If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for asthma, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
It is said that during the world wars, the Germans used to keep chocolate bars in their pockets and when they suffered from an asthma attack they ate two pieces of chocolate. Although this sounds delicious, we’re not sure it’s true. However, we have here some amazing natural treatments for asthma that people have used to heal from this annoying condition with. Let’s get into the remedies.
20 Natural Treatments for Asthma
1. Amazing Natural Treatments for Asthma with Garlic
Garlic is one of the best natural remedies for asthma, if not THE best. This is why, we have not just one, but 4 amazing natural treatments for asthma with garlic that you can make at home. Here they are.
- Garlic Tincture Remedy. You`ll need two crushed cloves of garlic and 500 ml natural unrefined vegetable oil to prepare this amazing ointment. Mix the two together and anoint the chest with this mixture. Another natural remedy for asthma using garlic is the following. Soak one clove of garlic into a small jar filled with 90 degrees alcohol for a week period of time. Soak a soft gauze into boiling water and then pour a few drops of the garlic tincture over it and place it over your chest area. Let it stay there for 30 minutes and then you can take it off.
- Garlic Oil Poultice. Crush two garlic cloves and mix them with 500 ml of natural sunflower oil. Apply the garlic oil on the soles of your feet and on your spine, massaging the areas slightly.
- Garlic Alcohol Cure for Asthma. Cut into slices one garlic head and macerate it for the next 15 days in 3 L of natural fruit alcohol (plums is best). Shake it daily and when the time comes, filter through a cheesecloth. When you have an asthma attack soak a sugar cube in this garlic tincture and suck on it.
- Sage & Garlic Infusion. Prepare a quick infusion with 5 gr of garlic, 5 gr lemon (peels and all), and a pinch of sage. Scald in 1 L of water and drink 2 cups daily.
- Garlic & Hyssop Remedy. Boil a handful of hyssop herb and two minced garlic cloves in 1 L of water on low heat for 20 minutes. Drink the entire quantity in a day. Continue the garlic and hyssop cure for 21 days straight.
6. Coltsfoot Natural Treatments for Asthma
Coltsfoot is such an amazing asthma remedy that you can use it both internally and externally. We will share with you both ways in which you can use it, and kindly recommend them both to you.
Here is an external use of this herb. Make an infusion with two handfuls of fresh coltsfoot flowers per 1 L of water. You can pick coltsfoot yourself. It is the first plant to grow and bloom in spring and it grows in clayey, rocky, or hard soil. It has beautiful yellow flowers. That’s what you’re gunning for. With this infusion make inhalations 2-3 times per day. Make this remedy even more effective with 1 cup of fresh carrot juice daily.
The second remedy with coltsfoot is a wonderful tea. For this mix 1 tsp. of coltsfoot with 1.5 tsp. of plantain flowers, 1 tsp. of thyme and 1/2 tsp. of rosehip berries. Simmer 2 tsp. of this mix into 250 ml of hot water. Let them infuse for 10 minutes, strain, and sweetened with honey. Have 2 cups of this tea daily and say bye-bye to asthma attacks! These are some of the most effective natural treatments for asthma attacks with herbs.
7. Thyme & Plantain Natural Treatments for Asthma
Boil 1 cup of cold water together with one slice of lemon (without the peel) and 1 tsp. of brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute and take it off the fire. Now you’re ready to add 1 tsp of the thyme and plantain herbal mix. If you use fresh plants, let them soak in for 1 minute, but if they’re dry leave them a bit longer, let’s say 1-2 minutes. Have 4-5 cups throughout the day. Drink the tea as hot as possible and immediately after you’ve prepared it. Thyme is amazing with asthma. Have 2-3 cups of thyme tea daily made with 1 tsp. of herb per 1 cup of water. These two herbs together are some of the most effective natural treatments for asthma.
8. Onion Natural Treatments for Asthma
Onion is a natural antiviral and antibiotic, which is the reason why onion is why here is one of the most powerful natural treatments for asthma. Here is how to use it. Pour 500 ml of hot white wine over 200 gr of chopped onions. Let the onion and wine macerate for the next 24 hours and then add 100 gr of raw honey. Drink 1 cup of this onion remedy between meals and another one before bedtime. This is 3 weeks/month treatment.
In case of a severe asthma attack, bake a few onions, crush them and use them as cataplasms on the soles of your feet. It’s best to do this in the incipient stages of the crisis before it unfolds. Another onion remedy for asthma is the one with honey. Have 1 tsp raw honey mixed with 1/2 tsp. of fresh onion juice several times per day. Follow the natural treatments for asthma alongside if you wish.
