If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for kidney stones, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
The kidneys play an important role in cleansing and filtering blood and urine of toxic substances or chemicals. However, when these toxins accumulate in large quantities, they lead to the development of kidney stones. Kidney stones are deposits of minerals and salts that form inside the kidneys. In most cases, kidney stones are caused by an improper diet that leads to hormonal imbalances.
If you suffer from kidney stones, please don’t panic and read the natural treatments for kidney stones right below. There are some amazing herbs and other natural ingredients that actually work wonders for the kidneys. Have great faith in the power of nature. Let’s begin!
20 Natural Treatments for Kidney Stones
1. Cowberry Leaves Tea Treatment for Kidney Stones
Very beneficial with kidney conditions and UTI, cowberry leaves (Vaccinium vitis idaea) are some of the best natural treatments for kidney stones. Here is how you can use them.
- Pour 100 ml of cold water over 2 tbsp. of finely chopped cowberry leaves.
- Mix well and after 15 minutes slip the tea.
- Pour another 100 ml of hot water over the leaves that you’ve already used and boil for 15 minutes, then slip the tea once again.
- Mix both liquids and add water until you get 200 ml of tea.
- Sweeten with honey.
- Have 1 tbsp. every 3-4 hours.
In order to boost up the disinfecting power of this remedy, add 1 pinch of sodium bicarbonate as well. Drink 2 cups per day. This is amongst the most powerful natural treatments for kidney stones.
You Can Find Cowberry Leaves Here
2. Greater Burdock, the Cure for Kidney Stones
Boil 3 full tbsp. of fresh greater burdock root (not too old, but not too young either – 3-4 years) in 1.5 L of water, until the water level drops to half. Take it off the fire, cool down and slip, and then split it into three equal portions. Have 1 portion 1 hour before the main meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Repeat the cure for 3 days and it is recommended while having a kidney crisis as well. Burdock root is a natural cleanser, which makes this one of the most powerful natural treatments for kidney stones.
You Can Find Greater Burdock Here
3. Corn Cob Tea Remedy for Kidney Stones
For this simple remedy, you’ll need 2 dried corn cobs without the kernels. Corn silk is also one of the most effective natural treatments for kidney stones.
- Remove all the husks and mince them with a hammer.
- Boil them in 1.65 L of water until the water drops to half (800 ml).
- Slip well and pour the clear liquid into a bottle.
- Store it in the fridge.
- Have 40 ml of the corn cob tea every morning on an empty stomach (30 minutes before breakfast).
This is a 3-4 week-long treatment and you will need to make this portion twice (hence, you need 4 corn cobs in total). This miraculous tea grinds the kidney stones and eliminates them.
4. Horsetail Treatment for Kidney Stones
If you suffer from kidney stones and sand, then you could try this simple 10-days remedy that has helped so many before you. Out of all the herbs, horsetail is one of the best natural treatments for kidney stones.
- Have hot horsetail sitz baths for 10 days in a row.
- You’ll need a 6-7 L bucket filled with freshly picked and finely chopped horsetail (for a concentrated tea)
- You may keep the concoction for 3-4 days if you keep it in a cool place, and reheat it before each use.
- Try to bear the sitz baths as hot as possible and make sure your kidney area is covered with this concoction.
A bath should last 20-25 minutes. Don’t wipe with a towel after the bath, but take on a bathrobe and get directly into bed. You’ll start sweating abundantly under the sheets, which is a good thing. Get on fresh clothes and go to sleep. These hot baths cause the urinary tracts to dilate and hence, make possible the elimination of the stones.
Alongside these wonderful sitz baths drink plenty of horsetail tea throughout the day. You can mix horsetail with other diuretic plants such as common knotgrass, nettle, codlins-and-cream, or corn silk. Have 2-3 liters per day, drunk in small sips.
As a piece of advice, while doing this remedy for kidney stones try to hold the urine as much as possible in you, so that when you go to the toilet your urine bursts out with a lot of pressure, forcing the stone fragments to go down and exist the urinary tract.
