Looking for home remedies for excessive sweating that actually work? Here are no less than 12 remedies for excess sweat and other natural tips that can help you solve this problem.
Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one of the most unpleasant conditions you can experience mostly during the hot seasons. Sweating is the body’s natural mechanism to regulate temperature and eliminate toxins through the skin. However, excessive sweating shows an unbalance in the body and can be a symptom of an underlying condition. The most common forms of excessive sweating are in the palms of the hands, and feet, but also on the forehead or under the armpit.
If you experience excessive the best way to go about it is to find the cause that you sweat excessively. So before we show to you the 12 most effective home remedies for excessive sweating, first let’s look into the main reasons for excessive sweating.
In This Article You Will Find:
The Main Causes for Excessive Sweating
- Stress and extenuation
- Metabolism imbalance
- Circulatory deficiencies
- Lymph system conditions
- Pulmonary conditions
- Menopause symptom
- Medication (corticosteroids and salicylic acid drugs especially)
- Lack of albumin
How to Stop Excessive Sweating Without Medication
1. Best Diet for Excessive Sweat
If you follow a healthy diet, the chances are that excessive sweating will be a thing of the past in your case. Your main focus should be cutting down on salt, animal fats, meat, and processed meats. If you can eliminate them completely for at least a period of time, that’s even better. Strong spices, hot drinks, alcohol, and strong coffee can also aggravate excessive sweating.
- Instead, have plenty of fruits and veggies.
- Avoid onion and garlic because we emanate these scents through the skin when we sweat.
- Add marjoram as a condiment to your salads.
- Have organic dairy products if possible.
2. Worrying Aggravates Excess Sweating
The second most important cause of hyperhidrosis is stress. If you feel stressed, the best thing to do is to find ways to relax more. No matter what home remedy or medication you will follow for excessive sweating, if you don’t lower your stress levels, they will less likely work. Make peace with yourself, find that inner calm that resides inside you, and befriend it. Accept the strong emotions that cause you to stress, and see what are the underlying thought behind the way that you feel.
Remember that every thought that causes you stress does not come from the heart, but from the egoistic mind. Learn to listen to that loving voice of the heart and understand that anything that does not come from a place of love is not you. Relaxation exercises, meditation, or a good read can help you a great deal!
3. Wear Natural Fabrics
Don’t get me wrong, sweating is absolutely normal and healthy. It’s the body’s natural way to eliminate excessive body water, regulate temperature and excrete toxins. However, if you suffer from excessive sweating, clothing should be another thing to look into. Avoid any synthetic fiber clothes because they can aggravate hyperhidrosis.
Instead, wear comfortable cotton or silk clothing. These fibers allow for sweating to evaporate quicker. In addition, wearing sleeveless shirts and large dresses in the summertime is a great choice! Whatever you wear, make sure the skin has a lot of “space” to breathe.
4. Work Out Regularly
Running, cycling or tennis make great exercises for people who suffer from hyperhidrosis. However, you should work out regularly. The more you sweat when you exercise, the less likely is that you will sweat uncontrollably. Plus, losing a few extra pounds is great if you suffer from excessive sweating. Did you know that exercise has an antidepressant effect too? Well, there you go!
5. Alternate Showers
Alternate hot/cold showers are perhaps one of the best home remedies for excessive sweating. Start the morning daily shower with warm water and then switch to cold water. Always finish the shower with cold water. Alternate showers make a simple remedy for excessive sweating. In addition, they also stimulate blood circulation. You will start to love these showers in no time and make them part of your day-to-day routine.
Hot saunas are also a great exercise for the blood vessels and sweat glands. During a hot sauna (either dry or wet), the body learns to regulate sweat better. If you’re sweating excessively, make the sauna a regular activity.
12 Quick Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
1. Walnut Leaves Tea Remedy
Walnut leaves are one of the most effective home remedies for excessive sweating, as the EMA conclusion shows. This is why you will find them in a couple of remedies here. This particular remedy is amazing for general or localized abundant or persistent transpiration.
- Boil 1 tbsp of dried walnut leaves or a handful of fresh leaves in 200 ml of water.
- Continue boiling on low-medium heat until the water drops to half.
- Let it cool down, strain the tea and add 1 tbsp of organic honey.
Have 3 cups of this tea (100 ml), 3 times per day for 1 week. Drink the tea after the main meals. You can add more strength to this remedy, by applying compresses on the areas that sweat excessively with this same tea.
Beware! After 2 hours of sitting, this tea is no longer effective, and even if you keep it in the fridge, it becomes toxic in 3 days. It’s important to drink it right after you’ve prepared it! This remedy is not recommended for people suffering from diabetes, duodenal ulcers, or advanced hyperthyroidism.
2. Wheat Bran Cure for Excess Sweat
Wheat bran is another one of the most effective home remedies for excessive sweating. For this remedy follow the steps below.
- Add 3-4 handfuls of wheat bran in a fine gauze sachet.
- Put the sachet in a basin and pour 3-4 l of boiling water over it.
- Leave it to soak for the next 2 hours.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water until the level reaches your waist.
- Pour the bran water into the bathwater and the sachet too.
- Bathe for 20-30 minutes, while you squeeze the sachet in your hands.
Continue squeezing until a milky substance comes out from the sachet. Then use it to wash your entire body, as you would use a bath sponge. Insist on the areas where your sweat is more abundant.
3. Sage Tea Sweat Remedy
Follow a 2 weeks sage tea cure if you want to stop the uncontrollable sweating. Sage is loaded with bitter flavonoids that regulate perspiration, making this herb one of the best home remedies for excessive sweating.
