If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for pancreatitis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas. Although most cases of pancreatitis are mild forms of the disease, there are many situations in which the disease can threaten the patient’s life. Like most diseases, pancreatitis can exist in acute and chronic forms. The main symptom of pancreatitis is strong abdominal pain, which may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cold sweat, fever, and rapid heartbeat.
When suffering from pancreatitis, a strict diet and consulting a doctor is the first thing to do. If you want a less-intrusive approach to these conditions, here we have a few natural remedies for pancreatitis that you can use.
2 Natural Remedies for Pancreatitis
1. Anise, a Natural Remedy for Pancreatitis
Anise is a very powerful stimulant of the pancreatic functions and you can use it as infusion. This is amongst the most powerful natural remedies for pancreatitis.
- Add 1 tsp. of minced anise seed per 300 ml of hot water.
- After 20 minutes, slip and drink it in three rounds, before the main meals.
Associate this remedy with royal jelly capsules (3 times per day) as well as warm paraffin compresses on the stomach.
2. Calamus Tea Treatment for Pancreatitis
Calamus rhizome is another one of the most effective natural remedies for pancreatitis. Here is how you can use it. Add 1 tsp. of calamus root per 200 ml of cold water and leave to macerate overnight. Next day, slip and drink only 1 tbsp., 5-10 minutes before the main meals. In addition, drink daily yarrow and Iceland moss teas (Cetraria islandica). Combine the two herbs and add 4-5 tsp. into 1 L of water.
Globe artichoke, wolf’s-foot club moss, small nettle, and common dandelion teas are also highly recommended natural remedies for pancreatitis. You can find these herbs below.
Other Natural Remedies for Pancreatitis
- Honey and Vinegar Remedy. Mix equal parts of apple vinegar and honey and take 2 tbsp. 3-4 times per day with 2/3 glass of water. After a month or so you’ll begin to see the powerful effects of these two ingredients.
- Red Clay Cure. Natural red clay is especially useful in pancreatitis, coupled with a proper diet.
- Reflexology for Pancreatitis. One month of reflexology could be the answer to your pancreatitis if you give it a try.
In case you suffer from pancreatitis, it is known that besides a good natural remedy, you’ll need to follow a strict diet that will contribute to the complete healing of your system. Here are a few diet recommendations for pancreatitis for those who want to solve their situation for good.
The Best Diet for Pancreatitis
Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, celery, parsley, green beans, pumpkin, spinach, cabbage. Follow a proper grapes cure where you can have as many grapes as you can on a daily basis. Eat small portions and keep your food as raw as possible. Lay down on the bed after each meal and place a warm water compress on your stomach. Don’t haste when you are eating and enjoy your meals in a peaceful environment.
Foods to Avoid
- fats, fried foods, pork, and animal organs, and most importantly alcohol (read our article on natural remedies for alcohol addiction)
- sugar and sugary foods, apple vinegar, margarine, and other sources of saturated fats
Also, take some walks in the nature, go to massages and keep a positive state of mind. In the end, we are what we think we are. So, vision yourself as a healthy person who loves life and all the little miracles is come with.
We sure hope that these natural remedies for pancreatitis will really help anybody looking for a simpler way of dealing with this health issue. Along with these diet recommendations, a few remedies, and faith, you can be healed, no doubt! Stay healthy, naturally!