If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for cystic acne, continue reading this article and find out what the are. But first.
Cystic acne is a case of severe inflammatory acne that affects the deeper skin layers. It is manifested through various size cysts or boils. Cysts appear when the inflammation causes hair follicles to rupture. Cystic acne can affect anyone, but it is more common in teenage boys and young men.
What Causes Cystic Acne?
Cystic acne is caused by the same factors as other types of acne, namely:
- excess dead cells in the hair follicles
- a large number of bacteria that cause acne (Propionibacteria acne, Cutibacterium acnes)
- hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands
- use of cosmetic products for oily skin
- hormonal imbalances
- sugar and dairy consumption
Some people are more prone to developing more severe cystic rashes than others. The condition seems to be passed on in the family. If the parents have suffered from cystic acne, the children are more likely to face this condition. Cystic acne does not occur due to a lack of hygiene.
How to Cure Cystic Acne
Most doctors prescribe oral antibiotics, isotretinoin, oral contraceptives (for women), or even recommend corticosteroid injections administered directly into cysts, and surgical excision and drainage. However, most of these treatments have huge side-effects that can last for a long time and they’re not always effective.
From a natural point of view, cystic acne can be caused by an excess of heat in the body, especially in the large energetic intestine, leading to the release through the skin. Its cause can also be a weakness in the spleen or energetic kidney. Both possibilities could be linked to a wrong diet – highly processed foods, sugar, and dairy – which produce heat in the large energy intestine or block the activity of the energy spleen. The mental state can also affect the spleen, large intestine, and kidneys.
There are a few effective natural treatments for cystic acne that you can try firsthand. Let’s get into the remedies.
3 Natural Treatments for Cystic Acne
1. Herbal Treatment for Cystic Acne
This is one of the best natural treatments for cystic acne with herbs. These wonderful herbs have strong detox properties, antiviral, soothing, and hormone balancing. You’ll love them. Mix equal parts of:
- Black elder (Sambucus nigra)
- Rosehip (Rosa canina)
- Cranberry (Vaccinium vitis)
- Lemon balm (Melisa Officinalis)
- Nettle (Urtica doica)
- Raspberry (Rubud idaeus).
- Add 1 tbsp of this herb mix into 400 ml of water.
- Let the tea infuse and drink it at breakfast or throughout the day.
- Add lemon juice to it.
- You can sweeten with honey if you wish, but it’s not necessary.
How to Use
Drink the tea freshly brewed for the best results. If you don’t drink the tea in 24 h after you’ve made it, throw it away because it is contraindicated. In addition to the daily herbal tea, take care of your diet. Read the diet recommendations for cystic acne at the end of this article. This is one of the best natural treatments for cystic acne.
You Can Find The Herbs Here
2. Floral Poultices for Cystic Acne
Herbal poultices are amazing for cystic acne. Wash your face with water and then let it dry completely.
- Apply calendula tincture (Flores calendulae) on the affected areas.
In addition, burdock root (Radix bardanae) infusion poultice is an amazing remedy for cystic acne. You can use it alternatively with the marigold tincture for the best results. Other herbal poultices that work for cystic ache are chicory root (Cichorium endivia), birthwort, and common comfrey. Go for the one most handy to you. These herbs are amongst the best natural treatments for cystic acne.
3. Natural Treatment for Cystic Acne with Sulfur
Sulfur soap wash is one of the best natural treatments for cystic acne and is so easy to use. When washing your face early in the morning, use a natural sulfur soap and wormwood tea (Artemisia absinthium). In the evening you can make compresses with the wormwood leaves you used for the tea.
The sulfur soap together with the wormwood tea heals the scars and changes the skin PH. In this sense, you can also use corn and wheat bran scalded with a bit of water. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for cystic acne and is also great for rosacea, itchy skin, tinea versicolor, and other related skin conditions.
Read Also: 7 Natural Treatments for Acne
Diet Recommendations for Cystic Acne
In addition to the natural treatments for cystic acne, diet is very important. Although this is still a topic of debate, data seems to suggest a link between the cystic acne and the consumption of sugar and dairy products.
- Avoid all food chemicals, such as food preservatives, colorants, flavors, etc.
- Exclude from your processed sugar, diet sodas, dairy products, meat and deli, fast foods, fried foods, Coca-Cola, and chocolate.
Although following a diet can discourage many people, you need to understand that it is for a short period of time to allow your skin to heal back. A complete juice detox diet, with leafy greens and fruits, as well as fruit smoothies are also amazing at cleansing the skin.
Natural Supplements for Cystic Acne
Natural supplements can help alleviate this skin condition alongside a healthy diet and some natural treatments for cystic acne.
- Dietary supplements – Zinc, Omega 3, probiotics.
- Herbal extracts – green tea (Camelia sinensis) or lamb’s tongue (Vitex agnus castus) – antioxidants and hormone balancing
- Essential oils – lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) – applied topically.
You Can Find The Supplements Here
Read Also: 4 Natural Remedies for Rosacea
We hope these natural treatments for cystic acne will help you heal completely. Stay healthy, naturally!