If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for hemorrhoids, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Hemorrhoids are a really unpleasant and distracting health issue. The thing is hemorrhoids don’t just go away with magical pills and surgery, this is why we have researched and gathered here some of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids for you from parts of Central and Eastern Europe. Without further ado, let’s get to them.
8 Best Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
1. Sodium Permanganate Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Sodium permanganate is known for “burning” and soothing external hemorrhoids if used properly. This is one of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids, and here is how you can use it.
- Dissolve a half teaspoon of sodium permanganate in 200 ml of distilled water.
- Take a 1 to 5-minute sitz bath (only wash your anal parts).
Take these baths three times per day, in the morning, afternoon, and evening. One preparation can be used for 8-10 baths. After each bowel movement, wash the area with water and soap, and do not wipe with toilet paper, as it irritates. Avoid foods that cause constipation, such as spicy foods. Highly recommended are dried plums before bedtime. This is one of the most powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
Important! The first few baths with sodium permanganate on active hemorrhoids can be quite painful, but the intensity will decrease over the next 8-10 days of treatment until they vanish completely. When the pain is over, the treatment is over.
Beware! Sodium permanganate stains! Women should protect their urogenital parts with a cotton pad while doing this sitz bath!
2. Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids with Lady’s Bedstraw
Lady’s bedstraw is a plant that grows in hills and mountainous areas and is used to prepare ointments that help those suffering from hemorrhoids. This ointment is also extremely useful in other blood vessels related afflictions, such as varicose veins and you prepare it as follows.
- Gather a few lady’s bedstraw strains with leaves and wash them well.
- Pass them through the juicer and then mix the obtained juice with unsalted butter.
- Combine well together until you get a homogenous paste, the texture of face cream.
- Apply to the hemorrhoids twice a day (in the morning and in the evening).
It’s important to wash very well before using this ointment with antibacterial soap or solution. Lady’s bedstraw salve is one of the most effective natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
3. Herbal Teas Mix for Hemorrhoids
These herbs make some of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids. For this herbal remedy, mix together
- 2 tbsp codlins-and-cream (Epilobium hirsutum)
- 4 tbsp yarrow
- 1 tbsp of shepherd’s-purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
Steep 1 tbsp of this herbal blend in 250 ml (1 cup) of hot water. Have one cup of this tea before every meal sweetened with honey. If you have bleeding hemorrhoids, boil 2-3 gr of wood avens in 250 ml of water and drink 2 cups per day. For very painful hemorrhoids, make a combination of horsetail and yarrow in equal parts. Prepare an infusion by steeping 1 tsp in 250 ml of hot water, and drink 2 cups daily. Use the leftover plants for poultices that you apply directly to the hemorrhoids.
4. Fern Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Dig out a fern root, wash it well and take out its core (that has a yellow-ish coloration). Leave it to dry and then grind it until you obtain a powder. Sift the powder and mix it with rendered pork fat or sheep lard to make a natural ointment. Apply the balm while sitting on the toilet, because when you get up, the anus tends to retreat inside.
5. Velvetleaf Cure for Hemorrhoids
Velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti) is one of the most powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids, due to its diuretic, antipyretic and astringent action. Here is how you can use it.
- Put 1 tbsp of dried velvetleaf flowers in hot water and simmer them for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea while warm (drink 2-4 cups a day).
- Sweeten the tea with honey, never with sugar or saccharin as they can cause constipation.
The bleeding usually stops in 2-5 days and the hemorrhoids reduce in 10-15 days of treatment. This natural remedy is highly effective even for the advanced stages of this condition. This is one of the very popular ancient natural remedies for hemorrhoids from the Ural Mountains.
6. Herbal Sitz Baths for Hemorrhoids
Chamomile, horsetail, yarrow, and oak bark baths are highly recommended as natural remedies for hemorrhoids. However, an even more powerful and effective remedy for hemorrhoids is birthwort. Prepare the sitz bath as follows:
- Simmer 4-5 tbsp of birthwort in 3 L of water on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- When the water starts boiling add a handful of wheat brans and continue simmering.
- When the water drops to half, strain the content and use the water for a 15-minute sitz bath.
After bathing, do not wipe for 10 minutes and leave the area to dry on its own, so that the bath is effective. Make natural suppositories with finely grated parsley root and fresh, natural, and unsalted butter. Store the suppositories in the fridge so that they harden and are ready to use when you need them. You can also try to alternate these herbal sitz baths with wormwood, chamomile, ash leaves, marigolds, yarrow, linden flowers, and common comfrey. These herbs are powerful natural remedies for hemorrhoids.
7. Ash Tree Remedy
Make fresh juice from ash leaves and drink one shot 3 times per day sweetened with honey. Immediately after, have a cup of warm water. This is a long-term treatment for hemorrhoids.
8. Carob Brandy Remedy
Soak 150 g of carob powder (Ceratonia siliqua) in 1 liter of 40° alcohol. Leave to macerate in a warm place for the following 10 days. Have 2 shots of this natural remedy daily, before meals. Don’t consume any other type of alcohol while on this cure.
We really hope that the natural remedies for hemorrhoids here will really help you out. Let us know which one worked for you in the comments below. Stay healthy, naturally!