Looking for simple natural treatments for UTI? We have some amazing home cures right here.
As annoying as they are, the frequent urination and waking up from 15 to 15 minutes to go to the toilet are only the symptoms of what we call a urinary tract infection.
Still, don’t get to alarmed if you happen to have one because they are easy treatable if you take good care of yourself and follow this simple natural treatment for urinary tract infection.
In This Article You Will Find:
8 Natural Treatments for UTI
1. Pine Cones Treatment for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
We’ve often heard that pine cones are infallible when it comes to all sorts of urinary infections and they even cure respiratory infections and other sorts. This traditional medicine goes like this.
- Boil a bucket full of pine cones into a big pot of water for 15 minutes but make sure that the cones are all covered with water.
- After the 15 minutes have passed, drain them and place the decoction into a small bath tub or a basin.
- Make sure the decoction is slightly cooled down.
- Sit down in the basin for about 30 minutes and make sure the water reaches the genital area.
If you believe the water has turned way too cold, add more of the hot concoction in the tub. Immediately after finishing the bath get in bed and stay as warm as possible.
- You’ll need to repeat this treatment every night before bedtime until the urinary infection has vanished.
And believe us, it will. If you live in an area where pine tree grow everywhere, well this natural treatment for urinary tract infection will be a simple and easy task for you.
2. Horsetail Baths Remedy for Urinary Tract Infections
- Fill up 1/3 of a 5-10 L pot with fresh horsetail.
- Wash the plant and then fill the rest of the pot with water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and leave overnight.
- Next day, around 17-18 o’clock put the pot over fire.
- After it has boiled for about 10 minutes add 300 gr of another herb in the pot of your choosing: yarrow, marigold, thyme, wormwood, St. John’s wort.
- Boil for another 5-7 minutes and then take the pot off the fire and put a lid on it.
While boiling, the plant will start floating, hence use a wooden spoon to push it down every now and then.
- Leave the broth to infuse for 15 minutes with a lid on.
- Using the same wooden spoon, take the herbs out of the pot and place them on a fluffy cotton sheet, the size of a baby diaper.
- Place the sheet in a pot, because the liquid will pour from it.
- Pour the remaining liquid from the large pot in a kid’s basin.
Add cold water over to regulate the temperature, so it’s bearable for bathing. The hotter the water, the more powerful effect the tea will have.
- Get into the basin, so that the water covers your kidney area but not your heart.
- Place the cotton sheet with herbs on the abdomen while bathing.
- Soak the sheet in the hot water from now and then so that they are kept always warm.
- Move the herbal poultice from your abdomen to the stomach area, liver, on the genital organs and pancreas.
Enjoy your bath for around 40 minutes, then get out and wash your feet without using soap.
- Take on a pair of socks without whipping your feet and get on your pajamas, and a thick bathrobe over the pajama so that you start sweating.
- Get directly into bed.
- Drink 1/2 L of linden tea with a bit of sugar and lemon while hot.
- Don’t uncover yourself, only if you cannot breathe.
- Use a towel to wipe off the transpiration of your neck, but don’t wipe of the transpiration from your body.
It’s very important that you don’t get out of bed or go peeing.
- After 1 hour of sitting like this you can get out of bed, wipe yourself clean, put on new pajamas and go to bed.
- Repeat the horsetail bath every second day and perform 10 baths in total.
Pause for 2 weeks and then resume the remedy if you are really sick. The UTI will 100% leave your body!
3. Fresh Juice Cure for UTI
- Make a fresh juice with: 300 gr of beetroot, 100 gr carrots, 100 gr celery root, 70 gr potatoes, 30 gr black radish, 1/2 cabbage, 1 garlic head and 1 onion.
- Drink 250 ml of this juice first thing in the morning
Another juice recipe is this one:
- Make juice from 3 lemons, dilute it with water and split into 3 portions.
- Have the juice before the 3 main meals.
Complete this fresh juice remedy with a herbal tea mix:
- Make a tea with 2 tsp. of yarrow and the same quantity common lady’s mantle in 250 ml of water.
- Prepare together and have 2 cups per day, one in the morning and the other at lunchtime.
In case you also suffer from kidney infection, this is what you can do:
- Prepare 1 cup of birch leaves tea in the evening.
