Looking for a yeast infection remedy? Keep reading!
When allopathic medicine fails to heal we resort to home remedies that have worked since immemorial times. Let’s begin the adventure in the wonderful world of herbal remedies!
For those who didn’t know yet, yeast infection is caused by the Candida albicans, a microorganism that thrives in wet and dark environments such as the vagina.
The main causes of the development of yeast infection or candidiasis are a fat, starch and refined sugars based diet, antibiotics treatments and even synthetic clothing. Here you have some useful home remedies for yeast infection that uses a simple herb we all know as chamomile and a few useful tips.
In This Article You Will Find:
10 Best Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
1. Marigold Tea, the Remedy for Yeast Infection
This remedy for candidiasis is a simple tea that you need to drink on a daily basis until the symptoms have all gone away.
- Mix 30 g of marigold flowers with 10 g of stinging nettle, 10 g of purple loosestrife, 10 g horsetail, 30 g white dead nettle, 15 of chamomile, 20 g common knotgrass, 15 g yarrow, 10 g sage, all dried and minced.
- Infuse 1 teaspoon of this herbal mix into one mug of hot water.
- Let it infuse for 15 minutes and then slip.
- Have as much as 3-4 mugs per day.
Also, vaginal washes with wormwood will help too.
2. Nettle Remedy for Yeast Infection
Among the home natural remedies for yeast infection there is one based on white dead nettle that might really help you through. Stop the unwanted vaginal discharge with this simple tea. Take a pinch of dried white dead nettle minced plant and drop it into one mug filled with hot water. Let it infuse for 10 minutes and then slip it. Drink the tea throughout the day, one sip every hour or so. This home remedy is also recommended in ovary pains too.
Hopefully, these herbal teas are the natural remedies that you were looking for such a long time to stop the vaginal odor and discharge.
3. Flower Mix Home Remedy for Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Make a mix of 30 g of chamomile flowers, 30 g of marigold flowers, 20 g of jasmine flowers, 10 g sage leaves and 10 g of white dead nettle (whole plant).
- Make sure all the herbs are dried and finely minced so that they mix well together.
- Add 30 g of this plant mix into a pot and pour over 1 liter of boiled water.
- Cover the pot for about 20 minutes and then slip the content.
- Use a vaginal irrigator to wash the interior of the vagina and the entire area.
- Take these baths two times per day every, morning and evening, for a 2 weeks treatment.
4. Heated Stone Remedy for Yeast Infection
A simple natural remedy for the annoying yeast infection goes like this:
Find a stone the size of your fist and clean it thoroughly using a brush and a lot of water. Let the stone dry then place it in the oven and let it heat up well. Get it our using a spoon so you don’t get burned and place it in a basin (not a plastic one). Pour apple vinegar over it and get down with your genital parts over the steaming stone, allowing the heat from the steam to penetrate in. Repeat this several times for 10-12 minutes. Use a small chair if it helps you keep the position.
Read More: Natural Remedy for Candidal Vulvovaginitis
5. Remedy for Yeast Infection with Baking Soda
- Bring 1 L of water to a boil, take it off the fire and add 1 tbsp. of baking soda in it.
- Let the water cool down, and when it is lukewarm, use it for vaginal irrigations.
- If the condition is severe, do 2-3 baking soda irrigations per day to speed up the healing process.
- It is important to avoid sexual contact while on this treatment.
- After each irrigation, use boro-glycerine balm inside your vagina.
6. Chamomile Remedy for Yeast Infection
Chamomile is perhaps the most recommended plant when it comes to vaginal yeast infection as well as other genital conditions, fungus or infections. Take sits baths using a mild chamomile tea, three days in a row, in the morning and at night. Immediately after the intimate bath is over, anoint the area with chamomile oil. Prepare the chamomile oil by following this simple recipe:
- Fill ¾ of a large neck bottle with chamomile flowers.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with refined sunflower seed oil.
- Let the composition macerate for 10-14 days in a hot place exposed to the sunlight.
- Keep it in a fridge and use at room temperature.
After the thorough sits bath is over pour a little bit of the oil in your right hand and anoint the entire area, as profoundly as possibly (in both the vagina and anus area). Make sure you change your underwear on a daily basis and iron it every time you wash it clean. Another simple home remedy for yeast infection using chamomile goes like this:
- After you’ve taken the chamomile infusion sits bath fill a basin with 2-3 liters of warm fabric stiffener solution for 30 minutes. Then apply a natural marigold (calendula) ointment all over the intimate areas.
Read More: Natural Remedies for Vaginal Infections
7. Phytotherapy Heals Vaginal Yeast Infection
Last but not least, phytotherapy is the answer to healing yeast infections for good.
- Mix equal parts of wormwood, horsetail and common centaury. And one full tablespoon of this herbal mix into 300 ml of hot water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Strain and have 100 ml of this tea at a time, unsweetened and warm, 30 minutes before the meals of the day.
- The most important one is the morning tea.
- This cure lasts for 14 days.
Meanwhile eat as many raw vegetables and foods as possible and drink plenty of water. This home remedy for yeast infection is one of the remedies that have come with positive results for very many women. Try it yourself and enjoy your health back!
8. Powerful Herbal Mix
Do irrigations every day, using one of the following herbs: marigold, yarrow, greater celadine, chamomile, mint or wormwood. At the same time, drink 2 cups of yarrow tea every day. In a week, the yeast infection will be history.
Read More: Home Remedy for Vaginal Itching
9. Sea Salt Irrigation
- Add 1 tbsp. of organic coarse sea salt in 1 L of water.
- Boil the salted water until you are left with 1/4 of the initial water quantity.
- Strain well and use it for vaginal irrigations.
- Do the irrigations in the evening for a week.
- This is a quick and effective home remedy for yeast infection.
10. Herbal Instillation for Yeast Infection
Another amazing tea for vaginal irrigations is made of a mixture of equal parts of chamomile flowers, sage leaves, white dead nettle, common knotgrass and purple loosestrife. Prepare it exactly as mentioned above. Have vaginal instillation using this tea.