Clogged nose is a bummer, especially when you can’t have a good night sleep. A clogged nose is very common cold or flu symptom, so you may want to check our article Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu. Or see how you can get rid of cold fast with natural remedies.
If you have recently experienced a cold or a flu and are now stuck with a clogged nose, follow this natural treatment for clogged nose based on natural and simple ingredients. This natural remedy is highly recommended for those who suffer from sinusitis, cold or allergy as well, so keep an open mind regarding it.
Read More: Natural Treatment for Stuffy Nose
Eucalyptus Oil, The Natural Treatment for Clogged Nose
This remedy uses eucalypt essential oil a natural disinfectant and decongestant. Eucalyptus oil also has emollient properties, meaning that it eliminates bacteria and viruses that caused the inflammation.
Unlike the allopath nose drops in the drug stores, eucalyptus oil does not dry the nostrils. Even more important, it doesn’t cause addictive. So, let’s begin.
- Put ¼ of a teaspoon of coarse salt and 5 drops of eucalypt oil in a small bottle with cap.
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine the ingredients. This will activate their healing properties.
- Open the bottle and inhale on one nostril first. Then inhale on other one to unclog them one at a time.
ATTENTION! This natural treatment is NOT recommended to pregnant women or women who breastfeed.
Read More: 4 Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion
We kindly recommend to you this natural treatment for clogged nose, but there are a few things that you can do.
- Smoking causes irritations to the nasal mucosa, as well as to the sinuses. It is not recommended at all when you have a clogged nose.
- Make sure the air in the house is moist enough for preventing respiratory infections, including sinusitis. Use an electric humidifier especially during winter time.
Well, follow this utterly simple natural treatment for clogged nose and take good care of your health, to prevent rather than treat these types of problems.