If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for asthma, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
It is said that during the world wars, the Germans used to keep chocolate bars in their pockets, and ate two pieces whenever they had an asthma attack. Although this sounds delicious, we’re not sure it’s true. However, we have here some amazing natural treatments for asthma that people in Eastern Europe have used to heal from this annoying condition with. Let’s get to the remedies.
In This Article You Will Find:
20 Natural Treatments for Asthma
1. Amazing Natural Treatments for Asthma with Garlic
Garlic is one of the best natural remedies for asthma, if not THE best. This is why, we have not just one, but 4 amazing natural treatments for asthma with garlic that you can make at home. Here they are.
- Garlic Tincture Remedy. Combine two crushed cloves of garlic with 500 ml of natural unrefined vegetable oil into a simple ointment. Apply to the chest area. Another natural remedy for asthma with garlic is the following. Put one clove of garlic into a small jar filled with 90 degrees alcohol for a week period of time. Strain and pour into a small amber bottle. Soak a soft gauze into boiling water and then pour a few drops of the garlic tincture over it and place it over the chest area. Leave it on for 30 minutes and take it off.
- Garlic Oil Poultice. Crush two garlic cloves and combine them with 500 ml of sunflower oil. Apply the garlic oil to the soles of your feet and on your spine, massaging the areas gently.
- Garlic Alcohol Cure for Asthma. Cut one garlic head into slices and macerate it in 3 liters of natural fruit alcohol (plums are best) for 15 days in a large glass jar. Shake the jar daily. Strain through a cheesecloth. When you have an asthma attack soak a sugar cube in this garlic tincture and suck on it.
- Sage & Garlic Infusion. Prepare a quick infusion with 5 g of raw garlic, 5 g of lemon (peels and all), and a pinch of dried sage. Scald in 1 liter of water and drink 2 cups daily.
- Garlic & Hyssop Remedy. Simmer a handful of hyssop herb and two minced garlic cloves in 1 liter of water on low heat for 20 minutes. Drink the entire quantity in a day. Continue for 21 days straight.
6. Natural Treatments for Asthma with Coltsfoot
Coltsfoot is such an amazing asthma remedy that you can use it both internally and externally. We will share with you both ways in which you can use it. Here is an external use of this herb.
Make an infusion with two handfuls of fresh coltsfoot flowers in 1 liter of water. You can pick coltsfoot yourself. It is the first plant to grow and bloom in spring and it grows in clayey, rocky, or hard soil. It has beautiful yellow flowers. That’s what you’re gunning for. With this infusion make inhalations 2-3 times a day. Make this remedy even more effective, by drinking 1 cup of fresh carrot juice daily.
The second remedy with coltsfoot is a wonderful tea that you can use topically. Combine 1 tsp of coltsfoot with 1.5 tsp of plantain flowers, 1 tsp of thyme, and 1/2 tsp of rosehip berries. Simmer 2 tsp of this herbal blend in 250 ml of hot water. Steep for 10 minutes, strain, and sweeten with honey. Have 2 cups of this tea daily and say bye-bye to asthma attacks! These are some of the most effective natural treatments for asthma attacks with herbs.
7. Thyme & Plantain Natural Treatments for Asthma
Simmer one peeled slice of lemon in 1 cup of cold water and 1 tsp of brown sugar for 1 minute and take it off the fire. Now you’re ready to add 1 tsp of a blend of thyme and plantain (equal amounts). If you use fresh herbs, let them soak for 1 minute, but if they’re dry leave them a bit longer, let’s say 1-2 minutes. Have 4-5 cups of this infusion throughout the day. Drink the tea as hot as possible and immediately after you’ve prepared it.
Thyme is amazing with asthma. Have 2-3 cups of thyme tea daily made with 1 tsp of herb per 1 cup of water. These two herbs together are some of the most effective natural treatments for asthma.
8. Natural Treatments for Asthma with Onion
Onion is a natural antiviral and antibiotic, which is the reason why onion is one of the most powerful natural treatments for asthma. Here is how to use it. Pour 500 ml of hot white wine over 200 g of chopped onions. Let the onion and wine macerate for the next 24 hours and then add 100 g of raw honey. Drink 1 cup of this onion remedy between meals and another one before bedtime. Do this treatment 3 weeks out of a month, unil you see improvements.
In case of a severe asthma attack, bake a few onions, crush them and apply them as cataplasms on the soles of your feet. It’s best to do this in the early stages of the asthma attach, or before it unfolds. Another onion remedy for asthma is this one with honey. Have 1 tsp raw honey mixed with 1/2 tsp of fresh onion juice a few times a day. Follow these natural treatments for asthma together if you wish.