You Can Find Horsetail Here
5. Grape Stum, a Great Natural Remedy for Kidney Stones
Scientists have recognized the tremendous diuretic properties of fully ripe grapes, no matter their variety and color. Hence, in full grapes season, during autumn time, undergo this cure that will help you prevent the formation of kidney stones and even other conditions related to the good functioning of the kidneys.
So, what you need to do is to:
- Drink 1 liter of grape stum when the fermentation process is incipient.
This wonderful and tasty natural drink is a great tonic for the body and a great help in the case of kidney disorders. It is highly recommended to those who have submitted a lot of physical and mental effort and wish to recharge their batteries again. This is one of the best natural treatments for kidney stones. Organic grape juice is also amazing, but use unpasteurized (not boiled). Make at home from red organic grapes.
6. Almond Oil, a Natural Treatment for Kidney Stones
Another wonderful remedy for kidney stones and other kidney problems is the use of walnut cold-pressed oil in combination with the bitter almonds’ natural oil. Well, don’t jump to conclusions and think that this one is complicated because it is not. Bitter almonds are amongst the most effective natural treatments for kidney stones.
- You need some high-quality natural walnut oil and bitter almonds oil.
- Mix three drops of each of the two oils together and add licorice infusion.
- The licorice infusion is obtained as follows: add 10 grams of dried and ground licorice root into 1 cup of boiling water and let them infuse for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Have three tablespoons of this infusion and oils mix per day, until the kidney stones are totally eliminated.
You Can Find Bitter Almond Oil Here
7. Parsley Remedy for the Kidneys
Add 500 gr of parsley root into an enameled pot and pour 3 L of water over it. Make sure you don’t use any metal utensils to clean the parsley roots, but a plain brush. Boil until you obtain 2 L of concentrated tea. Slip and pour the tea in another enameled pot.
Pour another 2 L of water over the left roots and boil once again until you get 1 L of parsley root tea. Mix this 1 L of tea with the other 2 L obtain previously. Have one cup of parsley root tea 30 minutes before every meal, in total 3 cups a day before or after meals. Although simple, this is one of the most powerful natural treatments for kidney stones that can help you eliminate the kidney sand and stones and save you from the pain and the expenses of unwanted surgery.
8. Horseradish, a Remedy for Kidney Stones
This cure is one of the best alternatives in case you suffer from kidney stones and don’t want to take any synthetic drugs. Horseradish is a powerful natural antibiotic, this is why this is one of the most amazing natural treatments for kidney stones. Here is how you can make it at home.
- Grate 300 gr of horseradish, sprinkle it with apple vinegar and put it into a canvas bag, and squeeze the juice out.
- Fix the bag in place over the kidney areas and keep it on for 15 minutes, first on the right kidney, and then on the left one.
- After 10 minutes you’ll feel some stinging, the sign that the remedy is working.
- Bear the stinging and wait until the next day when you’ll see the first improvements.
- Your urine will get an intense coloration as a sign that the urinary tract is cleaning up and the stones are eliminated.
- You can repeat the procedure after 2 weeks have passed.
This is a great rheumatism remedy as well if use the same.
You Can Find Horseradish Root Here
9. Orange Treatment for Kidney Stones
Peel an orange and put it in a pot with cold water overnight. The next morning, take the peel out and put it in another 500 ml of freshwater. Boil it on low heat with a lid on for an hour. After it has cooled down, take small sips of this simple remedy for the following 12 hours. Do the same the next day with another orange fruit. After you’ve had your last sip, you’ll see in your urine sand sediments, as a sign that the stones have started to dissolve. Two oranges should do. As simple as it sounds, this is one of the most powerful natural treatments for kidney stones.
