If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Hypertrophic rhinitis is long-term untreated rhinitis that turned chronic, and it is permanent thickening or swelling of the mucous membrane. More so, chronic hypertrophic rhinitis means first and foremost nasal obstruction, ie a stuffy nose, and is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa that is going on for more than 3 months. But before we go into the home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis, let’s see the common symptoms.
Hypertrophic Rhinitis Symptoms
The feeling of having a stuffy nose, that you can no longer breathe properly, and that you have to open your mouth.
- Headaches. Morning headaches are a common symptom of hypertrophic rhinitis, especially those that persist during the day.
- Memory disorders and difficulties to concentrate due to the fact that there’s little air entering the nose, the brain suffers from cerebral hypoxia.
- Cold and chronic sinusitis symptoms. When the nose is clogged, the sinuses become clogged too and the symptoms of chronic sinusitis, that is pain of the face, and post-nasal drip due to nasal secretions dripping behind the nose and going down the throat.
- Sore throat, pharyngitis, which becomes chronic. A clogged nose can also affect the ears and make them more sensitive and prone to infections. First, you have the feeling of a clogged ear, like a prickly ear. Gradually, the post nasal drip secretions pass into the ear and you can end up with acute and suppurative otitis media.
Here are 4 home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis that will help you ameliorate the symptoms associated with chronic hypertrophic rhinitis. Let’s go!
4 Simple Home Remedies for Hypertrophic Rhinitis
1. Salt Water Rinse for Hypertrophic Rhinitis
One of the best home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis is a nasal wash. Before you perform the nasal rinse, you need to wash your hands thoroughly. Add 1 tbsp. of sea salt in 1 L of water, bring the water to a boil, and then let it cool off. When the water is lukewarm take a handful and rinse your nose by sucking it in on a nostril at a time. You can use a neti pot for this.
This remedy may not be as pleasant as you would like but sure is effective with hypertrophic rhinitis. If, by accident, the water reaches into your mouth, just spit it out. This is a long-term treatment, so you need to have patience and be persistent.
2. Lemon Juice Remedy for Chronic Hypertrophic Rhinitis
Another great home treatment for this type of rhinitis is fresh lemon juice. Due to the fact that lemon juice is so astringent and can cause stinging, dilute it in a saline solution where you add 20-30 drops of lemon juice for this treatment. Putting lemon juice in your nose is effective for hypertrophic rhinitis. Use an eyedropper to put a few drops of the lemon juice and saline water solution in your nose, twice a day, in the morning and evening.
3. Sea Buckthorn Oil Remedies for Hypertrophic Rhinitis
One of the most effective remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis is sea buckthorn oil. Add one drop of this wonderful oil in each nostril, in the morning and in the evening. In 5 days you’ll see the first results, but you need to continue the treatment until full recovery, with 1-2 drops every other day and then using it when you catch a cold or have a clogged nose.
4. Herbal Remedy for Hypertrophic Rhinitis with Heartsease
This simple herb is one of the most effective home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis. Drink a cup of unsweetened heartsease tea three times per day, right before the meals. Drink the tea on an empty stomach in the morning. It is also recommended that you drink this tea instead of water, but this means you should have it in larger quantities. The longer period of time you drink this tea, the better.
Read Also: 6 Natural Treatments for Chronic Rhinitis
We hope you’ve found here some effective home remedies for hypertrophic rhinitis for you. Share so others can see. Stay healthy, naturally!