Looking for a natural treatment for bronchitis? Here you have 24 natural treatments for bronchitis, a dreadful condition that can be treated naturally.
Bronchitis is the inflammation of the bronchi mucosa, usually caused by an infection
It can be chronic or acute, depending on the symptoms. Acute bronchitis is characterized by the appearance of cough, with or without phlegm, a mucosity that is expectorated from the respiratory tract.
Viruses cause about 90% of cases of acute bronchitis, while bacteria are responsible for less than 10% of cases. Either way, following a natural antibiotics treatment should be beneficial to treat the cause of bronchitis.
For this, check out 10 Strongest Natural Antibiotics and How to Use Them.
We highly recommend that you read it. Without further ado, let’s begin.
In This Article You Will Find:
24 Natural Treatments for Bronchitis with Recipes
1. Chamomile & Thyme Remedy for Bronchitis
Steam calm down the irritated bronchi. This is how you can do this naturally.
- Boil 3-4 L of water and add 2 tbsp. of chamomile flowers and 2 tbsp. of thyme in the water.
- Turn off the fire and leave the herbs 10 minutes to soak well in the water.
- Cover your head with a towel and infuse the hot steams for 10 minutes.
- Breathe alternately through your mouth and nose.
- Immediately after you’ve inhaled the steam rest and don’t stay in cold.
2. Horseradish Syrup Treatment for Bronchitis
Horseradish is such an amazing natural treatment for bronchitis, that we have not just one, but 2 ways in which you can use it successfully. Here is how to make horseradish syrup.
- Grate 1 horseradish, add 2 tbsp of honey, mix well and let them stay for a few minutes.
- Strain the content using a gauze until you get all the liquid out.
- That’s the raw horseradish syrup.
- Boil the rests in a bit of water and honey (so that they are covered).
- After they’ve boiled, strain the liquid again and let it cool down.
- Then mix the two liquids together and the horseradish syrup is ready.
Have 2 tbsp per day. This natural treatment for bronchitis is also very efficient in tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis and respiratory conditions.
3. Elder Flowers Treatment for Bronchitis
- Add 5 elder flowers in 1 L of water and make an infusion. Cover the pot with a piece of gauze and let it stay.
After the liquid has cooled down, add 1 Kg of sugar and 1/2 unpeeled lemon, finely chopped.
- Put the pot to boil again and the syrup is ready when the quantity drops to a quarter.
- When the syrup has cooled down, pour it in a dark colored bottle.
- Add 1 tbsp of this natural syrup in a cup of coltsfoot tea.
Have 3 cups of coltsfoot tea daily. Use only 1 tsp. for kids.
4. Cottage Cheese Remedy
Spread the soaked cottage cheese in a 1 cm thick layer on a piece of gauze, right in the middle of the sheet. Fold the margins of the gauze over the cheese.
Apply this compress on your chest and leave in on for 1 hour or 2. If your bronchitis is severe, the cheese will heat up quickly. In this case replace it with fresh cheese, 2-3 times.
This remedy makes phlegm more fluid and has noninflammatory action.
5. Lavender Oil Cure
Dilute the lavender oil in natural sunflower oil, in 1:10 ratio.
Drop 1-2 tsp. of this mix on one sheet of paper or gauze (up to 7 ml). Put the sheet in a plastic bag and warm it up between 2 bottles of warm water.
Take it out of the bad and keep in on your chest overnight. This is a great remedy for kids as well, but for babies 6 months and above you need to wrap the gauze in tin foil.
Also, don’t exceed the 7 ml dosage.
4 Natural Treatment for Bronchiectasis
A Natural Lung Cleansing Treatment
12 Natural Treatments for Pulmonary Conditions
6. Black Radish Treatment for Bronchitis
- Peel a hot and large black radish and finely grate it.
- Put the grated radish in a jar, pour a layer of honey so that it’s covered and leave to macerate for the following 15 days.
- Close the jar tight.
- Have 3-6 tbsp. of this syrup daily.
This remedy helps liquefy the nasal secretions.
7. Onion & Cabbage Syrup
- Finely chop an onion and do the same with 2-3 cabbage leaves.
- Mix them together and sprinkle them well with sugar.
- Leave them to macerate for the next 48 hours.
Have a few tsp of this syrup several times per day.
8. Apple Cider Treatment for Bronchitis
Soak a compress in hot water and then sprinkle a generous amount of apple cider over it and apply it on your chest.