- Make the tea by adding 2 tsp. of leaves per 250 ml of water.
- When the tea cools down, add a pinch of sodium bicarbonate as well.
- Cover the tea and leave overnight. Next morning slip the tea and drink it half of the quantity.
- 4 hours later drink the other half as well.
Supplement this natural remedy with vitamins and minerals as well.
Read More: 8 Home Remedies for UTI with E. Coli
4. Wild Thyme Remedy for UTI
Also known as Thymus vulgaris, this widely-spread herb is one of the best natural antibiotics when used as oil. Prepare the wild thyme as follows.
- Cover the chopped herb with natural oil.
- After a few days add a bit of alcohol and boil the mix in bain marie.
- Slip it and the thyme oil is ready.
- Add a few wild thyme oil drops into the diuretic teas you drink throughout the day.
The teas that we recommend as diuretics are calamus, greater celadine and hellebore.
5. Cabbage Remedy for Urinary Tract Infections
- Take 1-3 large cabbage leaves, cut out the middle vein and cut them into halves.
- Use a rolled pin to firmly press the leaves until they start to juice.
- Pile 2-3 leaves halves and place them on the inferior part of the abdomen.
- Do this procedure overnight. Tie the leaves in place with a cotton bandage.
At the same time, take horsetail sitz baths (38°C maximum). Also, drink a herbal mix tea of wild thyme, marigolds, common dandelion and yarrow. All of these herbs have anti-inflammatory properties. Continue doing this natural remedy daily, until you are completely healed.
6. Thyme Oil Remedy for UTI
However, if you wish for something even simple, try the thyme oil remedy.
- Have three drops of thyme oil into one tablespoon of honey and eat this three times a day before meals on an empty stomach with water only.
- Make sure that you don’t eat anything 15 minutes after you have taken the treatment.
- Follow this simple natural treatment for urinary tract infection for 5 to 7 days and you’ll definitely heal from this annoying condition.
Read More: Natural Treatment for Cystitis
7. Juniper Oil Treatment for UTI
Take 4 drops of juniper oil in a teaspoon with a bit of sugar 3 times per day. After the symptoms are gone, continue the treatment for 2-3 more days, with a smaller dosage: 2 drops 3 times per day. In maximum 2 weeks the UTI will be gone.
Another way to use juniper is as tincture made from juniper fruits. In combination with pine raisin tincture, it’s even better. Add 1 tsp. of each into 1/2 cups of water and take it 3 times per day on an empty stomach for 14 days. You can resume it after a 7 days pause. In parallel, do a clay cure.
8. UTI Bran Remedy
Pour 300 ml of still water over 4 tbsp of bran leave to macerate overnight. Next morning drink the water after you’ve slipped it and warmed it up a bit. For the supper, take 3 tsp of soaked bran and mix them with natural yogurt.
This remedy will help rebuild your intestinal flora and helps eliminate the toxins out of your body.
Buy The Teas & Tinctures Here:
5 Natural Tips for Urinary Tract Infections
Wear warm shoes only to protect your feet from cold. Avoid cold, flu and moist.
2. Diet for UTI
Exclude animal proteins from your diet as possible. Avoid spices, smoking, alcohol and coffee. It is also recommended that you eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, fish, honey, fresh juices and herbal teas for detoxing the body and stimulating the immunity. Eat fruits low on sugars (plums, apricots, apples etc). Avoid sugar, sweets and make sure the foods you eat are as natural as possible.
Drink only fresh spring or still water, but don’t drink from the tap. Tap water can contain bacteria and germs such as E.Coli in it and fluoride. Drink plenty sage, juniper, codlins-and-cream, spiny cocklebur, couch grass, corn silk, cherry stems, birch leaves and yarrow teas throughout the day (1 L per day in between meals). Take a pinch of sodium bicarbonate after breakfast for 10 days.
4. Vitamins for UTI
Eat plenty of raw pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium and zinc. You can also take zinc and magnesium tablets (1-2/day). Another recommended vitamin for UTI is natural Vitamin E and minerals such as calcium and magnesium complex.
Anoint the urinary meatus with coriander oil after each urination. When sleeping, hold a bottle with hot water between the legs.