If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Rheumatic fever is a form of rheumatism that affects the joints mostly, at times causing atrocious pains in the patients. Herbs and bee products have been used for ages as natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Today most people have lost touch with nature’s healing pharmacy and believe home remedies don’t work. We believe the times will come when we all turn our look to home remedies and understand the precious use of herbs to heal our ailments. Here are some natural remedies for rheumatic fever that may calm down the symptoms and help out!
In This Article You Will Find:
5 Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
1. Weeping Fig Leaves Remedy for Rheumatic Fever
For this remedy, you will need 750 ml of refined 90° ethyl alcohol and weeping fig leaves (Ficus benjamina). Immediately after you pull off the leaves from the branch pass them through the grinder twice until they are fine. It’s really important that after you grind the fig leaves you thoroughly wash the grinding machine with running water for 15 minutes and that you also wash your hands well with a natural soap.
- Put the leaves in a 1-liter amber glass bottle so that you fill the bottle all the way up, and pour the alcohol over.
- Seal the bottle and leave to macerate for the following 14 days.
- Strain the tincture and the remedy is ready to use
Pad (don’t rub) the areas that hurt with the weeping fig leaves tincture. In addition, take willow bark baths as often as possible. The best time to collect the bark is when the willow turns green, in early springtime. Sleeping on a mat filled with dried willow bark will help even more with rheumatic fever pains. The reason is that willow bark contains natural salicylic acid, the precursor of aspirin. Willow bark is actually nature’s aspirin, which is why alongside weeping fig extract, is one of the best natural remedies for rheumatic fever.
2. Horseradish Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
Horseradish is one of the top natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Here is how to use it effectively. Pour the following ingredients into a 1.5-liter bottle:
- 1 and ½ cup of grated horseradish
- 1 cup of cold-pressed sunflower oil
- fill the rest of the bottle with lamp oil
Seal and leave to sit for 10 days at room temperature, and stir the contents 3-4 times per day during this time. Strain the content and use this remedy to massage the sore areas affected by rheumatic fever. Be consistent and the results will soon show.
3. Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever with Propolis
Here are some helpful natural remedies for rheumatic fever that use the best ingredients from nature’s pantry: raw honey and propolis extract.
- Before the 3 main meals of the day drink a cup of water in which you add 3 tsp of apple cider and a bit of natural raw honey for a sweeter taste. Drink it sip by sip over the course of 15 minutes and then you can have your meal.
- In the evening, after dinner, have a mix of 30 drops of propolis tincture and 40 drops of water at room temperature.
- At nighttime, friction the sore areas, the back and neck with a simple black bryony salve mixed with propolis tincture, and then another cream that has soft propolis extract in it that you can find available. You will experience almost instant pain relief.
Read Also: 9 Natural Treatments for Rheumatism
4. Black Bryony Natural Remedies for Rheumatic Fever
Speaking of black bryony (Dioscorea/Tamus communis), one of the simplest and most effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever is the following. Grate the root of the plant on a fine grater and put it in a 1-liter plastic bottle. Pour rubbing alcohol over the plant until you fill up the bottle. Leave it to sit for 10-15 days, shaking it several times a day. Use this remedy to pad the painful areas 2-3 times a day. You can even use it in a poultice that you can apply over the day if this is easier for you.
5. Heal Rheumatic Fever with Burdock Root
Burdock root is one of the most effective natural remedies for rheumatic fever. Here is how to use it. Massage your painful joints every night with burdock tincture that you can make at home, following this recipe.
- Put 100 g of burdock root into a small jar with a tight lid.
- Pour 500 ml of 70° ethyl alcohol over the roots, seal, and shake daily.
After 8 to 10 days strain and the burdock tincture is ready for use. The results will show in just a week, but you have to be consistent. Burdock is an amazing herb, that I wrote an extensive article about, its uses, benefits, and natural remedies with it. If you want to learn more about the king of roots, you can read the article here.
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatments for Rheumatic Pain
We hope the natural remedies for rheumatic fever here will be of great use to you and help you recover quickly, but most importantly, completely. Stay healthy, naturally!