If you happen to suffer from itchy ears, the best thing to do first is to go see a specialist, because chances are you may have a wax plug or suffer from internal ear problems that cause the itch. However, you can also try the following home remedy for itchy ears that can solve your problem for good.
The Best Home Remedy for Itchy Ears
Garlic is the best home remedy for itchy ears, with powerful antibacterial and antibiotic properties way more effective than most synthetic antibiotics out there. Garlic oil is also an effective remedy for ear fungus. In addition to garlic, lemon juice and propolis tincture are powerful natural disinfecting agents. What you need to do is to follow the steps below.
- Peel and crush 50 grams of garlic and then add it to a saucepan with 200 ml of water.
- Simmer the garlic until the water drops to half (100 ml).
- Strain and keep the water (garlic infusion).
- Combine the garlic infusion with 20 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 50 ml of propolis tincture, and 20 ml of olive oil.
- Pour the remedy into a small amber glass bottle and seal it.
- Warm up the battle in a mug of hot water until it reaches body temperature.
How to Use
Cut a piece of sterile gauze and soak it in the garlic solution (shake well before each use). Introduce the gauze mesh into the itchy ear so that you can easily take it out. Keep the gauze inside the itching ear overnight (cover it with a cotton pad to keep it in place). You can use a small piece of a cotton pad instead of gauze if it’s easier to use. Repeat this procedure throughout the day. If the itch still persists, pour two warm drops of the garlic solution into the itchy ear.
Read Also: How to Use Onion for Ear Pain
This is a simple yet very useful home remedy for itchy ears, used by people in Central and Eastern Europe for centuries. Before using the remedy, try to clean your ears as thoroughly as possible to remove the ear wax. Excess ear wax usually makes the ears itch. Stay healthy, naturally!