If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for hemorrhoids, continue reading this article and find out what the are. But first.
Hemorrhoids and the pain caused by them is really unpleasant and distracting. The thing is hemorrhoids don’t just go away with magical pills and surgery, this is why we have gathered here some of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids for you. Look them up and choose one that you find handier and easier to do.
8 Best Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
1. Sodium Permanganate, Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Sodium permanganate is known for “burning” and deactivating external hemorrhoids if you use it properly. This is one of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids, and here is how you can use it.
- Dissolve a half teaspoon of sodium permanganate in 200 ml of distilled water. Women should protect their urogenital parts with a cotton pad.
- Have a 1 to 5-minute sitz bath with the anal parts only.
- It is recommended that you take these baths three times per day, in the morning, afternoon, and in the evening.
Beware! The first few baths on active hemorrhoids will be quite painful, but the intensity will decrease in the next 8-10 days of treatment until they vanish completely. When the pain is over, the treatment is over. One preparation can be used for 8-10 baths and beware: it stains! After each defecation washes the area with water and soap, and do not wipe with toilet paper, since it irritates. Avoid foods that cause constipation, such as spicy foods. Highly recommended are dried plums before bedtime. This is one of the most powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
2. Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids with Lady’s Bedstraw
Lady’s bedstraw is a plant that grows in hills and mountain areas and is used to prepare ointments that help those suffering from hemorrhoids. This ointment is also extremely useful in other veins related pains, such as varicose veins and others and you prepare is as follows.
- Gather a few lady’s bedstraw strains with leaves and wash them well.
- Pass them through the juicer and them and then mix the obtained juice with unsalted butter.
- Mix them well together until you get this homogenous paste, that has the texture of a cream.
- Smear the hemorrhoids with this lady’s bedstraw based ointment twice a day in the morning and in the evening.
However, don’t forget to wash very well before using this ointment and also use antibacterial soap or solution. Lady’s bedstraw balm is one of the most effective natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
3. Herbal Teas Mix for Hemorrhoids
These herbs make some of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids. For this herbal remedy, mix together:
- 2 tbsp. codlins-and-cream (Epilobium hirsutum)
- 4 tbsp. yarrow
- 1 tbsp. of shepherd’s-purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
Add 1 tbsp. of this herbal mix into 250 ml of hot water. Have one cup of this tea before every meal sweetened with honey. If you have bleeding hemorrhoids boil 2-3 gr of wood avens in 250 ml of water and drink 2 cups per day. For very painful hemorrhoids, make a combination of horsetail and yarrow in equal parts. Make an infusion with 1 tsp. of the mix in 250 ml of hot water and drink 2 cups daily. Use the remaining herbs to apply compresses directly on the hemorrhoids.
4. Fern Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Dig out a fern root, wash it well and take out its core (that has a yellow-ish coloration). Leave it to dry and then grind it until you obtain a flour. Sift it and mix it with rendered pork or sheep lard making a natural ointment. Apply the balm while sitting on the toilet, because when you get up, the anus tends to retreat inside.
You Can Find Fern Root Here
5. Velvetleaf Cure for Hemorrhoids
Velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti) is one of the most powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids, and here is how you can use it. It has a diuretic, antipyretic and astringent action.
- Add 1 tbsp. of dried velvet plant flowers in hot water and boil them for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea while warm, 2-4 times per day.
- Sweeten the tea with honey, never with sugar or saccharin, which can cause constipation.
The bleeding usually goes away in 2-5 days and the disease in 10-15 days. This natural remedy is highly effective even with advanced stages of hemorrhoids. This is a very popular ancient natural remedies for hemorrhoids from the Ural Mountains.
6. Herbal Sitz Baths for Hemorrhoids
Locally grown chamomile, horsetail, yarrow, and oak bark baths are highly recommended as natural remedies for hemorrhoids. However, an even more powerful effective remedy for hemorrhoids is the birthwort sitz bath.
Prepare the bath as follows:
- Boil on medium heat 4-5 tbsp. of birthwort in 3 L of water.
- 10 minutes before the boiling is done, add 1 handful of wheat bran into the pot.
- When the water drops to half, strain the content and use the water for a 15-minute sitz bath.
- After the bath, stay for 10 minutes without whipping, but leave the affected areas to dry on their own, so that the cure is efficient.
Afterward, make natural suppositories with finely grated parsley root and fresh, natural, and unsalted butter. Put the suppositories in the fridge so that they harden and are ready to use. You can also try to alternate these herbal sitz baths with wormwood and chamomile, ash, marigolds, yarrow, linden, and common comfrey. These herbs are powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
7. Ash Tree Remedy
Make fresh ash leaves juice and drinks 1 shot 3 times per day sweetened with honey. Immediately after, have a cup of warm water. This is a long-term treatment for hemorrhoids.
8. Carob Brandy Remedy
Add 150 g of carob powder (Serata siliquia) into 1 L of 40° alcohol. Leave to macerate in a warm place for the following 10 days. Have 2 shots of this natural remedy daily, before meals. Don’t consume any other type of alcohol while on this cure. Stay healthy, naturally!
We really hope that the natural remedies for hemorrhoids here will really help you out. Let us know which one worked for you in the comments below. Stay healthy, naturally!