Swollen feet are most likely caused by edema, meaning that the body retains more water than it should and this water deposits in your feet and ankles, making them swell.
Hopefully, the natural remedies for swollen feet that we are about to share with you will offer you a more natural approach to treating this condition.
In This Article You Will Find:
7 Natural Remedies for Swollen Feet
1. Mistletoe & Elder Tincture for Swollen Feet
- Make a tincture by mixing 1 L of 87° alcohol, 200 g of mistletoe powder and 100 g elder bark.
- Add all the ingredients into a 2 L plastic container with lid.
- Keep the container in direct sunlight for the following 15 days and don’t forget to shake 3-4 times per day.
After 15 days, slip the content and add another 200 ml of boiled and chilled water and 100 g of natural honey. Pour the macerate into small dark glass bottles and keep the in the fridge. Have 50 ml of the macerate twice a day, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner. In addition, drink 500 ml of birch leaves tea with 1 tbsp. of cold-pressed olive oil.
2. Swollen Feet Remedy with Juniper
A miraculous remedy for swollen feet is the juniper cure.
- First day, swallow 4 juniper berries on an empty stomach in the morning. You can have breakfast an hour later.
- Second day, swallow 5 berries, third day 6 and continue to add one berry each day until you reach 16 berries.
- Decrease the number of berries by one, until you get back to eating 4 berries a day.
- Pause for 1 week and then resume the remedy.
Concomitantly, avoid salt intake and standing up that much. This cure is also beneficial in pulmonary conditions, rheumatism, gastrointestinal disorders and biliary dyskinesia and migraines.
3. Ivy Baths Remedy for Swollen Feet
- Make a decoction by adding 3-4 handfuls of ivy leaves and strains into 5 L of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Pour the decoction into your bathwater and get your swollen feet in and stay for 30 minutes at a 37° C temperature.
4. Spiny Restharrow Remedy for Swollen Feet
- Add 2 tsp of minced spiny restharrow roots into a cup of cold water and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, slightly heat up the macerate, filter and split the content into two equal parts.
Drink the first half 30 minutes before breakfast and the other half 30 minutes after breakfast.
5. Walnut Leaves Treatment for Swollen Feet
- Add 450 g. walnut leaves into 3 L of cold water.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Get your feet into the decoction and keep them in while it’s still warm.
- Rinse your feet with cold water.
Compresses with rosemary boiled in white wine are also amazing for your swollen feet and ankles.
6. Simple Apple Cider Remedy
Fill your bathtub with water (about 30 cm) and the pour in 3-4 cups of apple cider vinegar.
Get in the tub, stand and step on water like you were climbing stairs. Continue until you feel that your feet are now rested.
Don’t wipe them, let them dry naturally. If you have severe pain afterwards, cover your feet in vinegar soaked napkins.
7. Clay Cure for Swollen Feet
Add 1 cup of clay in a basin of water, 3 tbsp. of salt and 5 drops of white fir tree oil. The procedure lasts for 25-30 minutes. We hope that at least one of these natural remedies for swollen feet will help you put get better. Take care of yourselves!