If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for hypothyroidism, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Hypothyroidism is usually caused by an existing illness or previous medical treatment that has made the thyroid no longer function optimally. Depending on the cause, hypothyroidism is permanent or reversible. Nowadays hypothyroidism is very common. It can also be caused by hormonal disorders caused by an improper diet and a stressful lifestyle.
Hypothyroidism Causes & Symptoms
- Poor diet: high in animal protein/fats, alcohol consumption, tobacco, coffee, processed sugars, junk food, food additives, and preservatives.
- Inflammation: a viral or bacterial loads in the body
- Pollution & toxicity
The most common symptoms of hypothyroidism are:
- Heat intolerance
- Heart palpitations
- Excessive sweating etc
Have faith that you can heal! Here are some of the most effective natural treatments for hypothyroidism and the best remedies for this thyroid condition. Let’s get into the remedies.
8 Natural Treatments for Hypothyroidism
1. Lady’s Bedstraw & Hawthorn Natural Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Mix equal parts of lady’s bedstraw and common hawthorn. And 1 tbsp of this mix into 1 cup of hot water. Add 1 tsp. of Swedish Bitter as well in the tea and drink 4-5 cups daily. These two herbs are some of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism. In addition, drink lady’s bedstraw infusion throughout the day. Here is how to make it.
- Add 1 full tsp of plant per 1/4 L of water.
- Drink 200 ml of this tea with 1 tsp. of apple cider and 1 tsp. of honey, 30 minutes before meals.
- Continue the treatment until you finish 1 L of apple cider.
Pause for 2 weeks and resume the treatment. Then anoint the thyroid area (neck) with lady’s bedstraw tincture. Continue massaging it softly with lady’s bedstraw oil. Reflexology is also great if you experience hypothyroidism-related dizziness. This is a long-term treatment, so try to be consistent for at least 1 month.
2. Walnut & Honey Remedy for Hypothyroidism
This natural treatment for hypothyroidism increases appetite resets metabolism and the iodine contained in the buds helps the good functioning of the thyroid gland. It also strengthens the body, eliminates tiredness and asthenia, gland insufficiency, and endemic goiter.
- Make a simple composition with 200 gr of walnut buds, 400 ml water, and 300 gr of high-quality honey.
- Boil the buds until the water level drops to half and then crush them and leave aside to cool down.
- After they’ve cooled down, now you’re ready to add the honey.
- Store the remedy in the fridge.
- Have 3 tbsp. daily, one before each of the main meals.
Follow 4 cures every year with this wonderful remedy. Walnuts are some of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
3. Spiny Cocklebur Remedy
Spiny cocklebur (Xanthium spinosum) plays a major adjuvant role in curing thyrotoxicosis. It is also a great treatment for thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer nonetheless.
- Have 3 tsp of the powdered herb per day, in 3 weeks long cures.
- Pause the treatment for 10 days and resume it for another 3 weeks.
This is one of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism. Follow the treatment uninterruptedly until you have healed completely.
4. Clay Water Remedy for Hyperthyroidism
Prepare this amazing remedy by adding 1 tsp clay to 300 ml of spring water. You can also use still water if you don’t have fresh spring water around.
- Leave the clay to soak in the water for 12 hours.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and drink while it’s cloudy.
- Drink the clay water only and leave the clay residues on the bottom aside.
Continue the clay water cure for 21 days and then pause for 30 days. The clay cure remineralizes the body, helps regulate the metabolism, and cleanses the blood. For best results, do the clay cure every month. This is one of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Thyroid Problems
5. Herbal Tea Remedy for Hypothyroidism
Add 1 tsp. of yarrow, juniper, sage, common dandelion, globe artichoke, and corn silk in 750 ml of boiling water. Infuse for 30 minutes. Slip and drink throughout the day. These herbs are some of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
6. Miraculous Herbal Tea for Hypothyroidism
Drink 1 L of 50% nettle, 20% horsetail, 30% marigold, basil, and walnut leaf tea mix throughout the day. Make the herbal tea remedy more effective by drinking 3×50 ml of green barley juice a day alongside. This is one of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
7. Fir Needles Poultice
Make a fir needles decoction by boiling 4 tbsp. fir needles per 500 ml of water for 5 minutes. Leave to cool down and then use it to make a poultice that you put on the thyroid area on your neck. Keep the poultice overnight.
