If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for pancreatitis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas. Although most cases of pancreatitis are mild, there are many situations in which the disease can become life-threatening. Like most diseases, pancreatitis can be acute or chronic. The main symptom of pancreatitis is a strong abdominal pain, which may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cold sweat, fever, and rapid heartbeat.
When suffering from pancreatitis, a strict diet and consulting a doctor is the first thing to do. If you want a less-intrusive approach to this condition, here we have a few natural remedies for pancreatitis that you can use.
In This Article You Will Find:
2 Natural Remedies for Pancreatitis
1. Natural Remedy for Pancreatitis with Anise
Anise is a very powerful stimulant of pancreatic functions and can be used as an infusion. This is amongst the most powerful natural remedies for pancreatitis, and here is how to make it at home. Steep 1 tsp of minced anise seed in 300 ml of hot water. After 20 minutes, strain, split into three portions, and drink the tea before the three main meals. For even better results, supplement with royal jelly capsules (3 times a day), and apply warm paraffin oil poultices on the stomach area.
2. Calamus Tea Remedy for Pancreatitis
Calamus rhizome tea is another one of the most effective natural remedies for pancreatitis. Here is how you can use it. Add 1/2 tsp of calamus root into 100 ml of cold water and leave to macerate overnight. Next day, strain the maceration and drink 1 tbsp, 5-10 minutes before the main meals. In addition, drink yarrow and Iceland moss teas (Cetraria islandica) daily. Combine the two herbs and steep 4-5 tsp into 1 liter of hot water. Strain and drink the entire quantity throughout the day. Other highly recommended medicinal teas for pancreatitis are:
- globe artichoke (Cynara scolymus)
- club moss (Lycopodium clavatum)
- small nettle (Urtica urens)
- dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)
Other Natural Remedies for Pancreatitis
- Honey and Vinegar Remedy. Combine equal parts of apple vinegar and honey and have 2 tbsp 3-4 times per day with 2/3 cup of water. After a month or so you’ll begin to see the powerful effects of these two ingredients.
- Red Clay Cure. Natural red clay is especially useful in pancreatitis, alongside a proper diet.
- Reflexology for pancreatitis. One month of reflexology could be the answer to your pancreatitis if you give it a try.
The Best Diet for Pancreatitis
When suffering from pancreatitis, besides a good natural remedy, you’ll need to follow a strict diet that will contribute to the complete healing of your body. Here are a few important dietary recommendations for pancreatitis. Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, celery, parsley, green beans, pumpkin, spinach, cabbage, and fruit. Eat as many fresh grapes a day as you can, especially red or black grapes (avoid GMO seedless grapes). Have small food portions and eat as much raw plant food as possible. Lay down on the bed after each meal and place a warm water poultice on your stomach area. Don’t eat in a rush, but enjoy your meals in a peaceful environment.
Foods to Avoid
- fats, fried foods, pork, organs, and most important alcohol (read our article on natural remedies for alcohol addiction).
- sugar and sugary foods, margarine, and other sources of saturated fats.
In addition, enjoy long walks in nature, get regular body massages or energy therapies like Reiki, and keep a positive state of mind. In the end, we are what we think we become. Visualize yourself as a healthy person who loves life and all the little miracles that come with it.
We sure hope that these natural remedies for pancreatitis will really help those who are looking for a simple way of dealing with this health issue. Along with these remedies, diet recommendations, and faith, you can be healed, no doubt! Stay healthy, naturally!