Colitis is one of the most painful yet embarrassing condition that one can suffer from and there is no drug that can cure it for good, so you may wonder what plants and natural remedies can do about it. Well, that is why this natural treatment for colitis will give you a real helping hand and help you heal from colitis.
In This Article You Will Find:
5 Natural Treatments for Colitis
1. Pumpkin, a Natural Treatment for Colitis
The pumpkin oil is the best treatment for colitis and simple as well. Eat a salad composed of two small raw carrots mixed with two tablespoons of pumpkin seed oil and juice from one lemon before every meal of the day. Simple as pie.
Try to eat the salad for two weeks in a row, during which time you shall not eat any kind of meat or meat products of any kind. This works also as a detox cure, while the pumpkin seed oil is a great adjutant in this cure that will reinforce your immune system and help you overcome colitis.
Go for greens and fruits, eat raw foods and drink plenty of water and teas. The lower the protein share, the great effect the pumpkin oil will have over your body and soon you’ll get the vitality and appetite for life back on tracks.
2. Remedy for Colitis with Flax Seeds
- Ground 1 tbsp. of flax seeds until you get a powder.
- Add the powder into a cup of how water and drink right away.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day for the following 2 weeks.
Another great natural treatment for colitis with flax seeds is this one.
- Boil 2 tbsp. of flax seeds in 250 ml of water for 10-12 minutes.
- Make sure you add water so that after the 10-12 minutes you have the exact same quantity of water in the pot.
- Drink the water derived from boiling the flax seeds in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Have breakfast an hour later.
It is recommended that you follow both these remedies based on flax seeds at the same time.
Read More: 3 Natural Remedies for Ulcerative Proctitis
3. Fresh Yeast, a Natural Treatment for Colitis
A great natural way to restore the intestinal flora is by eating fresh beer yeast. This is a long time cure; about 2-4 months.
- Have every morning a small piece of yeast before breakfast.
- Keep the yeast in your mouth and let it melt away, then swallow.
Stay consistent! In addition, have plenty of chamomile tea.
- Make a simple tea infusion with 2 tsp. of chamomile per 250 ml of hot water.
- Let the plant infuse for 10 minutes and then you’re ready to drink the tea.
- Have 2 cups of this tea daily.
4. Whey Cure Remedy for Chronic Colitis
Heat up 200 ml of whey until it reaches 45° temperature and then pour it in a bowl. Aside, mix together 40 gr of flax seeds, 30 gr common comfrey root, 30 gr silverweed cinquefoil and 20 gr plantago leaves. Add 1 full tbsp. of the plants mix into the whey and using a wooden spoon, mix continuously for the next 8-10 minutes. You can also use a blender. Drink 2-3 cups of this whey drink daily.
5. Chronic Colitis Remedy with Pollen
Have 3 tsp. of pollen in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast. Pollen is known to cure the most dreadful bowel diseases. Once your intestine tract regulates, you can decrease the number of tsp. from 3 to 1. Honey is also amazing with chronic colitis. Two hours after each meal have 2 tsp. of natural honey. Some doctors may tell you that honey causes diarrhea, but this is false.
Follow a proper colitis diet based on lots of boiled stuff and soups (onion soup is highly recommended). This is indeed a delicious natural treatment for colitis that will also help you recharge your batteries and detox the entire mind and body. Stay healthy, naturally!