If you suffer from kidney stones, please don’t panic and read the natural remedies for kidney stones right below. There are some amazing herbs and other natural ingredients that actually work wonders for the kidneys. Have great faith in the power of nature. Let’s begin!
In This Article You Will Find:
20 Natural Treatments for Kidney Stones
1. Cranberry Leaves Tea, a Quick Treatment for Kidney Stones
Very beneficial with kidney conditions and UTI, the cranberry tea goes like this:
- Pour 100 ml of cold water over 2 tbsp. of finely chopped cranberry leaves.
- Mix well and after 15 minutes slip the tea.
- Pour another 100 ml of hot water over the leaves that you’ve already used and boil for 15 minutes, then slip the tea once again.
- Mix both liquids and add water until you get 200 ml of tea.
- Sweeten with honey.
- Have 1 tbsp. every 3-4 hours.
- In order to boost up the disinfecting power of this remedy, add 1 pinch of sodium bicarbonate as well.
- Drink 2 cups per day.
2. Greater Burdock, the Cure for Kidney Stones
- Boil 3 full tbsp. of fresh greater burdock root (not too old, but not too young either – 3-4 years) in 1.5 L of water, until the water level drops to half.
- Take it off the fire, cool down and slip and then split it into three equal portions.
- Have 1 portion 1 hour before the main meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Repeat the cure 3 days and it is recommended while having a kidney crisis as well.
3. Corn Cob Tea Remedy for Kidney Stones
For this simple remedy you’ll need 2 dried corn cobs without the kernels.
- Remove all the husk and mince them with a hammer.
- Boil them in 1.65 L of water until the water drops to half (800 ml).
- Slip well and pour the clear liquid in a bottle.
- Store it in the fridge.
- Have 40 ml of the corn cob tea every morning on an empty stomach (30 minutes before breakfast).
This is a 3-4 week-long treatment and you will need to make this portion twice (hence, you need 4 corn cobs in total). This miraculous tea grinds the kidney stones and eliminates them.
Read More: Natural Treatment for Kidney Diseases
4. Horsetail Sitz Baths Treatment for Kidney Stones
If you suffer from kidney stones and sand, then you could try this simple 10-days remedy that has helped so many before you.
- Have hot horsetail sitz baths for 10 days in a row.
- You’ll need a 6-7 L bucket filled with freshly picked and finely chopped horsetail (for a concentrated tea)
- You may keep the concoction for 3-4 days if you keep it in a cool place, and reheat it before each use.
- Try to bare the sitz baths as hot as possible and make sure your kidney area is covered with concoction.
- A bath should last 20-25 minutes.
- Don’t wipe with a towel after the bath, but take on a bathrobe and get directly into bed.
- You’ll start sweating abundantly under the sheets, which is a good thing
- Get on fresh clothes and go to sleep.
These hot baths cause the urinary tracts to dilate and hence, make possible the elimination of the stones.
- Alongside these wonderful sitz baths drink plenty of horsetail tea throughout the day.
- You can mix horsetail with other diuretic plants such as: common knotgrass, nettle, codlins-and-cream or corn silk.
- Have 2-3 liters per day, drunk in small sips.
As a piece of advice, while doing this remedy for kidney stones:
Try to hold the urine as much as possible in you, so that when you go to the toilet your urine bursts out with a lot of pressure, forcing the stone fragments to go down and exist the urinary tract.
5. Grape Stum, a Great Natural Remedy for Kidney Stones
Scientists have recognized the tremendous diuretic properties of fully ripped grapes, no matter their variety and color.
Hence, in full grapes season, during autumn time, undergo this cure that will help you prevent the formation of kidney stones and even other conditions related to the good functioning of the kidneys.
So, what you need to do is to:
- Drink 1 liter of grape stum when the fermentation process is incipient.
This wonderful and tasty natural drink is a great tonic for the body and a great help in case of kidney disorders.
It is highly recommended to those who have submitted a lot of physical and mental effort and wish to recharge their batteries again.
6. Almond Oil, a Natural Treatment for Kidney Stones
Another wonderful remedy for kidney stones and other kidney problems is the use of walnut cold pressed oil in combination with the bitter almond natural oil.
Well, don’t jump into conclusions and think that this one is complicated, because it is not.
- So, basically you’ll need some high quality natural walnut oil and bitter almonds oil.
- Mix three drops of each of the two oils together and add liquorice infusion.
- The liquorice infusion is obtained as follows: add 10 grams of dried and ground liquorice root into 1 cup of boiling water and let them infuse for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Have three tablespoons of this infusion and oils mix per day, until the kidney stones are totally eliminated.
7. Parsley Remedy for the Kidneys
- Add 500 gr of parsley root into an enameled pot and pour 3 L of water over it.
- Make sure you don’t use any metal utensils to clean the parsley roots, but a plain brush.
- Boil until you obtain 2 L of concentrated tea.
- Slip and pour the tea in another enameled pot
- Pour another 2 L of water over the left roots and boil once again until you get 1 L of parsley root tea.
- Mix this 1 L of tea with the other 2 L obtain previously.
