If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for high blood pressure, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
High blood pressure is a very common lifestyle-related condition these days. The food we eat, exercise, stress, and other factors can lead to this unwanted health issue. The cause of hypertension is actually an overburdened liver. This is why we recommend a complete liver detox as a treatment for high blood pressure.
If you are one of those people who suffer from high blood pressure and want to take a more natural approach to heal, then perhaps it’s a good idea to have a look at these home remedies for high blood pressure below. Before following any of these remedies, please make sure you consult your doctor first.
10 Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
1. Plums, the Home Remedy for High Blood Pressure
Plums are perhaps one of the best home remedies for high blood pressure. For this treatment, you need you’ll need 150 ml of 60 degrees alcohol, 100 g plum pulp, sugar, and water.
- Soak the pitted plums into the alcohol in a clean jar and macerate overnight.
- Separately make a basic syrup by mixing one part water with two parts of sugar.
- Pour the syrup over the plums and the alcohol in the jar.
- Store the jar in the pantry to macerate for 2 weeks’ time.
- Shake the jar every day during this period of time.
- Slip the content and keep the macerate in a bottle for storage.
- Have 1 tsp of the plum macerate right after the main meals of the day.
You’ll see some improvement in your health condition and we really hope that this will help if the medication seems to fail on you. This home remedy is not recommended for those who have sugar restrictions in their diet, because of the sugar syrup it contains. For all the other, this is delicious!
2. Grapes Stum Remedy for High Blood Pressure
Start the cure by drinking 0.5 l of natural and fresh grape stum split into 3 portions, 1 hour before the three main meals of the day. Increase the daily quantity progressively with 100 ml every day, until you reach 2 l of grapes stum daily (about 2 weeks). Continue drinking this quantity for 2-3 days. During these days, don’t eat nor drink anything else except for the stum. Then start decreasing the quantity daily, until you reach the initial 0.5 l of stum quantity you started the cure with.
You’ll need large quantities of grape stum, but this is one of the best natural cures for hypertension. Grapes stum is a natural diuretic, depurative, and anti-sclerotic. While following this cure, avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, excess salt intake, and follow a predominantly vegetarian diet, as much as possible. This is one of the most powerful home remedies for high blood pressure.
3. Guelder Rose Remedy for High Blood Pressure
Dry a few guelder rose bunches. When the berries have started to shrink as raisins pick them from the small branches.
- Make alternate same thickness layers of guelder rose fruits and sugar in a glass jar.
- Leave the berries to macerate for 1 month, in a dark place.
- Have 1 tsp of this remedy daily.
- If possible, eat 1-2 fresh guelder rose berries every day.
4. Herbal Remedy for High Blood Pressure
In order to have a balanced blood pressure, drink lots of nettle and thyme teas, and parsley and green beens pods juice. Include in your diet lots of onion and garlic as well. Also, eat grated celery root 4 times per day (you can add it to your salad). Unsalted white rice is also great with high blood pressure.
Common hawthorn macerate is also one of the best home remedies for high blood pressure. Here is the recipe for this wonderful cure.
- Macerate 150 g of common hawthorn berries in 600 ml of cold water overnight.
- Give the water a quick 3 minutes boil before drinking it.
- Slip and drink while hot.
- This a 1 month-long treatment for hypertension.
5. Garlic Cure for High Blood Pressure
Garlic is one of the most powerful home remedies for high blood pressure because it cleanses the liver pathogens. Here is how to use it. Swallow one garlic clove first thing in the morning and then drink 1 cup of water in which you’ve added 2 tbsp of Kombucha. This is a long-term cure for hypertension that lasts for 6 weeks and it is not recommended for patients suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers.
Another home remedy with garlic is this one.
- Infuse 200 g of crushed garlic in 200 ml of water.
- Have 1 tsp 2-3 times per day.
There is another remedy for hypertension with garlic.
- Mix 2 cups of water with 16 finely chopped garlic cloves, 2 tbsp apple vinegar, and 3 tbsp of high-quality raw honey.
- Boil the mix on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Have 3 tbsp of this garlic drink 3 times per day before mealtime.
6. Horseradish & Fresh Juice for Hypertension
Grate 1 cup of horseradish. Pour 1 cup of water over it and leave to macerate for the following 36 hours. Squeeze the horseradish macerate well. Mix the macerate with 1 cup of fresh beetroot juice, 1 cup of fresh carrot juice, another cup of honey, and the juice from one lemon. Have 1 tbsp. of this wonder cure three times per day, 1 hour before meals. Horseradish is a powerful natural antibiotic, this is why this is one of the best home remedies for high blood pressure.
7. Leeks Wine Cure for Hypertension
Macerate 100 g of finely chopped leek in 1 L of high-quality, clear white wine for 10 days. Have a shot every morning before breakfast. Leek wine is an amazing home remedy for any heart disease, especially for high blood pressure.
8. Hogweed Tincture Remedy for High Blood Pressure
Hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium) is one of the most powerful home remedies for high blood pressure. Most of today’s medicine heals the symptoms and not the cause itself, however, hogweed tincture is known to be an excellent natural hypotensive and it can be prepared at home as follows.
- Grind the seeds and flowers of the plant using a coffee grinder.
- Put the powder into a jar.
- Fill up 1/3 of the jar with 70 degrees alcohol.
- Seal the jar tight and macerate for 10 days.
- Make sure you shake the content from time to time.
- After 10 days, filter the content and keep the obtained tincture in small dark glass bottles.
- Take 50 drops of hogweed tincture, 4 times a day, before the main meals of the day.
9. Lemon Remedy for High Blood Pressure
Thoroughly wash a lemon. Grind it entirely or chop finely and mix well with 1 tsp. of yeast. Split into 2 portions. Eat one in the morning and the other in the evening. Such an amazing remedy for high blood pressure. One of the most simple yet powerful home remedies for high blood pressure.
10. Corn Meal & Peach Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
These two make some of the most effective home remedies for high blood pressure. Here is how to use them. Add 1 tbsp. of cornmeal in a 250 ml glass. Pour hot water over it until the glass is full and leave it overnight. Drink this water first thing next morning, without stirring the cornmeal that sits at the bottom.
What French people do to naturally drop their high blood pressure is to eat pears and peaches. These fruits contain a great number of polyphenols which are of great help in this case. So, when the season comes, make stocks of pears and peaches and eat a couple of peaches every day.
You’ll definitely see some significant improvements in what regards your high blood pressure and overall well-being.
Read Also: Natural Remedy for Liver Congestion
Hope that you’ll find these home remedies for high blood pressure really efficient in your case. Let us know if they’ve worked for you too in the comment section below. Stay healthy, naturally!