Looking for a natural treatment for ear pain? You’re on the right side of the internet! For every condition, God has grown a plant, at least that`s what homeopaths believe. However, this is somewhat true. Here are some amazing natural treatments for ear pain.
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Natural Treatments for Ear Pain
1. Onion Cataplasm, a Natural Treatment for Ear Pain
Onion is perhaps the best natural treatment for ear pain, because this amazing legume contains etheric oils, a great number of acids, vitamins and numerous other antiviral elements, but also analgesics. Among the numerous benefits that onion has, it is also a renown natural treatment for ear pain in particular. Besides reducing the ear pain it also helps the fever down and put you at ease.
- Heat up an onion on the lid of a pot over the fire while boiling water in the pot.
- After the onion is thoroughly heat up place it onto a gauze.
- Put the piece of gauze as close to the sore ear as possible.
- Let it stay like that for at least one hour on the painful spot.
You can use a head band or a cap to make it stay in place. Find a quiet place to rest for at least an hour and just try to relax.
2. Natural Treatments for Ear Pain with Seeds
Boil 7 poppy seeds in 1/2 cups of milk for 30 minutes. Spray the warm milk in your ear using a sprayer bottle. Flax seeds are also amazing. Wash your ears with warm milk in which you’ve boiled some flaxseeds.
Enhance the power of these remedies with thyme tea. Thyme is a natural antibiotic. Boil 2 tbsp. of dried thyme in 200 ml of water for 15 minutes. Slip and use the decoction while still slightly warm.
Read More: Home Remedy for Ear Fungus
3. Folk Cures for Ear Pain
Since old times, people have believed to cure health problems through their beliefs and superstitions, rather than with a medical treatment, as we know them today. Here are a few folk remedies for ear pain that you might find interesting to read.
- Take a blue cotton gauze and wrap it in a roll.
- Burn one of its ends and collect the ash.
- Add the warm ash into the sick ear
The best way to do this is to lay down on the bed with your sick ear upwards.
This is an old Romanian practice to heal ear pain done by the elders of the village. They also had a special incantation they would chant while performing the healing.
Another folk remedy for ear pain is this one.
- Introduce different size corks into your mouth.
- Chew on them on the side with the painful ear.
Read More: Home Remedy for Itchy Ears
In the beginning, make sure the corks are somewhat smaller, then, for the following 1-3 weeks get bigger ones. Chew slowly and with caution. Do this daily, while reading or watching TV. This is a dentist’s recommendation.
Hopefully, you’ll find some relief with one or more of these natural treatments for ear pain. Stay healthy, naturally!