We all know that there are no better remedies than the natural treatments the nature has offered us. As well, in the case of skin burns there is a wonderful natural treatment that will fully heal your wound and leave no marks. Burns is a serious emergency and it’s best to go to the hospital if the burn is severe and the pain unbearable.
Still, for milder forms of burn, here are a few handy and quick natural remedies.
In This Article You Will Find:
20 Natural Treatments for Burns
1. Eggs, the Natural Treatment for Burns
Although few people know this, egg yolks and whites are perhaps the best remedies in case of burns, no matter what type of burns. See how you can use eggs to heal burns!
- Eggs & Olive Oil. Perhaps one of the best way to cure burns in no time is to beat the white of an egg thoroughly and mix it with a tablespoon of natural olive oil and grease it unto the burnt place on the body. The first thing you will notice is that the sting is gone and after no more than an hour the redness will also fade away like nothing has happened.
- Boiled Eggs. Boil 20 eggs hard. Take out the boiled egg yolks and put them in a clean enameled pot. Use an new wooden spoon to rub and mix the egg yolks in the pot until you obtain an oil, about 1 shot of liquid. Anoint the burns with this liquid. In a few days the natural scarring process will begin and soon you’ll recover completely.
- Eggs Yolks & Butter. Whisk 6 egg yolks with 6 tsp. of melted butter until you obtain a paste. Soak a sterile gauze in this paste and wrap it around the burnt areas/limbs. Another way to do this is to mix 1 egg yolk with a piece of butter or pork lard, whisk less and apply on the burn. Cover with a sterile gauze and bandage it.
- Egg Whites. Wash well the wound with peroxide with a sterile compress and then apply egg whites on the burn. Use only sterile tools to separate and whisk the egg white and apply it, preferably scalded tools. Let the egg white dry on its own and don’t cover the wound. After it has dried, then you can bandage it loosely. Repeat the procedure twice per day, in the morning and evening.
2. Natural Beeswax & Oil Balm for Burns
- Add 250 ml of sunflower oil in a pan over fire.
- When the oil is heated up, add 100 gr of beeswax broken into small pieces.
- After the wax has completely melted, pour it with great care in a pot filled with 3-4 l of cold water.
- Remove the wax from the water after it has hardened.
- Break the wax into small pieces and put it to melt in another pot, on low heat.
- When the wax has melted, pour in in another pot filled with cold water to harden.
- Repeat the procedure a third time, but the third time don’t pour it into the cold water. When the wax has melted, stir it with a wooden spoon or a spatula until it cools down and turns into a balm.
You’ll get a 500 ml jar of wax that you can keep in the fridge.
- Clean the burns with sanitary alcohol and then apply a layer of this natural balm.
- Apply a plantago leaf over the balm or a plastic foil that you’ve previously sanitized.
Bandage the burns and keep the compress on for the next 24 hours. Repeat the procedure until you’ve healed completely. If you experience itching that’s a good sign that the balm works for you.
3. Sour Cream Balm Remedy for Burns
- Pour 100 ml sunflower oil in a pan and start the fire.
- When has heated up add 2 tbsp. of minced elder branches and temper it just like onion.
- When it has browned throw away the elder and add a walnut-sized beeswax and the same amount of incense to the pan.
- Leave the pan aside to cool down.
- Whisk 2 egg yolks until they foam and add 1 cup of sour cream gradually in.
- Make a paste and the pour it in the pan along the other ingredients.
- Add the paste gradually and mix.
Use this balm to bandage the burns 2-3 times per day. In this time your burn will be healed almost completely. Don’t stick the bandage onto the wound directly.
Read More: 15+ Home Remedies for Sunburn
4. White Lilac Leaves Remedy for Burns
- Put the leaves to boil until the water blackens and then let the water cool down.
- When the leaves are just warm, apply them on the burn surface of skin.
- You don’t necessarily need to disinfect the area before using the leaves, just apply them right away.
- Secure the leaves in place using a sterile gauze.
- Keep them on the burn for the next 24 hours.
Continuously soak the bandage with the water in which you’ve boiled the leaves. Make sure the bandage doesn’t dry out because dried lilac leaves are rather harmful in case of burns. Take the bandage off after the 24 hours.
Along with it, you’ll see that the first layer of burnt skin and burn derbies will come off. The burn will look clean and sterile. If the burn is even more severe, repeat the procedure. You can use either fresh leaves from the tree or even dried ones.
5. Elder Bark Treatment for Burns
For the preparation of this balm you’ll need 1 L of elder bark tea, 250 ml of refined sunflower oil, 3 tbsp. of honey and clean beeswax, the size of a smaller egg.
First, you’ll need to make the tea.
- Pick elder branches, 2-3 cm diameter.
- Wash them well and then peel off their bark.
- Put the bark in a 4 L pot, fill with water and boil until the liquid gets this darker color, close to black.
- Slip the content and leave for the next 2 hours to filter.