Cover the compress with a plastic wrap. Apple cider helps unclog the upper and lower respiratory passages.
9. Beeswax Bronchitis Remedy
Soak a clean cotton gauze in melted beeswax and let it cool down. You’ll get a wax plaque.
Heat it up mildly with a hair blower and place it on your chest. Cover it with some pillows to keep it warm longer.
Use only natural beeswax.
10. Wood Violet Remedy
Mix 100 gr of fresh or dried wood violets with 400 gr of honey and 300 ml of water.
Boil them together until the liquids starts to have the consistency of a syrup.
Filter and keep in a cold place. Have 2-3 tsp. of this syrup in the evening.
11. Onion Syrup Treatment for Bronchitis
Boil on low heat for 3 hours 500 gr of grated onion, 400 gr of sugar and 50 gr of honey in 1 L of water. Slip and have 1 tsp. of the onion syrup 5-6 times per day.
12. Essential Lemon Oil
Boil 750 ml of water and when it started to boil turn off the fire and add 5 drops of essential lemon oils.
Start inhaling the oils by leaning over the pot with a towel over you head.
13. Colts foot Treatment for Bronchitis
Boil 2-3 coltsfoot leaves in 1/2 L of fresh cow milk.
Add a pinch of fresh pork lard in as well. Drink 1 cup of this milky tea in the night, before bedtime.
14. Thyme Bath for Bronchitis
Boil 400 gr of thyme in 4 L of water for 3-4 minutes. Slip and pour in your bathwater. Relax and enjoy this simple remedy!
15. Remedy for Bronchitis with Spices
Mix together 1 tsp. of cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, nutmeg and clove. Add 3 tsp of raw sugar in the mix and mix until you get a fine powder.
Have 1 tsp. of this powder mixed with honey twice a day.
16. Oils Cure
Friction your chest area with a mix of warm olive oil, lemon, garlic and scented lavender oil or eucalyptus oil.
17. Natural Treatment for Bronchitis with Chives
- Peel 40 chive bulbs and wash them thoroughly and scald them in hot water in a pot.
- When they have softened drain the water and mash the chives until they turn into a paste.
- Gradually add 500 ml of natural cold pressed olive oil over the paste like when you want to make a mayonnaise, mixing continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Have a teaspoon of this composition every morning before breakfast and in the evening before dinner.
If you wish this natural treatment to be even more efficient, you could try another natural remedy and do the two in parallel.
18. Barley Remedy for Bronchitis
Take 20 g or barley, thoroughly wash it and put it to boil in 1 liter of water until it is cooked and the water has dropped to half. Drain and drink the obtained liquid during one day instead of water.
Follow this natural treatment for bronchitis for three months after which you shall stop for 10 days and if the bronchitis is still minds you, undertake it again.
19. Garlic Soup Cure
Add 2 garlic cloves in a cup of cold milk. Boil the milk for 20 minutes and then drink it as hot as you can bare. You can use onion instead of garlic and boil 3 onions in 500 ml of water. Slip, sweeten with honey and drink.
20. Cabbage Decoction
Boil 60 gr of cabbage in 500 ml of water for 1 hour. Afterwards, mix with 70 gr of honey. Have 2 tbsp, three times per day, 15 minutes before the meals of the day.
21. Horseradish & Honey Natural Treatment for Bronchitis
Finely grate 100 g of radish and mix it with 100 g of honey. Pour the mix in a small jar, seal it and wrap the jar in bread sourdough. Put the jar in an oven tray and bake it for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
Have 1 tbsp. of this syrup 3-4 times per day. Eat the bread as well.
22. Corn Cure
Drink the water resulted from boiling corn in long cures. If you also find it had to breath, have this oatmeal remedy. Boil 1 handful of oatmeal in 1 L of water with a lid on. Add 3 tbsp. of honey and the juice of one lemon. Drink 1 cup every morning on an empty stomach.
23. Onion Decoction Remedy
Cut 3-4 onions into quarters and boil them for 10 minutes in 500 ml of water. Slip and drink all the liquid during the day in shot glasses. In most cases the three months treatment is enough to see some amazing result and enjoy a great health state again.
24. Fresh Juice Cure
Drink 2 cups per day of cabbage, carrots and beetroot before the meals. Drink the juice immediately after you’ve made it.