If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
When confronted with ulcerative proctitis with hemorrhagic, the best thing to do is to consult a specialist.
Here are a few natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis that can come to help you with this condition, but this doesn’t exempt you from going to a specialist and taking care of your condition. In general, the natural treatment for hemorrhagic proctitis is a long-term one, so the first remission signs will be visible after 3 weeks at least. Here is what you can do.
3 Natural Remedies for Ulcerative Proctitis
1. Birthwort and Horsetail, the Remedy for Ulcerative Proctitis
Birthwort and horsetail are two most amazing natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis. Birthwort is cicatrizing and horsetail is antihemorrhagic. Here is how you can use them as home.
- Add 1 tbsp. of minced birthwort and another one of horsetail in ½ l of water.
- Bring to a simmer and then take the pot off the fire.
- Put a lid on until and leave to cool off, until the tea reaches body temperature.
How to Use
- Pour 100-150 ml of this tea a rubber tube or an irrigator to make enemas, in the evening.
- Keep the tea inside for 10-20 minutes in a sitting position (so that the tea stays as much as possible in the affected area).
- After 10 minutes (at the beginning) and 15-20 minutes (after a week) eliminate the tea at the toilet.
- Add another 500 ml of water to the remaining tea, bring to a boil and slip into a basin.
- Take 20 minutes sitz bath with this tea.
- After the bath, go directly to bed.
- The next morning, after the first bowel movement, use a propolis suppository.
- Slide the suppository back and forth until it starts to melt and then push it into the rectal ampulla.
- Don’t wipe your behind.
NOTE: In the first week of treatment it’s best to use only 1 tsp. of each of the plants.
2 Home Remedy for Ulcerative Proctitis with Chitosan
Chitosan is an all-natural Chinese medicine based on chromium and amongst the best natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis with hemorrhage. It’s made from natural marine red crab shells, this medicine has no contraindications.
- Take two pills per day around 5-7 in the morning on an empty stomach.
The easiest way is to dissolve the capsules in ½ cups of warm water beforehand. In addition, licorice tea is amazing.
3. Herbal Tea Remedies for Ulcerative Proctitis
The 3 teas below are some of the most effective natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis. Here is how you can make them.
1. Marigold Tea
Drink marigold tea on an empty stomach by scalding with 1 tbsp. of the plant in 300 ml of water. Slip the tea quantity in two parts and drink it 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner, sip by sip, so that it easily passes the affected areas and strengthens the surface of the mucosa.
2. Licorice Tea for Proctitis
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Colitis
3. Calamus Rhizomes
You Can Find the Herbs Here:
Diet Recommendations for Ulcerative Proctitis
The lifestyle and daily diet are tremendously important when talking about a condition such as this.
The diet accounts for 75% of the success rate of any natural remedy, but the best part is that you don’t need to follow it forever, but only until the digestion process regulates.
This is why we have a hew diet recommendations that you can also apply along a remedy from above.
- Foods to Eat: Vegetable soups, boiled and finely chopped chicken and fish while boiled or baked beetroot salads are the most amazing foods. Linden, mint, caraway, lemon balm, or fennel teas are also recommended.
- Foods to Avoid: Avoid alcohol, coffee, pickles, and sodas until complete healing.
We truly hope that these natural remedies for ulcerative proctitis will help you out. Stay healthy, naturally!