If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for anxiety, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Many people suffer from anxiety these days, which is constantly worrying about an event that may or may not happen. Anxiety can be triggered by past events that we generalize about and fear that we will constantly experience in the future. It is a lowering of vibration that is born out of fear, caused by our mindset, with the contribution of an unhealthy diet, synthetic drugs, and other poor lifestyle choices. Here are a few natural remedies for anxiety that you can safely use at home, to up your vibration and help you change your state of mind from fear to love.
5 Natural Remedies for Anxiety with Herbs
1. Thyme Baths Remedy for Anxiety
Thyme baths are some of the best natural remedies for anxiety, with long-term effects. Here is how you can prepare a thyme bath.
- Add 150 g of thyme into 6 liters of cold water and leave to macerate for 12 hours.
- Strain the maceration, warm it up and pour it into your bathwater (37°C).
- Bathe for 20 minutes and make sure the water reaches your heart line.
- Have a thyme bath for 15 days in a row.
2. Hawthorn Tincture for Anxiety
The hawthorn flower tincture is also very effective for anxiety. Usually, having 20 drops of hawthorn tincture in the morning and evening can have beneficial effects. In addition to the hawthorn flowers tincture, drink 2 cups of the following herbal tea throughout the day to lower anxiety symptoms, and induce calm.
- 4 tbsp lemon balm
- 3 tbsp lavender
- 2 tbsp poppy flower petals
- 2 tbsp yarrow flowers
These herbs are some of the best natural remedies for anxiety.
3. Valerian Root, A Natural Remedy for Anxiety
Known for its amazing sleep-inducing qualities, valerian root tea can calm you down in an instance, invite sleep, and help you relax. This is why valerian root is amongst the most amazing natural remedies for anxiety. Here is how to make it at home. Combine the following herbs:
- 30 g valerian root
- 30 g lemon balm leaves
- 30 g of rosemary leaves
- 60 g of St. John’s wort flowers
Steep 3 tsp of this herbal mix into 500 ml (2 cups) of hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and drink 1-2 cups of warm tea in the evening. Drink the tea slowly, enjoying every sip, while clearing your mind at the same time.
4. Powerful Herbal Remedy for Anxiety
The following herbal blend is one of the best natural remedies for anxiety that one can use. Here is how to make it at home. Combine together:
- 25 g wormwood
- 25 g motherwort
- 10 g leopard’s bane flowers (Arnica montana)
- 20 g woodruff
- 20 g common hawthorn flowers and leaves
Make an infusion by steeping 2 tsp of the herbs in 1 cup of boiling water. Drink 1 cup of this tea during the day and another one right before bedtime (2 cups a day in total). This herbal blend is one of the best natural remedies for anxiety, with amazing detox and cleansing properties at the same time.
5. Complete Natural Remedies for Anxiety
- Early in the morning, drink fresh carrot juice. Start with 50 g of juice a day and go up gradually, until you drink 200 g of carrot juice/day. Drink the juice sip by sip and always drink it fresh (right after making). In addition, have as much fresh orange juice and grapefruit juice a day as possible, as these citrus fruits are loaded with precious vitamins and minerals.
- Throughout the day drink lots of linden tea. Linden tea helps you relax and tastes amazing.
- At 17:00 in the afternoon have a walnut shell tea. Make the tea by simmering 7-8 walnut shells in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes, steep, and sweeten with honey if you wish.
- Before bedtime, take a natural calcium, and vitamin D2 supplement, and 25 drops of valerian tincture. Valerian tincture balances the thyroid functions and reduces adrenaline. This is one of the best natural remedies for anxiety.
Everybody’s got their ups and downs in this life and it’s up to you to find the solution to yours. Complete this natural treatment with the recommendations below.
Breathing Exercise for Anxiety
Inhale deeply, gradually, until your rib cage bulges out to the maximum. Then move the inhaled air down into your abdominal area, to fill up the lower part of your lungs. When you’ve reached the maximum inflation, exhale quickly. Do this breathing exercise daily for a few minutes. Usually after 10 deep inhales the anxiety dissipates and you’ll be able to control your emotions and reactions once again. Deep breathing is healing for stress and anxiety.
Read Also: 3 Natural Remedies for Anxiety Neurosis
Simple Tips to Beat Anxiety
Although it may not take heal anxiety altogether, reflexology (massage to the soles of the feet) has proven to be quite effective in reducing anxiety symptoms by 90%, which is a lot. Usually, 15 sessions of reflexology can do the trick. Here are other simple recommendations that can help you out.
- Sesame seeds are amazing for anxiety as well as St. John’s wort capsules (3/day).
- In the evening, drink herbal tea with linden, peppermint, and St. John’s wort sweetened with natural honey.
- Use your free time to enjoy walks in nature with friends. In case you do a lot of effort, have enough fresh fruit to energize and carb you up.
- Use positive autosuggestion formulas and repeat them in your mind 2-3 times per day (eg “Every day that goes by, I feel better and better.”).
- Check with an endocrinologist, as anxiety can be triggered by thyroid gland dysfunction, caused by increased body toxicity and pathogens targeting the thyroid gland.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, drinking coffee, and eating chocolate, meat, dairy, eggs, sodas, and junk food.
- Avoid watching horror movies, and news about crimes, robberies, and rapes, and don’t go to bed later than 22:00 PM.
- Avoid taking synthetic medical drugs other than what your doctor prescribed and don’t take sleeping pills (there are natural sleeping pills that you can try, read here).
Read Also: 5 Best Natural Supplements for Stress & Anxiety
Use these natural remedies for anxiety wisely, love yourself deeply, and believe that you deserve a more comforting and pleasing state of being. Your lesson is to put your fears behind you and create a loving and peaceful state of mind. Remember that you are loved, appreciated, and worthy, otherwise, you wouldn’t exist at all. Remember that circumstances don’t matter, only state of being matters, it materializes. The outside world is a reflection of your state of being, not the other way around. What you put into your body, will show on the outside. Take care of and stay healthy, naturally!
How did Andreea self teach herself to be a naturopath?
Hello Kathy! I have read and researched a lot on herbs, how people used to use them to treat disease and I am passionate about healing with all that nature has to offer. I am not a certified naturopath, but the information that I share on this website is from herbal doctors or from people who have healed with these natural cures. Much health to you!?