If you are looking for a simple and effective home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids, continue reading this article and find out how to follow this remedy at home. But first.
Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed blood vessels inside or outside the anus canal, on the last 5 cm of the colon. Hemorrhoids are a common health problem, which is the dilation and inflammation of the hemorrhoid veins in the anal area. When the body loses its normal balance and health, these blood vessels become pathological.
Internal Hemorrhoids Symptoms
Amongst the most frequent symptoms of hemorrhoids, there are:
- Pain, itch and a burning sensation in the anal area
- Mild bleeding associated with bowel movements
- Mucus in the stool
- Swollen blood vessels that protrude outside the anal canal, that can be felt at touch
- The sensation of obstruction or blockage when defecating
The main cause of hemorrhoids is the increased pressure in the veins of the rectal region. For this, the most common causes are:
- Excessive sitting down without pause
- Pushing or lifting weights
- Sitting on the toilet too much
- Standing up in a fix position for hours on end
Internal vs. External Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are divided into two classes: internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids. The tissue inside the anal canal is heavily irrigated to help the movement and disposal of fecal matter. For this reason, any pressure or stress in this area can lead to inflammation or tear in the blood vessels.
The blood vessels swell and in time may break or when using the toilet. When left untreated, internal hemorrhoids protrude outward and thus form external hemorrhoids. This condition can exist in both forms, at the same time.
What Are Thrombosed Hemorrhoids?
One of the most painful ailment is thrombosed external hemorrhoids. This happens when the external anal tissue develops a blood clot in the blood vessels on the outside of the anus. These blood clots can be the source of extraordinary pain because they can block circulation almost permanently.
The veins in the anus or outside the rectum can begin to swell and come out when protruding in these areas. When blood flow is restricted, the vessels tend to break, causing the formation of blood clots under the skin. When this happens, we are dealing with thrombosed hemorrhoids.
Thrombosed hemorrhoids are easily recognizable and felt to the touch, because they feel either hard or soft. Thrombosed hemorrhoids feel like small growths on inspection and are blue in color. That’s because the veins are constricted under the skin and there is not a normal blood flow passing through them. If they become irritated, thrombosed hemorrhoids can turn red in color.
Although not considered dangerous, thrombosed external hemorrhoids cause pain and swelling as they affects nerve ends located in the anal region. Bleeding is not a common symptom but it can occur if blood clots are injured. Without further ado, let’s get into the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids.
The Home Remedy for Thrombosed Internal Hemorrhoids
Lychnis coronaria or Silene coronaria, as it is called in the the US, is a species of flowering plants native to Asia and Europe. The plant is commonly called rose campion or dusty miller, but it has other folk names as well. This herb has been successfully used as a home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids, due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, cicatrizing and epithelizing as well as capillary protection action.
In addition, this miraculous herb is also used with success in circulatory dysfunctions like varicose veins, hemorrhoid thrombophlebitis, anal fissures, tenesmus and anal pruritus that accompany hemorrhoids, anitis and anorectitis, infections of the anorectal region.
This is how you can make the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids at home.
How to Prepare the Remedy
Here is the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids with this marevelus plant, Lychnis coronaria.
- Finely mince 1-2 branches of Lychnis coronaria, about 2-4 tbsp. and add them in a pot with 2 L of boiling water.
- Leave to scald for 10 minutes and then bring the water to a boil for 5-10 seconds. Repeat twice.
- When the tea has completely cooled off you can use it for the enema.
The procedure lasts for about 1 hour, while trying to maintain the temperature of the decoction so that it is neither too cold nor too hot for the patient. After 2-3 enemas with Lychnis coronaria, the thrombosed internal hemorrhoids usually enter remission.
The plant is hard to find as bulk tea, but you can grow it in your garden and use it for this remedy.
You Can Find Rose Campion Seeds Here:
Look for The Root Cause of Thrombosed Internal Hemorrhoids
This home remedy thrombosed internal hemorrhoids has been successfully used for patients suffering from hemorrhoids, especially thrombosed hemorrhoids, with rare situations of recurrence. However, if in your case, the symptoms of internal hemorrhoids reappear, you need to closely examine the possible causes that trigger and maintain the hemorrhoids.
Spicy foods, excessive coffee consumption, smoking, regular alcohol drinking or even having a sedentary life can be the causes for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids in your case. Suffering from a chronic condition like constipation, enterocolitis or venous hypertension, rectal or genital tumors may also trigger internal thrombosed hemorrhoids.
