Nature has provided us with amazing herbs for viral lung infections. These powerful herbs protect our lungs against viruses and keep us healthy and strong.
Given the coronavirus COVID 19 epidemic, we want to share with you the most effective herbs for viral lung infections. Thes 5 herbs below fight respiratory lung infections naturally, that have been caused by either viruses or bacteria.
We’ve also written an article on how to protect against the coronavirus COVID 19 infection, that you can access below.
These 5 herbs for viral lung infections have a complex composition. They help support the respiratory system by eliminating the bronchial secretions and reduce and ameliorate the incidence and aggression of the inflammatory processes of the respiratory system.
Herbs not only improve lung health, but can also cure infections and even restore lung injury.
There are many herbs that support the health of the lungs and the respiratory tract, but the 5 herbs below are particularly efficient against bacterial and viral lung infections.
5 Best Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
1. Wild Thyme
Wild thyme has been used since antiquity as a remedy for viral lung infections. It is still widely used today to prevent and treat respiratory tract infections, lung congestion, and viral bacterial infectious pneumonia.
The reason is that wild thyme is one of the most powerful natural antibiotic and antiviral herbs. It naturally produces strong antiseptic oils known for antibiotic and antifungal properties. This makes wild thyme one of the best herbs for viral lung infections.
Thyme tea has the power to ward off and eliminate bacteria and viruses, so if you suffer from a bacterial or viral lung infection, this tea will fight it. Wild thyme oil is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics, together with oregano oil.
How to Use Wild Thyme Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
Coupled with ribwort plantain (Plantago lanceolata) in a 1:1 ratio, while thyme tea is even more effective against:
- bacterial or viral lung infections
- airway mucus hypersecretion
- bronchial asthma
- whooping cough (pertussis)
This recipe is recommended by famous Austrian herbalist, Maria Treben. Here is how you can make it at home:
- Add 1 tsp of thyme and ribwort plantain mix in a cup of hot water with and a slice of lemon (if you have organic lemons, use the peel also)
- Boil for a few minutes and then let the tea rest for 1 minute.
- Drink as hot as you can bear, in small sips.
- Have 4-5 teas a day.
- For pneumonia, drink a fresh cup of this tea every hour.
Thyme tincture is also a great way to use this herb for lung infections caused by viruses. Use it as directed on the package.
Read Also: Natural Alternatives to Azythromicin
You Can Find These Herbs Here
Read Also: Powerful Herbal Remedy for Lung Fibrosis
2. Ribwort Plantain
Another amazing herb for viral lung infections, ribwort plantain is primarily used to treat respiratory tract conditions. Her close relative, broadleaf plantain (Plantago major) is also used for lung conditions because it’s just as effective.
Ribwort plantain is very effective for:
- airway mucus hypersecretion
- whooping cough (pertussis)
- pulmonary asthma
- bronchi asthma
- pulmonary tuberculosis
How to Use Ribwort Plantain Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
The most effective way to treat lung infections with ribwort plantain is together with while thyme. Follow the recipe above.
You Can Find Ribwort Plantain Here
Lungwort, as its name suggests, is one of nature’s gift for the health of our lungs. Yes, this herb is one of the best against all sorts of viral lung infections and respiratory tract conditions.
It is commonly used for:
- airways inflammations
- phlegm cough
- persistent cough
How to Use Lungwort Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
There are 3 effective ways in which you can use lungwort to treat viral pulmonary infections: tea, powder and tincture. here are all three ways, explained.
Lungwort Tea. Make an infusion with 1 tbsp of dried lungwort leaves and flowers in 1 cup of boiling water. Infuse for 15 minutes, then strain the tea. Drink 3 cups every day. Alternate lungwort tea with linden flower tea, which is also amazing for the lungs.
Lungwort Powder. Lungwort powder is another herbal remedy for lung infections. You can make the powder by girding the dry plant. Take 1 tsp of this powder with a bit of water, 3 times per day.
Lungwort Tincture. Finally, lungwort tincture is just as good for the viral lung infections and viral conditions. Take 30 drops of lungwort tincture with a little bit of organic honey, 3 times a day.
You Can Find Lungwort Products Here
4. Licorice Root
Another amazing herb the lung infections, which is actually a root, is licorice. This root contains glycerin, giving it amazing expectorant, antiinflamatory properties to ward off viruses and bacteria from the respiratory tract. It also blocks free radicals from body cells, which cause inflammation and contraction of the respiratory tract.
Licorice is a strong antibacterial and antiviral, fighting against bacteria and viruses that cause lung infections.
This root is also capable of relieving bronchi mucus and acts as a stimulant for the adrenal glands. These glands are responsible with building resistance to infections and antigenic substances that may enter the body.
Licorice is very effective for viral lung infections, namely:
- throat and lung mucous
- building up immunity
- throat irritations
- lung cancer prevention
How to Use Licorice Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
The best way to use licorice for viral lung infections is as powder.
- Have 1 tsp of licorice powder, 3-4 times per day in a 14 days cure.
You Can Find Licorice Powder Here
Echinacea is a natural immune system booster, very effective against flu and viral respiratory infections resistant to antibiotic treatments or relapsing. It has a natural ability to inhibit the proliferation of viruses and bacteria in the body.
This herb has been successfully uses against viral infections due to its phagocytosis.
This flowering herb is a great remedy for:
- flu and cold
- respiratory infections
- immune deficiencies
- flu virus, AH5N1 virus, AH1N1, Herpes virus
- stimulates adrenal glands
How to Use Echinacea Herbs for Viral Lung Infections
Echinacea glycerin extract, tea or tincture are all effective. A great combo is echinacea tincture, Vitamin C and propolis tincture, for an extra immune boost.
- Echinacea tea. Pour 100 ml over an echinacea tea bag and cover for 10-15 minutes. Drink 2-3 cups a day for 2 weeks.
- Tincture. Have 30-40 drops diluted in 150 ml of water or tea, 3 times a day, between meals. Continue for 1 month.
- Extract. Have 30-40 drops 3 times a day, between meals. Continue for 1 month.
You Can Find Echinacea Here:
The Best Diet for Viral Lung Infections
Diet is the most decisive aspect of a tremendous impact on our health. Besides the powerful herbs for viral lung infections, here are a few diet and lifestyle advice to consider.
- Avoid heavy, highly-processed foods, including meat, fast-food, sugar, dairy (can cause mucus buildup), and bad habits such as drinking coffee, alcohol, and smoking.
- Eat plenty with vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, and grains.
- Herbal teas for lung health: mint tea, hyssop tea, coltsfoot tea, lobelia tea, horse-heal tea, and onion tea.
- Herbal remedies: radish syrup, fir syrup, pine syrup, rose rip syrup, garlic tincture (you can make at home).
- Essential oils: mint, eucalyptus, sage, cat’s claw, oregano, thyme.
- Breathing exercises. Deep breathing exercises and take walks in nature. Here are some amazing breathing exercises you can try, that are also effective for COPD.
We hope you’ve found empowering information here and discovered the most amazing herbs for viral lung infections. Last but not least, think positive. A positive mind attracts a positive vibe and creates a positive reality. Don’t forget that you are creators of your own reality, so make it a good one.