8. Clay Poultice
Make simple clay poultices with walnut leaves infusion. Place them on the thyroid gland area overnight. Alternate them with crushed cabbage leaves poultice, on the first day the clay poultice, and the other day cabbage leaves poultice. Grated onion and clay poultices are also amazing for hypothyroidism. Apply them daily. Before following any natural treatments for hypothyroidism consult with a herbal doctor.
6 Best Natural Supplements for Hypothyroidism
1. Propolis Tincture
Propolis tincture has natural thyroid nodules shrinking action, preventing the formation of tumorous nodules as well as strengthening the immune system. Chew on 0.5 cm of a natural propolis bar daily. Take 30% concentration propolis tincture, 1 drop per body kg split into 3 equal portions, 30 minutes before the main meals of the day. This is one of the best natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
Have 4-5 tsp. of pollen daily in a 30 days cure and then pause for another 30 days.
3. Honey & Royal Jelly
Mix in a cup 2 tsp. of natural honey with 2% royal jelly, apilarnil 4%, 2 tsp. pollen and 90 drops of 30% propolis tincture. Take 1/3 of this composition 20 minutes before each meal of the day. Give up on coffee and drink 500 ml of water daily in which you’ve added 6 tbsp. honey and apple cider vinegar. Sweeten the drink with a bit of honey and you’re ready to enjoy it.
Spirulina helps regularize the metabolism and is a powerful heavy metals detox. Have 1-2 gr of spirulina (dietary supplement) daily for 3-6 months.
5. Garden Angelica Herb
Add 1 tsp. of garden angelica root per 250 ml of cold water. Leave to macerate for 12 hours and drink 1 cup a day. This simple herb is one of the most powerful natural treatments for hypothyroidism.
Drink 1 cup of rosehip tea at breakfast. Sweeten the tea with honey after it has cooled down (under 40°C).
The Best Diet for Hypothyroidism
In addition to the natural treatments for hypothyroidism, diet is crucial. The main aim of a special diet for hypothyroidism is to help redress the good functioning of the liver so that it starts to eliminate toxins through the kidneys, lungs, skin, and intestines. For this, a 12-24 months diet is recommended.
Healing Foods for Hypothyroidism
Follow a 10-days cleansing diet with fresh juices and smoothies made with fruits and veggies.
- Foods that are loaded in Vitamin B: brewer’s yeast, whole natural yogurt, rosehip tea.
- Raw veggies: salads, garlic, onion, spinach, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, and raw fruits.
- Fresh veggie and fruit juices/smoothies.
- Plant-based proteins: raw hazelnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, walnuts, soy, germinated wheat, slightly scalded wheat brans with honey, and sesame. Fats should be reduced, even healthy ones.
- Cooked vegetables (30% of your daily intake): green beans, dried beans, lentils, peas, mushrooms, and potatoes
Worst Foods for Hypothyroidism
- Coffee, alcohol;
- Refined sugars (replace with honey, dates, or stevia);
- Vinegar & pickles (replace with lemon juice);
- Meat (replace meat with fish, hazelnuts, walnuts, beans, and sesame seeds);
Read Also: 9 Natural Remedies for Thyroid Nodules
We hope that you’ve found here enough resources to help you heal hypothyroidism without any intrusive medication. Natural treatments for hypothyroidism have a longer action and don’t work on the spot. That’s why, if you decide to follow a remedy for this condition, be consistent. Stay healthy, naturally!