If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever, continue reading this article and find out what the are. But first.
Rheumatic fever is a form of rheumatism that affects the joints mostly, at times causing atrocious pains in the patients. Here are some natural remedies for rheumatic fever that may calm down the symptoms and help out!
5 Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
1. Weeping Fig Leaves Remedy for Rheumatic Fever
For this remedy, you will need 750 ml of refined 90° ethyl alcohol and weeping fig leaves (Ficus benjamina). Immediately after you pull off the leaves from the branch pass them through the grinder twice until they are fine. It’s really important that after you grind the fig leaves you thoroughly wash the grinding machine with running water for 15 minutes and also that you wash your hands well with a natural soap.
- Then put them in the alcohol.
- Pour the entire content into a 1 l dark glass bottle.
- The leaves quantity needs to be enough so that you fill the 1 l bottle all the way up.
- Seal the bottle well with a cork.
- Leave the mixture of alcohol and fig leaves to sit for the following 14 days.
- Then strain the content and the remedy is done.
Use the mixture to pad the areas that hurt due to rheumatic fever. Just pad it on, don’t rub! In addition, take frequent willow bark baths. The best time to collect the bark is when the willow turns green, in the springtime. Sleeping on a mat filled with dried willow bark will help even more with rheumatic fever pains. The reason is that willow bark contains natural salicylic acid, the precursor of aspirin. Willow bark is actually nature’s aspirin, which is why alongside weeping fig extract, is one of the best natural remedies for rheumatic fever.
2. Horseradish Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
Horseradish is one of the top natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Here is how to use it effectively. Pour the following ingredients in a 1.5 L bottle:
- 1 and ½ cup of grated horseradish, 1 cup of cold-pressed sunflower oil and fill the rest of the bottle with lamp oil.
- Leave to sit for 10 days at room temperature, but make sure you stir the bottle 3-4 times per day during this time.
- Slip the content and use this remedy to massage the painful areas caused by rheumatic fever.
Be consistent and the results will soon show.
3. Beehive Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
Here are some helpful natural remedies for rheumatic fever that use the best ingredients from nature’s pantry: beehive products. That is raw honey and propolis extract.
- Before the 3 main meals of the day drink a cup of water in which you add 3 tsp. of apple cider and a bit of natural raw honey for a sweeter taste. Drink it sip by sip over 15 minutes and then you’re ready to eat.
- After the 3 main meals of the day have a mix of 30 drops of propolis tincture and 40 drops of water at room temperature.
- At nighttime, friction the sore articulations, your back and neck with a simple black bryony salve mixed with propolis tincture, and then another cream based on soft propolis extract that you can find available. You will experience almost instant pain relief.
Read Also: 9 Natural Treatments for Rheumatism
4. Black Bryony Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
Speaking of black bryony (Dioscorea communis), one of the simplest and most effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever is the following.
- Grate the root of the plant on a fine grater and put it in a 1-liter plastic bottle.
- Pour rubbing alcohol over the plant until you fill-up the bottle.
- Leave it to sit for 10-15 days, shaking it several times a day.
- Use this remedy to pad the painful areas 2-3 times a day.
You can even use it in a poultice that you can apply on over the day if this is easier for you.
5. Heal Rheumatic Fever with Burdock Root
Massage your painful joints every night with burdock tincture that you can make at home, following this recipe. Burdock root is one of the most effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Here is how to use it.
- Add 20 g of burdock root in a small jar with a tight lid.
- Pour 100 ml of 70° ethyl alcohol over the roots and shake daily.
After 8 to 10 days strain and the burdock tincture is ready for use. Prepare a larger tincture quantity at once, by using 50-100 gr of burdock root in 250-500 ml of alcohol. The first results will show after just a week, but you have to be consistent. Burdock is an amazing herb, we wrote an extensive article about it, its uses, benefits, and natural remedies. If you want to learn more about the king of roots, you can read the article here.
Herbs and bee products have been used for ages as natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Today most people have lost touch with nature’s healing pharmacy and believe home remedies don’t work. We believe the times will come when we all turn our look to home remedies and understand the precious use of herbs to heal our ailments.
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatments for Rheumatic Pain
We hope the natural remedies for rheumatic fever here will be of great use to you and help you recover quickly, but most importantly, completely. Stay healthy, naturally!