Eliminating the possible causes of thrombosed internal hemorrhoids may not always solve the problem per se, but knowing the cause will help you prevent relapses and further complications like anal fissures or anorectal prolapse. However, in most cases the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids works successfully.
Read Also: 10 Natural Treatments for Hemorrhoids
Home Remedies for External Hemorrhoids Symptoms
Besides the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids, here are a few simple tips for treating external hemorrhoids symptoms.
- Stop hemorrhoids from bleeding with regular yarrow and shepherd’s purse sitz baths, that have powerful antihemorrhagic effects.
- Soothe hemorrhoids pain with warm tea baths to reduce the blood vessels’ dilatation and reduce the inflammation.
- Help blood vessels contract by padding the hemorrhoids with a cotton pad soaked in undistilled hamamelis (Hamamelis virginiana), which is rich in tannins and helps the blood vessels contract.
- Cure hemorrhoids with liquid Vitamin E and wheat germ oils applied a few times per day. You may also use natural calendula and common comfrey salve to favor healing or apply a grated potato cataplasm for its soothing effect.
- Improve blood flow by lying down with your feet higher than the rest of your body. This way, you decrease the pressure on the overstressed anal area and improve the blood flow altogether.
Best Diet for Thrombosed Internal Hemorrhoids
In addition to the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids, some diet changes are necessary. A diet rich in fiber, vegetables, and fruits is ideal for hemorrhoids.
- Drink a cup of warm water every morning when you wake up and every night before going to bed. Not only is this beneficial in the management of hemorrhoids, but it also helps to detoxify and body hydration.
- A high-fiber diet will significantly reduce hemorrhoid symptoms, including pain and bleeding. When you include more fiber in the diet, you should keep well hydrated to avoid constipation.
- A healthy breakfast that will greatly help to treat hemorrhoids is the following. Mix 2-3 tablespoons of fiber yogurt with a tablespoon of honey. Optional, you can add raisins or other dried fruit.
- Include Vitamin K (antihemorrhagic) rich vegetables into your diet, such as green onions, leeks, cabbage, parsley, spinach, lettuce, cauliflower, and avocado.
- Stay hydrated enough, so that urine should be pale yellow. Drink at least 2 L of water every day to prevent constipation and stay hydrated.
- Drink a cup of tea before going to bed. It helps regulate digestion, enhance the digestion of fats, regulate bowel movements, and prevent inflammation of the colon and hemorrhoids.
- Avoid meat, fried foods, pork, sausages, food from fast foods. Have chicken, fish, or beef, boiled, grilled, or baked instead.
- Replace sugar pastries and fat cake fillings with homemade sweets with more fruit content and little to no sugar.
Body Hygiene and Hemorrhoids
In addition to the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids and diet changes, there are other hygiene tips that can follow to help the healing process.
After the evening shower, a very helpful thing to do is to take a sitz bath. If your schedule allows, do this sitz bath during the day as well. It will relieve the pain in minutes and will contribute to eliminating hemorrhoids. After the bath, do not rub the towel, but pad the area gently with a soft towel. Then apply an anti hemorrhoidal moisturizer.
Going to The Restroom
After using the toilet, wash the area with warm water, using a natural soap, herbal. Do not rub the area, a dab dry with a towel very soft. When you’re at work, use wet wipes with aloe (unscented). After using the restroom, and after shower or sitz bath, apply a moisturizer cream with propolis.
Use colorless and odorless toilet paper. If you’re using the restroom and are not at home, you can use unscented hygiene wipes to pad clean afterward.
Do not wear synthetic underwear or lingerie that is too tight. Improper underwear can increase the pressure on the hemorrhoids area and amplify the pain. When you are at home you can even forget wearing lingerie. Another recommendation is that you wear underwear made of natural materials, and make sure is loose enough so that it doesn’t increase the pressure on the hemorrhoid veins.
Lifestyle Changes for Hemorrhoids
Even more, in addition to the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids and hygiene tips, there are a couple helpful lifestyle adjustments.
- Buoy. If you sit for long hours every day, you can use a buoy to relieve pain by decreasing the bodyweight pressure that exerts on the hemorrhoids.
- Walks. Go for easy walks, 5-10 minutes every day, but without forcing yourself. If you feel the slightest pain, return home and resume the walk the next day. Avoid heavy lifting, squats, don’t delay going to the restroom because it can lead to constipation.
The more consistent you are with the home remedy for thrombosed internal hemorrhoids and recommendations, the faster the pain will go away. Stay healthy, naturally!