Pyoderma vegetans (PV) is a rare condition caused by skin inflammation. Large verrucous plaques and multiple pustules are the results of pyoderma vegetans but proper diagnosis needs to be done by a specialist. The causes of pyoderma vegetans are yet to be discovered, but doctors have found a link between this rare skin rash and autoimmune diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and arthritis. This means that it may be triggered by a viral or bacterial load in the body, in association with a poor diet, stress, and other unhealthy lifestyle choices.
If they believe that you want to try some simple natural alternatives alongside medication, here are some efficient natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans that you can choose from.
6 Natural Remedies for Pyoderma Vegetans
1. Coltsfoot Remedy for Pyoderma Vegetans
Add 2 tablespoons of coltsfoot leaves into ¼ L of water and scald them. Let the infusion cool down and then slip the content. Place the coltsfoot leaves onto a cotton gauze and apply the compress on the affected areas. Cover the compress with a plastic bag and then with a thick towel or a blanket. Leave the coltsfoot compress on for 20-30 minutes. Or you can try these two poultices below.
- Crushed cabbage leaves compress are also useful with pyoderma vegetans. Make 3-4 compresses per day.
- Swedish bitter compress is another efficient alternative. Anoint the area with marigold salve and then place the bitter compress (by soaking bitter onto a cotton-wool). Use calendula salve after you take the compress off as well.
These poultices are effective natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans. Whichever you choose is up to you. Nettle and horsetail tea needs to be drunk along with the compresses. Boil 1 teaspoon of nettle and another one of horsetail into 500 ml of water. Leave the pot covered for 10-15 minutes and drink 1 cup three times per day, sip by sip.
You Can Find The Herbs Here
2. Horsetail Bath and Cabbage & Marigold Ointment
Another simple yet efficient natural cure for pyoderma vegetans is the one that uses horsetail baths and a natural herbal salve. Here is how you can make these natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans at home.
- Wash the sick area with water at a tolerable temperature, then take a horsetail bath.
- Then anoint the areas with a simple calendula salve, following this recipe
Pyoderma Vegetans Salve
- Melt 200 g of mutton tallow and strain well.
- Add 250 g of raw cabbage and 2 handfuls of calendula flowers in the pot along with the tallow and place it over the fire.
- Then add 200 g of Burow’s solution.
- After the salve has boiled for a few minutes, take it off the fire and leave it covered until the next day.
- The next day, reheat the salve, and strain it well by putting some pressure to get everything out.
- Store the salve in a glass jar.
How to Use
After each horsetail evening bath, gently rub the calendula salve into the skin. Then bandage the area to prevent microbes from getting in. The treatment needs to be followed for 21 days, every evening. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans that we recommend to you.
3. Artichoke, a Simple Remedy for Pyoderma
Boil 300 ml of water, take off the fire, and add 1 tablespoon of artichoke. Infuse for 5-7 minutes, then split the tea into three parts. Have the three portions 20-30 minutes before the main meals of the day. Do this simple remedy for 30 days and then pause for 30 days. Resume for another 30 days. Artichoke is a powerful liver cleanser, and one of the best natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans.
4. A Herbal Remedy for Pyoderma Vegetans
The best natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans are warm herbal baths. Boil 1-2 L of water and add 2-3 full tablespoons of birthwort (Aristolochia clematitis). Boil on low heat with a lid on for 5 minutes, then stop the fire. Add 5-6 tablespoons of a mix made of horsetail, yarrow, calendula, wormwood, and celandine. Infuse for another 10-15 minutes, then slip.
Use this warm tea to take 20-30 minutes long bath to wash the affected areas. You may also add 1-2 teaspoons of propolis tincture to the tea. Use the same tea to make compresses and place them on the skin lesions. Place a layer of nylon over the slightly wrung compress and then a dry bandage.
You Can Find The Herbs Here
5. Clay Poultice Remedy for Pyoderma Vegetans
Use natural clay and the tea as prepared above to make a soft mixture. Spread the mixture on a piece of gauze and place it on the affected areas. Keep the clay compress on the blisters overnight and then throw it away. During the day, keep the compress for as much as 3-4 hours.
After you take the compress off, make sure you wash the skin thoroughly. In the first few days of usage, the clay compress absorbs the infection in-depth, and even if it seems the skin looks worse, continue the treatment. Using clay internally as well is even better because clay has a tremendous detox effect on the body. This is amongst the most powerful natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans.
6. Garlic Balm for Pyoderma Vegetans
Crush a large garlic clove, add 1 tablespoon of natural vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of honey. Mix with a wooden spoon until the composition becomes homogeneous. Rub it into the blisters and pustules. Garlic has powerful antibiotic effects, which makes this balm one of the most effective natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans used topically.
Best Diet for Pyoderma Vegetans
All these natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans can work for you too if you adjust your eating and lifestyle habits to support your healing. Here is what you can do diet-wise.
- Have as many fresh fruits and raw salads as possible, a lot of greens, and lemon juice.
- Eat fish or poultry and beef only on few occasions. Have only boiled meat and don’t eat more than 300 to 400 g of meat a week.
- Have fresh wheat bran daily by adding 2 tablespoons of bran in soups, teas, salads, etc.
- Give up on alcohol, coffee (and caffeinated drinks), smoking, and sodas such as Coca-Cola, Fanta, etc.
- Exclude from your diet deep-fried foods, roux, sweets (that have preservatives and toxic chemical food coloring in them).
Read Also: Natural Remedy for Pyoderma
We really hope that one of these natural remedies for pyoderma vegetans along with a proper diet will heal you inside out for good. Always keep a positive mind. Stay healthy, naturally!