Who would have thought that apples and tomatoes are such an amazing natural treatments for acne. We have here for you plenty more remedies that work against acne. They are all natural and easy to make at home. Looking for a natural way to prevent acne? Well, it’s true. These miraculous remedies for acne here will help you get rid of acne once and for all.
In This Article You Will Find:
7 Natural Treatments for Acne
1. The Miraculous Natural Treatment for Acne
Mix together 2 parts plantago, 2 parts marigolds, 1 part wormwood and 1 part common comfrey root. Take 110 gr of this herbal mix and boil them in clear pork lard, until the plants start to look like pork greaves, but make sure you don’t burn them.
Leave the herbs and the grease to stay for the rest of the day.
Next day heat the preparation up on baine marie and then strain it. This balm is super effective in acne, but not only. It has proven its efficiency with burns as well.
2. Nettle Remedy for Acne
- Drink 1 L of scalded nettle tea daily, sip by sip over the day.
- At the same time, apply horseradish vinegar on your face with a cotton pad and let it work its wonders for 10 minutes.
Do this twice a day, in the morning and evening and wet your face beforehand.
- Rinse it off with a bit of warm water.
- If you can’t find horseradish vinegar you can make some yourself.
- Introduce grated horseradish in a glass bottle and pour vinegar over it.
- Leave to macerate for the next 10 days and your horseradish is ready to use.
3. Barley Remedies for Acne
Although few people know, barley is probably the best natural treatment for acne and it can be used both internally and externally. Here is how you use it successfully:
Barley Mask for Acne
- Grind 1 handful of barley and mix it with fresh spring water.
- Put the mixture over fire in a non-metallic pot, stirring continuously for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the pot aside and let it cool down until in reaches room temperature.
- Apply the barley mash on the acne areas and leave it to stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Try to use this barley mask as often as possible, even daily, until the acne disappears.
Acne Remedy with Barley Tea
- Fry 2 tbsp. of barley for 10 minutes in a non-metallic pan without using any grease whatsoever.
- Then add the fried barley in a non-metallic pot and pour fresh spring water over it and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Leave the pot aside to cool down.
- Drink this tea daily, sweetened or unsweetened, as you please.
- You can drink it hot or cold, doesn’t matter.
- Including barley in your everyday diet is another great way to get rid of acne.
4. Wheat Bran Treatment for Acne
Barley’s distant cousin, wheat is also amazing when it come to acne.
- Add 1 tsp. of wheat bran into 1 cup of water.
- Leave it overnight and strain it next morning.
- Apply the resulted water on your face using a sterile pad and repeat the procedure until you have no more acne left.
- Make a new wheat bran macerate because old one starts to ferment and it’s no longer effective.
5. Apple, the Natural Treatment for Acne
We will show you how to prepare at home two face masks using apples and we recommend that you at least try them and see for yourself, because there are no side effects or other implications.
Acne Remedy with Sour Apples
Take two sourly apples, wash them thoroughly and cut them into very thin slices and spread them over the face and neckline making sure that you cover all the problem areas.
Let them stay like this until they turn a brown color, meaning that they have oxidized. Thoroughly wash your face with cold water and repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times per week.
Read More: 3 Natural Remedies for Cystic Acne
Apple Paste Treatment
For the second mask you’ll need to cut a big apple into slices and put it to boil in a pot with milk until the composition turns into a paste. After the mixture has cooled down but it’s still a bit warm, add a tablespoon of natural honey and mix.
Spread the mask on the face, neck and décolletage and even on your back, wherever you have acne. After 20 minutes wash your face with cold water and you’re done.
6. Natural Treatment for Acne with Tomatoes
Pad your face with tomato slices several times per day. Next day pad your acne areas with crushed sorrel leaves. Allow each remedy to take its course for 30 minutes, then rinse them off your face. Also, a great natural way to prevent acne is tomato juice. Make a simple lotion with 100 ml of tomato juice, 40 ml 90° alcohol and 1 ml glycerin and use it when you see acne attacks! 🙂
7. Lettuce Remedy for Acne
Boil 75 gr of lettuce in 1 L of water for 20-30 minutes. You will obtain a decoction that you need to apply on your face when it chills. Leave it on the face for 20 minutes then rinse your face with warm water.
These are 7 simple and efficient natural treatments for acne. We invite you to try them and see how it works for you. Stay healthy, naturally!