- Get 1 L of this tea and pour the other ingredients in it.
- Leave to boil until the quantity drops to half.
- Let is cool aside a bit and then slip through a gauze.
- Keep in a cool place until next day.
Don’t force chill it.
Next day put the hard balm in hand cream boxes and keep in a cool place. Anoint the burnt skin with it until you’re totally healed.
Read More: Home Remedy for Radiation Burn
6. Fresh Meat Heals Burns
Immediately apply fresh poultry meat on the burn. Poultry calms down the itch. When the meat has started to warm up, change it with a fresh piece. Repeat 2-3 times and then anoint the burnt skin with raw pork grease obtained through rendering lard.
Apply over it a powder made of fried rice. Rice makes the skin dry out.
Also, pork skins are amazing with burns. Grind them until you obtain a paste. Apply the paste on the burns and let it heal the wound. You can keep it in the fridge for a little time.
7. Incense Balm Remedy for Burns
Mix together 100 ml of double distilled fruits alcohol with 100 ml refined sunflower oil, 2 tsp. of sugar, 1 walnut-sized piece of beeswax and 2 grains of incense. Place them all in a small pot and put the pot over low heat until the alcohol dissolves all the other ingredients. Stir continuously in all this time. In the end you’ll obtain a balm. Leave the balm aside to cool down on its own.
Before each usage, wash well the area with a herbal infusion. This balm is also good with other skin rashes and conditions, not just burns.
8. Potassium Permanganate Treatment
Immediately after you’ve burnt yourself apply a concentrated solution of potassium permanganate diluted in cold water. The solution needs to be dark purple in color. If your burns are more severe and you also have blisters, dissolve the permanganate in saline solution.
Always use sterile compress. Change the bandage every 2 days and soak them every now and then by pouring some of the solution over them.
9. Beeswax & Butter Burns Remedy
Mix equal quantities of beeswax, natural butter and sunflower oil. First, melt the tea in a pot on bain-marie, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get this creamy consistency. Let the cream cool down on its own and then you’re ready to use it. Spread the balm on a piece of sterile gauze and apply it on the burn. Repeat the procedure until you’re healed completely.
10. Herbal Compress for Burns
Make an infusion with chamomile, yarrow, marigold, St. John’s wort, wormwood or a common comfrey root decoction. Add 4-5 tbsp. of plant per cup of water and boil for 10 minutes. Use the herbal infusions to wash the burns and even as compresses over the affected areas.
11. Apple Cider
Another amazing natural treatment for burns is apple cider washes. If you have I or II degree burns (not more severe) you can dilute apple cider in water and wash well to disinfect the area. This is amazing in sunburns as well. In case of sunburn, apply an apple cider soaked napkin after washing the wound.
12. Propolis Tincture
Pad the affected area with propolis tincture. If you cannot bear the pain, use a pipette to pour propolis tincture drops over the burn.
13. Fresh Urine Treats Burns
Although some may find this remedy for burns rather unsanitary or gross, many have used it successfully. Urine calms down the pain immediately and the wound scars faster and without trace. Urinate in a clean jar and use a cotton pad to anoint the burnt areas with it. That’s it! This is a great natural treatment for burns and miraculous indeed!
14. Honey Heals Burns
Anoint the burn with honey and cover it with a plastic foil, then bandage it to stay in place. Repeat the procedure in the morning and evening. Before doing the procedure, wash well the skin with linden or chamomile tea.
15. Lime Water Balm
Mix 3 tbsp of lime water with other 3 of oil and with a peeled hazelnut tree branch. Make a sort of balm and use it to anoint the burnt skin.
16. Sour Cabbage Leaves
Apply sour cabbage leaves directly on the burnt skin. Change them every half hour and you’ll be healed completely and scar free.
17. Elm Bark Tea Remedy
Make a very concentrated elm bark tea that has the dark-red color to it. Anoint the affected area with this tea and let it dry on its own. Repeat the process from time to time, while staying in a warm place and not cover the burn.
18. Starch Paste Poultice for Burns
Mix starch with a bit of cold water and apply the paste on the burn. Keep it on until the area starts to get warmer and warmer. Renew it 4-5 times.
19. Raw Milk Treatment
Apply fresh raw milk soaked compresses or grated potatoes compresses on the burns.
20. St. John’s Wort Remedy
Macerate St. John’s wort herb in corn oil and then apply the oil on the burns.
Natural Treatment for Hot Water Burns
Prepare this simple chamomile macerate remedy if you’ve burnt yourself with hot water.
- Pour 1 tbsp. of 90° alcohol over 2 tsp. of chamomile, enough to cover the herb.
- Leave 2 hours to macerate and then pour 100 ml of sunflower oil over the mix.
- Boil the solution on bain-marie for the next 3 hours.
- Slip the obtained solution and apply it on the burnt skin several times per day without covering the wounds.
In 3 weeks maximum your hot water burns will vanish and leave no scars.