- Boil 2-3 full tbsp of dried sage leaves in 1 l of water in the morning.
- When the water starts to boil, turn the stove on low heat and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Then turn the heat off and strain the tea.
- Let the tea cool down a bit and drink ¼ of the quantity on the spot.
Keep the rest of the tea in a thermos and drink it throughout the day. After a week, you should see the first signs that this home remedy is working. This recipe is also amazing for nighttime transpiration.
4. Marjoram Remedy for Excess Sweating
Marjoram is one of the most effective home remedies for excessive sweating and if you pair it with other healing herbs, it’s most likely you will heal from this condition. Here is what you have to do.
- Add 2 tbsp of dried marjoram to a thermos, along with 250 ml (1 cup) of hot water.
- Let the tea infuse for 2 hours, then let it cool off for 45 minutes and strain it.
- Strain the remaining plant through a fine gauze so that all the juice comes out.
- Drink the tea in two reps, 15 minutes before meal time.
In addition, have marjoram and walnut leave baths. Prepare the herbal bath as follows:
- Add 1 cup of marjoram finely cut leaves and another one of walnut leaves in 3 l of water.
- Boil the plants for 3 minutes, and let them infuse for another 30 minutes.
- Strain the tea and squeeze the leaves well so that all that amazing tea comes out.
- Add this infusion to your warm bathwater.
Wash your face and hair well with this bathwater. Repeat this treatment 2-3 times per week. If you have these plants available for picking, gather them on hot days, at 12 in the afternoon. This is one of the best home remedies for excessive sweating.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Wash your whole body with a mix of ¼ l water and ¼ l apple cider vinegar right after a shower. Make sure you wash your feet and armpits well with this solution. Wiping your armpit with a slice of lemon also works. Do this twice a week to have results. As simple as it sounds, ACV is one of the top home remedies for excessive sweating.
6. Lemon Slice Remedy for Excessive Sweating
Wash your hands and feet well and then slightly rub them with lemon slices. Let the lemon juice dry on your skin and don’t rinse it off. You can do this treatment at any time of the day, preferably before going to bed. The effects will be visible in a few weeks, but this is a long-term treatment. Resume this home remedy once a year or anytime the excessive sweat comes back.
7. Walnut Leaves Wash Remedy
Walnuts leaves are indeed one of the very best home remedies for excessive sweating. Make a decoction with 80 g walnut leaves in 3 l of water or 5 tsp. oak bark in 500 ml water. You can also try mixing the two plants to make the bath even more powerful. Wash your hands and feet daily with this decoct until you see some improvements.
8. Lovage Tea Remedy for Excessive Sweating
For this remedy, you will need a minced lovage root. Add 1 tbsp of the root to 400 ml of hot water and infuse it in a thermos for 1 hour. Strain the tea and drink 100 ml at a time, 4 times a day.
9. Thyme Tea Cure
Another amazing tea for excessive sweating is thyme tea. For this remedy, you can use both fresh or dried thyme. Add 2 tbsp of the finely minced plant to 400 ml of hot water. Let the thyme infuse for 2 hours. Strain the tea and drink 100 ml, 4 times a day, before the meals.
10. Pine Baths Treatment
Take baths with fresh pine branches. To do this remedy, finely chop the pine branches, pins, and cones. Add 3 handfuls of the chopped plant into 5 l of water and boil for 3 hours on low heat. Strain this pine decoction in your warm bathwater. Have these baths for 10 days in a row, then pause for the next 5 and resume if the case be. Pine baths are one of the most powerful home remedies for excessive sweating.
11. Salt Baths Therapy
Take a 10 minutes morning bath in which you add 2-5 cups of natural salt. After the bath, rub your entire body with a clean towel, until you get this warm-up sensation. Repeat daily until the excessive sweating problem is gone.
12. Aromatherapy for Excessive Sweating
Put 2 drops of lavender oil and another 2 of sage oil on a cotton handkerchief. Inhale the aromas several times per day. Although it may seem too simple, these home remedies for excessive sweating are actually very effective.
8 Simple Natural Remedies for Excessive Sweating
In addition to the home remedies for excessive sweating aforementioned, there are simple natural tips and remedies on the go that can fix your excess sweat problem. Here they are.
- Apply fresh milk to the skin every day and every night, then wash it off. This is a great remedy for dilated pores that lead to excessive sweating.
- Use concentrated black tea to wash your entire body in the morning, without rinsing it off.
- Rub your face with a tomato slice and then with a cucumber slice in the evening. Don’t wash the juices off, until the next morning.
- Mix 1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate with 1 tsp of talc powder in a small container. Use it to powder the areas that sweat excessively.
- Use natural homemade soap and natural deodorants, instead of conventional ones. Deodorants can cause many glandular dysfunctions.
- Chew on a clove every day; it contains eugenol, a compound used in dental treatments.
- Drink plenty of aromatic teas, such as basil, sage, linden, or hyssop teas.
- Have 1 tsp of mustard seeds with 100 ml of water before lunch. Mustard seeds rebuild and disinfect the stomach linen and also stimulate the gallbladder.
Excessive Sweating Can Be Cured
There are many home remedies for excessive sweating here, and a whole lot of natural tips to help you through. However, try to understand what are the reasons you sweat excessively and start from there. Whatever they are, a more balanced lifestyle with healthier food options, freshwater and air, more exercise, and less stress can be the best home remedies for excessive sweating and most modern conditions. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️