9. Flax Seeds Cure for Asthma
Fill a gauze sachet with 125 g of flaxseeds and close it. Soak the bag in 400 ml of water and bring the water to a boil on medium heat. Leave to simmer until you obtain a sticky liquid. Remove from the fire and leave to cool down. Add the juice of 3 lemons and 400 g of raw honey to the decoction and pour everything into an amber glass bottle. Seal the bottle and leave to macerate for 2-3 days and then it’s ready for use. Have 1 tsp of this delicious medicine before the main meals. This is one of the best natural treatments for asthma attacks.
10. Mistletoe Remedy for Asthma
Chew a small mistletoe leaf three times a day or hold 1 tsp of mistletoe powder under the tongue for 15 minutes and then swallow it down with 1 cup of water. Have this remedy once a day. It has been scientifically noted that mistletoe leaves dilute the bronchial secretions, relieve spasms, and increase the body’s resistance to stress factors that trigger asthma attacks. This is why mistletoe powder is one of the best natural treatments for asthma.
11. Horse-Heal Root Remedy
Make a infusion with horse-heal root by adding 30 g of plant in 1 liter of cold water. Leave to macerate for 1 hour, then bring to a boil. Turn the heat off and steep the tea for 10 minutes. Drink 1 cup before each meal (3/day in total). This herbal tea is one of the most powerful natural treatments for asthma. You can find horse-heel root below.
12. Peppermint Inhalations for Asthma
In order to clear the bronchi, make inhalations with peppermint leaves. Add 1 handful of mint leaves to a basin or pot and pour hot water over the leaves. You can also add 4-5 drops of peppermint essential oil as well (therapeutic grade). Do these inhallations daily.
13. Propolis Tincture Remedy for Asthma
Have 5-10 drops of propolis tincture on a piece of bread 3-4 times a day. Alongside, drink as many herbal teas as possible, such as fir bud and plantain teas, or plantain and coltsfoot syrup and you’ll get rid of it completely. Propolis together with these herbs makes one of the best natural treatments for asthma.
14. Chives Remedy for Asthma
Simmer 40 chive heads until they soften down. Strain the water and pour 1/2 liter of virgin olive oil over the boiled chives. Mix and stir the ingredients until you get a paste. Have 2 tbsp of the chives paste daily, one in the morning and the other in the evening.
2 Folk Remedies for Asthma with Pork Lard
Fir Resin Balm Asthma Remedy
Drink one cup of oregano tea sweetened with 1 tbsp of linden honey every day. Then apply the fir resin balm to the chest and neck are. Make the fir resin balm as follows. Mix 100 g of pork lard, 1 walnut-sized piece of beeswax, and the same amount of fir resin. Melt them together on a double boiler while mixing. Leave to cool down a little bit, and then pour in a glass cream container. Apply in a thin layer while warm on the chest, as close to the neck as possible. Use it twice a week and necessarily, warm it up before each use.
Green Apples Paste Remedy for Asthma
Boil 8 grated green apples in 500 g of pork lard on low heat until you obtain a pasty consistency. Remove the pot from the fire, add 10 raw egg yolks and one cup of honey. Combine all the ingredients well and leave to cool down. Have 4-5 tbsp of this paste on a piece of rye bread every day along with a cup of warm goat or cow’s milk. Keep the paste in the fridge. Yummy and healthy. These are two very old natural treatments for asthma from Eastern Europe.
Read Also: 3 Home Remedies for Allergic Asthma
5 Natural Treatments for Asthma Attack Prevention
If you want to prevent asthma attacks naturally, use one or more of the simple natural treatments for asthma below.
- Sage Cigars. Grind 30 g of dried sage and make 20 cigars or put the sage in a pipe and smoke it. You’ll love this remedy, especially if you’re a smoker. If you don’t smoke, try the garlic and sage infusion at the begining of the article. However, sage cigars are amazing for asthma.
- Common Agrimony Tea. Add 1 tsp of common agrimony in 1 cup of boiling water and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and have 3 cups of this tea daily between meals. You’ll see the asthma attacks are less violent and less frequent than usual, due to this simple tea.
- Thyme Cure for Asthma Attacks. Add one teaspoon of dried and minced thyme into a cup of boiling water and let it cool down. Have 2 or 3 cups of thyme tea a day to overcome the unwanted asthma attacks.
- Velvetleaf Tea (Abutilon theophrasti). Make an infusion of 1 tsp of velvetleaf herb per cup of boiling water and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and have 3 cups a day of this naturally sweet tea.
- Caffeine Remedy for Asthma Attacks. If you find yourself in a crisis situation in which you are are missing your inhaler, get into a pub, and order two strong coffees. A recent Canadian study said that caffeine weakens bronchial obstruction and helps you breathe easier. However, don’t abuse this remedy, since it has its side effects. Dark chocolate can also work.
Read Also: 3 Remedies for Dust Allergy
We are confident that you’ve found here plenty of natural treatments for asthma and simple remedies for asthma attacks that can help. These remedies have been collected from parts of Central and Eastern Europe and we have gathered them here for you. Let us know in the comments below what has helped you heal from asthma. Stay healthy, naturally!