This is a complete home remedy for ulcerative colitis that you can try and enjoy your health back. The remedy is composed of three steps that you can follow at the same time. Let’s get into the remedy.
Home Remedy for Ulcerative Colitis
The home remedy for ulcerative colitis is composed of three elements, two herbal teas, and a compress. Here is what you have to do.
- Drink 500 ml of calendula tea in between meals followed by a plantain leaf tea for a 10 days cure. Use 2 tsp. of plant for this quantity of water. Marigold has healing properties in case of ulcerative colitis, while plantain leaf helps to restore the digestive mucosa. If you also experience pain and bloating you can add 1 tsp of fennel or caraway to your tea.
- First thing in the morning, drink a simple common centaury tea made by infusing 1 tsp of plant per 300 ml of water. Common centaury helps the evacuation of the gallbladder. Follow this tea cure for 2 weeks with 10 days pause afterward.
- Apply a Swedish bitter compress to your abdominal area in the evening. Sprinkle the compress with a solution made of half water half bitter. Apply the compress to the entire abdominal area.
Diet Recommendations for Ulcerative Colitis
As for your diet, there are a few things you need to take care of. Here is what you can and can’t eat so that the remedy above will work for you.
- Have as many boiled foods as possible, veggie soups, peel baked potatoes, compotes with less sugar, cottage cheese, and whole bread slightly toasted.
- You can eat beef, chicken, or fish three times per week, but eat plant-based predominantly. This will help your colon change the putrefaction flora with fermented flora.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, fermented drinks, chocolate, cocoa, preservatives, food colorants, and any type of deli meats.
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatments for Colitis
The stomach mucous walls usually recover in 7 weeks after this treatment, but you must stick to these healthy eating habits. We really hope that the home remedy for ulcerative colitis here will help you out. Stay healthy, naturally!