Looking for natural treatments for bloating and gas? Continue reading this article and find out what they are.
Before we get to the simple natural treatments for bloating and gas below, we have to say that this issue is most often caused by a deficient diet, leading to toxicity buildup feeding pathogens in the intestinal tract. In addition to the best natural treatments for bloating and gas that are still used in Eastern Europe, we also recommend a few dietary changes, as you will see by the end of this article. Let’s get to the natural remedies for bloating and gas.
6 Natural Treatments for Bloating and Gas
1. Peppermint Remedy for Bloating and Gas
What you need to do is to have a simple peppermint tea before the meals of the day. Prepare the tea by steeping two teaspoons of dried mint leaves in 200 ml of boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink the tea at least three times a day. There’s no harm in having more than three cups of this tea a day. Most people have amazing results after drinking peppermint tea and feel amazing. This is one of the best natural treatments for bloating and gas.
2. Anise & Walnuts Natural Treatments for Bloating and Gas
Perhaps the most effective remedy for bloating that can be also used by children is the easy-to-make anise tea. Pour 250 ml of hot water over 1 tsp of crushed anise seeds. Leave the tea to infuse for 10 minutes covered with a lid. Have 1 cup of tea after each meal. Anise has some powerful essential oils that soothe intestinal cramps and stimulates the proper digestion of fats.
In addition to the anise tea, the gemmotherapy products of walnut and maple are amazing for bloating. We’re talking about walnut bud extract and maple bud extracts. Have 50 drops of walnut bud extract and 30 drops of maple bud extract in your anise tea, three times a day. These are some of the best natural treatments for bloating and gas.
3. Powerful Herbal Mix Tea for Bloating
Combine together 1 tsp each of the following 4 herbs: basil herb, marjoram herb, thyme herb, and caraway seeds. Pour 500 ml of hot water over the herbal blend, steep for 10 minutes covered. Strain and drink the infusion throughout the day. You can make the tea even more concentrated if the bloating is more severe and painful. In this instance, add caraway seeds to every meal that you have: in salads, and soups, or eat them raw. Have as many caraway seeds as you possibly can throughout the day. Daily enemas can also help if you do them for at least 10 days. These herbs are some of the best natural treatments for bloating and gas.
4. Sour Cabbage, the Natural Cure for Gas
Eat sour cabbage or sauerkraut as a salad with a bit of olive oil and a few caraway seeds (this is a must). You can also add ground flax seeds and pumpkin seeds to the salad as well. In addition, have a tbsp of olive oil after each meal. The juice resulting from sour cabbage is also amazing. Drink 1-2 cups of this juice early in the morning or when you have painful bloating. Sour cabbage juice has powerful effects on the digestive tract, cleansing it completely from the residues deposited on the intestinal walls, which makes this one of the most effective natural treatments for bloating and gas.
5. Wheat Bran Remedy for Bloating and Gas
Scald 2 tsp of wheat bran in 250 ml of hot milk. Leave the wheat bran to soak for 30 minutes, then strain the milk and drink it warm on an empty stomach, early in the morning. Have another cup of the same milk infusion in the evening, 2-3 hours after the last meal of the day. Continue the cure for 1 full month.
6. Prunes Remedy for Gas
In addition to being a great remedy for constipation, dried prunes make also a great against bloating and gas. Soak a handful of dried plums in 2 cups of water for 12 hours, or overnight. Eat the hydrated prunes and then drink the water in which they’ve soaked too. Choose from one or more of the remedies here (sour cabbage, wheat bran milk, and dried prunes) and see which one works best for you. Stick with the one that has helped you solve or alleviate your bloating and gas problem.
Natural Ways to Prevent Bloating and Gas
In addition to the natural treatments for bloating and gas above, here are other things you can do to improve your digestion. First and foremost, focus on changing the eating habits that cause the painful bloating and unpleasant gas. This is what you can do in this regard.
- Reduce dairy from your diet, as well as meat, deli, saturated fats, fast-food, spicy foods, sugar, sweets as well as coffee.
- Reduce the consumption of white bread as well as white flour-based products. Or at least go for organic flour instead of conventional one loaded with glyphosate.
- Use natural raw salt instead of additive-filled table salt.
- Eat as many fresh fruits as possible, but only 30/60 minutes before meals and not at the same time with other foods as fruits ferment in the stomach, and when combined with other foods they create bloating and gas.
- Have plenty of steamed veggies, sprouted cereals, and whole oats.
- Drink liquids only 20-25 minutes before having a meal and an hour after, but never during a meal! Especially cold drinks stop digestion and can create bloating and gas.
- Drink 2-3 liters of liquids a day, mostly flat water and the herbal healing teas recommended above.
- Chew your food slowly and very well before swallowing.
Read Also: 7 Home Remedies for Flatulence
If you often suffer from indigestion and bloating, try one or more of the simple natural treatments for bloating and gas from nature’s garden. These remedies for bloating and gas are still used in parts of Central and Eastern Europe to revitalize the digestive tract, restore the gut flora, and improve digestion. Let us know in the comments below what remedies for bloating and gas have worked for you. Stay healthy, naturally!