- Have one cup of parsley root tea 30 minutes before every meal, in total 3 cups a day before or after meals.
This simple natural treatment for kidney stones will definitely help you eliminate the kidney sand and stones and save your from the pain and expensive and unwanted surgery.
8. Horseradish, a Remedy for Kidney Stones
This cure is one of the best alternative in case you suffer from kidney stones and don’t want to take any synthetic drugs.
- Grate 300 gr of horseradish, sprinkle it with apple vinegar and put it into a canvas bag and squeeze the juice out.
- Fix the bag in place over the kidney areas and keep it on for 15 minutes, first on the right kidney and then on the left one.
- After 10 minutes you’ll feel some stinging, the sign that the remedy is working.
- Bear the stinging and wait until the next day when you’ll see the first improvements.
- Your urine will get an intense coloration as a sign that the urinary tract is cleaning up and the stones are eliminated.
- You can repeat the procedure after 2 weeks have passed.
This is a great rheumatism remedy as well if use the same.
9. Orange Treatment for Kidney Stones
Peel an orange and put it in a a pot with cold water overnight. Next morning, take the peel out and put it in another 500 ml of fresh water. Boil it on low heat with a lid on for an hour. After it has cooled down, take small sips of this simple remedy for the following 12 hours. Do the same the next day with another orange fruit. After you’ve had your last sip, you’ll see in your urine sand sediments, as a sign that the stones have start to dissolve. Two oranges should do.
Read More: 2 Natural Remedies for Kidney Sand
10. Natural Fir Raisin Cure for Kidney Stones
Make small pea-sized grains with the raisin. Swallow one grain with water each morning. Make sure the raisin doesn’t get in contact with the teeth. This is a 10-days cure with 20 days pause. Resume if necessary. While doing this treatment drink plenty horsetail and yarrow tea by adding 1 tsp. of each herb into 1 cup of water. Have 3 cups daily, 1 hour before meal time. Expect to see results after 2 months at least.
5 Herbal Remedies for Kidney Stones
Birch Tree Tea
Add 1/2 tsp. birch tree leaves into 500 ml of hot water. After the tea cools down, strain and drink the entire quantity in the next 24 hours.
Couchgrass Infusion Cure for Healthy Kidneys
Drink 1,5 L of couchgrass root tea daily in a 30 days cure. Don’t add any sweeteners to your tea.
Hemp Tea Melts Kidney Stones
Make a simple tea with 2 tbsp. of crushed hemp seeds per 150 ml of hot water. Boil the hemp seeds until the liquid drops to half its initial quantity. Have the tea every morning 2 hours before breakfast. This is a 3-week long cure.
Herbal Mix Cure for Kidney Stones
If you are predisposed at making kidney stones then you can try a wonderful herbal mix with horsetail, corn silk and cherry stems. Drink this tea for 3 weeks by making an infusion with 2 tsp. herbal mix per cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups of this tea daily.
Herbal Tea Mix
Make a tea with greater celandine, corn silk, cherry stems, rowan, basil and nettle. Sweeten the tea with honey and add some fresh lemon juice as well. Have 1 tbsp. of olive oil every morning, but rinse your mouth with it well before swallowing it.
Brush your teeth with toothpaste and sodium bicarbonate prior.
Other Natural Treatments for Kidney Stones
- Hot Bath & Beer. Get into the tub or a larger basin with hot water (as hot as you can possibly bare) and while sitting int his water drink 500 ml of natural beer, sip by sip until it’s all gone. This remedy helps you eliminate kidney stones right away in the bathwater.
- Incense Remedy. Have 1 natural incense grain every morning, 1 hour before breakfast for 7 days in a row. Don’t chew on it because incense is really corrosive and can damage your teeth. This idea could be the basis of this folk remedy, that incense is so corrosive that can even break down and eliminate kidney stones from your body.
- Juniper Oil Cure. Have 2-4 drops of juniper oil 3 times per day with 1 tsp. of sugar or honey (even better). Juniper oil is highly recommended with kidney diseases, in dissolving kidney stones and eliminating kidney sand, as well as with urethritis.
- Black Radish Remedy. Drink 1 shot of black radish brandy every morning, 2 hours before breakfast for 7 days in a row. Do not extend this remedy for more than 7 days.
- Lemon Drink Cure. Wash well one lemon and cut it into fine pieces with the peel on. Boil the lemon in 1 L of water on medium heat until the liquid drops to a quarter. Drink this liquid in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast.
Diet Recommendations for Kidney Stones
Besides one or more of these natural remedies, you should take good care at what you eat and your lifestyle in general. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies!
- Avoid: liver, kidney, brain, spices, spirits, coffee, Russian teas, sauces, fish and spinach.
- Fruits that you can eat: blueberries, gooseberries, cherries, currants, wild strawberries, lemons, oranges, pears, watermelon etc
- Vegetables that you can eat: potatoes, cucumbers, onion, green beans, leek, parsnips, radish, lettuce, garlic and celery.
Nature always has a better way for you to treat your conditions and get you back on your feet! Stay healthy, naturally!