If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for joint pain, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Joint pain is one of the most dreadful symptoms caused by rheumatism and since it is so annoying and bothering, you might what to see what you can do about it from a natural point of view. Phytotherapy has some pretty amazing natural treatments for joint pain hidden in its sleeves, but today we wish to share them all with you guys. Let’s start.
6 Natural Treatments for Joint Pain
1. Healing Natural Salve for Joint Pain
A simple and useful home remedy for joint pain is a simple ointment that you can prepare yourself. Actually, this is one of the most amazing external natural treatments for joint pain. Here is you can make it.
- You’ll need 50 ml of cabbage juice, 200 gr of unsalted pork lard (or lanolin), one teaspoon of beeswax, 10 ml of corn germ or palm oil, 10-15 ml of tincture of arnica, and one teaspoon of honey.
- Put the pork lard and bee wax in an enameled pot over low heat to meltdown, then add the oil and mix them together.
- Heat the mixture until it reaches 60°C.
- Pour the cabbage juice in a different pot and heat it up to 60°C and then add the honey and the alcohol (or the arnica tincture).
- Mix everything well together.
- Pour the pork lard & bee wax mix into the cabbage juice, honey, and alcohol pot and mix them together until the composition cools down.
- Store the ointment into small jars; the product’s shelf life is 2-3 months.
- Anoint the sore areas with great care and patience and rap a clean gauze around the anoint locations.
You’ll feel the beneficial effect about two hours after use. If you have severe pain you could rub the sore areas 2-3 times per day. This is one of the most amazing natural treatments for joint pain.
2. Fenugreek Natural Treatment for Joint Pain
If used externally, fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory and analgesic action. Boil 50 gr of fenugreek seeds into 250 ml of water for 5 minutes. Spread the fenugreek seed porridge on a piece of linen. Apply the poultice while hot or cold, it’s up to you to decide. Attention! If your skin gets irritated or itchy, remove the poultice immediately. Fenugreek seeds are amongst the best natural treatments for joint pain.
3. Frankincense Poultice for Joint Pain
Mix 2 high-quality powder frankincense packets with 50 g of apple vinegar. Soak one piece of woolen fabric into the liquid mix and apply it in the evening, 3 nights in a row. You’ll need 6 packets and 150 ml of apple vinegar for the complete 3 treatments. Clay poultice is also amazing. Use high-quality clay for some simple poultices and apply them to the sore joint areas. Cabbage leaves also work great for joints aches. Use crushed cabbage leaves for natural poultices and apply them where needed. Frankincense is an amazing natural medicine, and one of the best natural treatments for joint pain.
4. Cottage Cheese Remedy for Joint Pain
Cottage cheese deflates the swollen joints, ameliorates the pain, and stops the inflammation in joints. This is how to use it. Spread on a thin cotton towel 1/2 cm thick layer of cottage cheese and cover it with another towel. Heat up the poultice at room temperature (you can heat it in sunlight) and apply it to the painful joint. Tie a thick towel around it and keep it in place until the cottage dries.
5. Grapes Cure for Joint Pain
If you wish to work a bit on your lifestyle and take greater care about what you eat, you should because it definitely has to do with eating. If you wish to go this path, then you need to go on the two weeks cure. For two weeks you should drink instead of water at least 1,5 l of unfermented grapes stum. You can make your own grapes stum by juicing grapes. Make your grapes stum fresh every day. Very Important! You need to quit eating animal-based foods and products and also bread and bakery products. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for joint pain.
6. Heather Tea Natural Anti-inflammatory Remedy for Joint Pain
Among the natural treatments for joint pain, we have one that is said to land a helping hand indeed. Heather decoction (Calluna vulgaris) is a simple and natural way to stop rheumatic pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Add 15-20 grams of dried and minced heather into a cup of 500 ml hot water and boil for 15 minutes on low heat. Let it cool down, strain it, and drink one cup per day.
You can also prepare a simple infusion using the heather plant.
Pour 300 ml of boiling water over one full tablespoon of dried heather (make sure it has flowers too). Let it stay for 20 minutes with a lid on, slip, and drink it throughout one day. Other amazing teas for joint pain are lavender, mint, thyme, jasmine, butterbur, lemon balm, and shepherd’s-purse.
Read Also: 14 Natural Painkillers for All Pain DIY
These have been only a few natural treatments for joint pain caused by rheumatism. Try one of the home remedies above and tell us which has worked for you and how you did it. Stay healthy, naturally!