If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for allergic asthma, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Allergic asthma is closely related to the immune system. The role of the immune system is to protect the body from germs such as bacteria and viruses. In the case of allergies, the immune system will also protect the body from harmful substances including animal hairs or dust.
In actuality, 60% of all asthma cases are allergic reactions.
We have here some effective home remedies for allergic asthma that you can try. But first, let’s look more into the most common allergic asthma symptoms and triggering factors for asthma.
Allergic Asthma Symptoms
The symptoms of allergic asthma are pretty similar to those of asthma in general. The most common symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath (feeling of “breathlessness”)
- Rapid breathing
- Chest tightness
Allergic Asthma Triggers
The most common allergens that aggravate allergic asthma are:
- Hair or feathers of animals
- Heavily polluted air
Some people can have allergic reactions after touching or ingesting allergenic substances. This kind of exposure rarely triggers the usual symptoms of allergic asthma but can cause an anaphylactic shock. This is a life-threatening situation that requires emergency medical help. There are certain substances that can trigger allergic asthma attacks, namely: cigarette smoke, air pollution, cold, heavily scented substances (perfumes). Now that we know what causes and what aggravates asthma, here are the most powerful home remedies for allergic asthma.
3 Home Remedies for Allergic Asthma
Your doctor may recommend certain tests that can determine which are the allergens that cause the reaction. The home remedies for allergic asthma below have proved to work for a great number of people. However, we advise you to consult a naturist doctor first.
1. Quail Eggs Remedy for Allergic Asthma
The first home remedy for allergic asthma is the 240 quail eggs cure. This remedy has helped many asthmatic patients reduce their allergy medication and eventually ditch them completely. Here is what you can do:
- Have 5 raw quail eggs every morning on an empty stomach.
- Continue the cure for 48 consecutive days, until you have consumed a total of 240 quail eggs.
Pause and resume after some time, only if needed. It is very important that you don’t eat anything 2 hours after having the quail eggs. Alcohol consumption is not recommended during the cure. This is one of the best home remedies for allergic asthma.
2. Home Remedy for Allergic Asthma with Carob
A very simple way to control the symptoms of allergic asthma is this home remedy with carob. Carob is an edible pod from a flowering shrub native to the Mediterranean region, a popular caffeine-free alternative to cocoa powder. This remedy is simple. All you have to do is:
- Add 3 tsp of carob syrup to a cup of water.
- Mix well and drink whenever you have any allergic reactions.
Even better, have a carob “coffee” by adding 1 tsp carob powder to 100 ml of hot water. Stir and drink warm. As simple as it sounds, this is one of the most effective home remedies for allergic asthma.
3. Swimming, a Sure Remedy for Allergies
Some people have managed to treat the condition for good with swimming. The recommended swimming “dose” to overcome asthma is 2 hours of swimming, twice a week. After a couple of months of the swimming regimen, you will see the coughing and other allergic reactions are gone for good. According to some patients, after they have stopped swimming, the allergic symptoms returned. However, once they resumed a regular swimming routine, the allergic reactions were again gone. Hence, swimming is one of the best home remedies for allergic asthma or public pool remedies.
Science has yet to explain how swimming works for allergic asthma, but it does and if you enjoy swimming and/or have a swimming pool nearby that you can do regularly, add this to your personal health goals list. Swimming is one of the best home remedies for allergic asthma and is also very fun.
How to Improve Allergic Asthma Symptoms – 5 Tips
- Stay indoors as much as possible during springtime, when the amount of pollen in the air is high. Avoid opening the windows during the day, instead, filter the air using an air conditioner or an air purifier. You can read also our home remedy for pollen allergy article.
- Remove dust mites by frequently shaking and airing the pillows and the mattress, and avoid household items that gather a lot of dust (eg. carpets and curtains). We invite you to read also our article on 3 home remedies for dust allergy.
- Use anti-allergic bed sheets and pillows and wash the bedding once a week in hot water.
- Use a dehumidifier to fix the excess humidity problem if the allergy is caused by mold. When wiping mold, use a special mold cleaner without rubbing it, because rubbing can spread the mold spores. Check for any water pipe leaks, they can be a hidden source of mold.
- If you are allergic to animal hair, keep your pets away from the bedroom.