10. Natural Fir Raisin Cure for Kidney Stones
Make small pea-sized grains of fir raisin. Swallow one grain of this natural raisin with water each morning. Make sure the raisin doesn’t get in contact with your teeth. This is a 10-days cure with 20 days pause. Resume if necessary. While doing this treatment, drink plenty of horsetail and yarrow teas by adding 1 tsp. of each herb into 1 cup of water. Have 3 cups daily, 1 hour before mealtime. Expect to see results after 2 months at least. This is one of the most simple and most wonderful natural treatments for kidney stones.
5 Natural Treatments for Kidney Stones with Herbs
The herbal teas below are some of the best herbs that can treat kidney stones and kidney sand. Here is how you can use these natural treatments for kidney stones.
1. Birch Leaf Tea
Add 1/2 tsp. birch leaves into 500 ml of hot water. After the tea cools down, strain and drink the entire quantity in the next 24 hours.
2. Couch Grass Infusion
Drink 1,5 L of couch grass root tea daily in a 30 days cure. Don’t add any sweeteners to your tea.
3. Hemp Seeds Tea for Kidney Stones
Make a simple tea with 2 tbsp. of crushed hemp seeds per 150 ml of hot water. Boil the hemp seeds until the liquid drops to half its initial quantity. Have the tea every morning 2 hours before breakfast. This is a 3-week long cure.
4. Herbal Mix Remedy for Kidney Stones
If you are predisposed to making kidney stones then you can try a wonderful herbal mix with horsetail, corn silk, and cherry stems. Drink this tea for 3 weeks by making an infusion with 2 tsp. herbal mix per cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups of this tea daily. These herbs are some of the best natural treatments for kidney stones.
5. Herbal Tea Mix
Make a tea with greater celandine, corn silk, cherry stems, rowan, basil, and nettle. Sweeten the tea with honey and add some fresh lemon juice as well. Have 1 tbsp. of olive oil every morning, but rinse your mouth with it well before swallowing it. Prior to this, brush your teeth with toothpaste and sodium bicarbonate. Simply amazing natural treatments for kidney stones.
You Can Find These Herbs Here
Other Natural Treatments for Kidney Stones
Frankincense, juniper oil, and lemon peel boil are some of the simplest natural treatments for kidney stones you can try.
- Hot Bath & Beer. Get into the tub or a larger basin with hot water (as hot as you can possibly bear) and while sitting in this water drink 500 ml of natural beer, sip by sip until it’s all gone. This remedy helps you eliminate kidney stones right away in the bathwater.
- Frankincense Remedy. Have 1 natural incense grain every morning, 1 hour before breakfast for 7 days in a row. Don’t chew on it because incense is really corrosive and can damage your teeth. This idea could be the basis of this folk remedy, that incense is so corrosive that can even break down and eliminate kidney stones from your body.
- Juniper Oil Cure. Have 2-4 drops of juniper oil 3 times per day with 1 tsp. of sugar or honey (even better). Juniper oil is highly recommended with kidney diseases, in dissolving kidney stones and eliminating kidney sand, as well as with urethritis.
- Black Radish Remedy. Drink 1 shot of black radish brandy every morning, 2 hours before breakfast for 7 days in a row. Do not extend this remedy for more than 7 days.
- Lemon Drink Cure. Wash well one lemon and cut it into fine pieces with the peel on. Boil the lemon in 1 L of water on medium heat until the liquid drops to a quarter. Drink this liquid in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Kidney Diseases
Diet Recommendations for Kidney Stones
In addition to the natural treatments for kidney stones above, you should take good care of what you eat and your lifestyle in general. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies!
- Avoid animal liver, kidney, brain, spices, alcohol, coffee, sauces, fish, and spinach.
- Fruits that you can eat: blueberries, gooseberries, cherries, currants, wild strawberries, lemons, oranges, pears, watermelon, etc.
- Vegetables that you can eat: potatoes, cucumbers, onion, green beans, leek, parsnips, radish, lettuce, garlic, and celery.
Read Also: 2 Natural Remedies for Kidney Sand
Nature always has a better way for you to heal us and put us back on our feet. We hope that these natural treatments for kidney stones here will truly help you out. Stay healthy, naturally!