by sip.
2. Home Remedies for UTI with E. coli with Thyme Oil
This is one of the simplest home remedies for UTI with E. coli infection and it goes like this. Have 3 drops of thyme oil, 3 times a day, 15 minutes before having your meals. Pour the 3 drops in a tbsp of honey and take it like this. You can also take them with warm water or tea.
3. Cranberry Remedy for UTI w/ E. coli
One of the best herbs that fight E. coli infections in the urinary tract is Vaccinum macrocarpon, also known as the large cranberry. This natural remedy is the base of D-Mannose, an urinary tract health supplement you can find online. What it does is absorb the E. coli bacteria from the walls of the urinary tract, thus eliminating them through urine. Cranberry supplement is one of the best home remedies for UTI with E. coli.
4. Concentrated Cranberry Tincture
Have between 50-150 drops of concentrated cranberry leaves and berries tincture. Take 3 reps of this tincture per day, before the meals, on an empty stomach. To make it easier, add the drops into a cup of tea or take them with some honey because they taste quite bitter. This is one of the easiest home remedies for UTI with E. coli.
5. Beer Home Remedy for E. Coli UTI
The 21 days beer cure is a very old natural remedy for E. coli in the urinary tract. What you have to do is to drink 500 ml of good quality beer a day. This remedy sure sounds fun, right? Split the daily quantity into 2 and drink half of it in the morning and the other half in the evening. After the 21 days of beer cure you will see that the E. coli infection is gone. However, it’s important that you stop this treatment after you get healed because we’re talking about beer here, which is alcohol and can lead to addiction.
Natural Supplements for UTI with E. coli
- Swedish Bitter. Anoint your belly area with Swedish bitter or sea buckthorn cream, in the evening, before bedtime.
- Tonic Ginseng. Have tonic ginseng capsules 3 times per day.
- Propolis & Royal Jelly for UTI. Have 2 drops/kg of body, 3 times a day. Pour them on a small piece of bread, chew the bread well, and swallow. Continue for at least 20 days. Have royal jelly first thing in the morning. Hold it under your tongue and then swallow. This will boost your immune system too.
Best Diet for UTI with E. coli
Avoid all dairy products except for fresh cow cheese (have 250 gr/week). Replace sugars with honey and avoid sugary foods. Have as many fresh fruits and veggies juices as you can (apple and beetroot are amazing for UTI!), as well as fresh fruits. When the symptoms are worsened, reduce your egg consumption to 1 a week.
Stay away from cold, especially cold feet or waist and hip areas. In the evening, sleep holding a bottle filled with hot water in your arms. Drink at least 2 L of lukewarm liquids per day (water, unsweetened teas, fruit compote juice, etc). We hope you’ve found here some effective home remedies for UTI with E. coli for you. Stay healthy, naturally!