9. Flax Seeds Cure for Asthma
Add 125 gr of flaxseeds in a clean gauze sachet and close it. Add the bag to 400 ml of water and bring the water to a boil on medium heat. Leave to boil until you obtain a sticky liquid. Then take it off the fire and leave to cool down. Add the juice of 3 lemons and 400 gr of raw honey in the liquid and pour everything into a dark-colored glass jar. Seal the jar and leave to macerate for 2-3 days and then it’s ready. Have 1 tsp. of this delicious medicine before the main meals. One of the best natural treatments for asthma attacks.
10. Mistletoe Remedy for Asthma
Chew a small mistletoe leaf three times per day or hold 1 tsp. of mistletoe powder under your tongue for 15 minutes and then drink 1 cup of water and swallow it. Have this remedy once a day. It has been scientifically noted that mistletoe leaves dilute the bronchial secretions, relieve spasms, and increase the body’s resistance to stress factors that trigger asthma attacks. This is why mistletoe powder is one of the best natural treatments for asthma.
11. Horse-Heal Root Remedy
Make a decoction with horse-heal root by adding 30 gr of plant per 1 L of cold water. Leave to macerate for 1 hour, then place the pot over the fire and bring to a boil. Then let it infuse for another 10 minutes. Drink 1 cup before each meal. One of the most powerful natural treatments for asthma. You can find horse-heel root below.
12. Mint Inhalations for Asthma
In order to clear the bronchi, make inhalations with mint leaves. Add 1 handful of mint leaves in a basin and pour hot water over the leaves. You may add 4-5 drops of mint leaves essential oil as well (therapeutic grade).
13. Propolis Tincture Cure
Have 5-10 drops of propolis tincture on a piece of bread 3-4 times per day. Also, drink as many herbal teas as possible, such as fir bud, and plantain, or plantain and coltsfoot syrup and you’ll get rid of it completely. Propolis together with these herbs makes one of the best natural treatments for asthma.
14. Chives Remedy for Asthma
Simmer 40 chive heads until they soften down. Strain the water and pour 1/2 L of virgin olive oil over the chives. Mix and stir the ingredients until you get a paste. Have 2 tbsp. of this paste daily, one in the morning and the other in the evening.
2 Folk Remedies for Asthma with Pork Lard
Fir Raisin Balm Asthma Remedy
Have one cup of oregano tea sweetened with 1 tbsp of linden honey every day. Then make the fir raisin salve as follows. Mix 100 gr pork lard, 1 walnut-sized beeswax, and the same amount of fir raisin. Melt them together on a double boiler and mix while at it. Let the ointment cool down a little bit. Apply in a thin layer while warm on the chest, as close to the neck as possible. Use it twice a week and necessarily, warm it up when using it.
Read Also: 3 Home Remedies for Allergic Asthma
Green Apples Paste Remedy for Asthma
Boil on low heat 8 grated green apples in 500 gr of pork lard until you obtain a pasty consistency. Remove the pot off the fire and add 10 fresh egg yolks in as well as 1 cup of honey. Mix well all the ingredients in and leave to cool down. Have 4-5 tbsp. of this paste on rye bread every day along with a cup of warm goat or cow milk. Keep the paste in the fridge and have as much goat or cow milk as possible while at this cure. Yummy and healthy. These are two effective natural treatments for asthma, indeed.
5 Natural Treatments for Asthma Attack Prevention
If you wish to prevent asthma attacks, follow the simple natural treatments for asthma as follows.
- Sage Cigars Treatment. Grind 30 g of dried sage and make 20 cigars or put them in a pipe and smoke it. You’ll love this remedy, especially if you’re a smoker. If you don’t smoke, try the garlic and sage remedy above. However, sage cigars are amazing for asthma.
- Common Agrimony Tea. Scald 1 tsp. of common agrimony per 1 cup of boiling water then let it infuse for 10 minutes and slip. Have 3 cups of this tea daily between the meals. You’ll see the asthma attacks are less violent and less frequent as usual, due to this simple tea.
- Thyme Cure for Asthma Attacks. Add one teaspoon of dried and minced thyme into a cup of boiling water and let it cool down. Have 2 or 3 cups of thyme tea a day and you’ll overcome the unwanted asthma attacks.
- Velvetleaf Tea (Abutilon theophrasti). Make an infusion of 1 tsp. of plant per cup of water and leave it to stay for 10 minutes. Strain well and have 3 cups per day of this naturally sweet tea.
- Caffeine Remedy for Asthma Attacks. If you find yourself in a crisis situation in which you are in the town and have left your inhaler at home, get into a pub, and order two strong coffees.
A recent Canadian study said that caffeine weakens bronchial obstruction and helps you breathe easier. However, don’t abuse this remedy, since it has its side effects. Dark chocolate can also work!
Read Also: 3 Remedies for Dust Allergy
We are confident that you’ve found here plenty of natural treatments for asthma and remedies for asthma attacks so that you can heal completely from them. Have faith and be strong!