Cystic acne is a case of severe inflammatory acne that affects the deeper skin tissue.
It is manifested through various size cysts or boils. Although some recommend the removal of the cyst by surgery, there are a few natural treatments for cystic acne that you can try firsthand.
Here they are.
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Natural Treatments for Cystic Acne
1. Herbal Treatment for Cystic Acne
Make the following herbal mix with equal parts of:
- Black elder (Sambucus nigra), rose hip (Rosa canina), cranberry (Vaccinium vitis), lemon balm (Melisa Officinalis), nettle (Urtica doica) and raspberry (Rubud idaeus).
- Add 1 tbsp of this herb mix into 400 ml of water.
- Let the tea infuse and drink it at breakfast or throughout the day.
- Add lemon juice to it.
- You can sweeten with honey if you wish, but it’s not necessary.
Drink the tea freshly brewed for best results. If you don’t drink the tea in 24 h after you’ve made it, throw it away because it is contraindicated.
Besides the daily dosage of tea, take care of you diet. Read the recommendations below.
2. Poultices and Balm Remedies for Cystic Acne
Wash your face with water and then let it dry completely.
- Apply marigold tincture (Flores calendulae) on the affected areas.
In addition, greater burdock root (Radix bardanae) infusion poultice is amazing remedy for cystic acne. You can use it alternatively with the marigold tincture for best results. Besides greater burdock root poultices, chicory (Cichorium endivia), birthwort or common comfrey poultices are also great in treating cystic acne.
3. Natural Treatment for Cystic Acne with Sulfur
- When washing your face early in the morning, use a natural sulfur soap and wormwood tea (Artemisia Absinthium).
- In the evening you can make compresses with the wormwood leaves you used for the tea.
The sulfur soap together with the wormwood tea heals the scars and changes the skin PH. In this sense, you can also use corn and wheat bran scalded with a bit of water.
Diet Recommendations for Cystic Acne
- Avoid all food chemicals: preservatives, colorants, flavors.
- Exclude from your processed sugar, diet sodas, meat and deli, fast foods, fried foods, Coca-Cola and chocolate.
Although following a diet can discourage many people, you need to understand that it is for a short period of time to allow your skin to heal back. A complete juice detox diet, with leafy greens and fruits, as well as fruit smoothies are also amazing at cleansing the skin.
We hope these natural treatments for cystic acne will help you heal completely. Stay healthy, naturally!