Ozena, also known as chronic atrophic rhinitis, is a rare disorder of the nasal passages.
Ozena is more common in people living in arid regions where there’s little to no humidity and high temperatures. It is often times the result of a untreated infection that had lead to complications.
The disease is characterized by the atrophy of the nasal pyramid and of the lining that coats the inside of the nostrils and, including the nerve endings at this level.
- Endocrine imbalance (as suggested by its onset at puberty and frequency in women);
- Nutritional deficiencies (Vitamins A and D and iron deficiency mostly);
- Prolonged infection (Klebsiella ozaenae, Diphteroides, E.coli, Syphilis, Leprosy, Rhinoscleroma etc);
Atrophic rhinitis (Ozena) can also be the result of chronic purulent sinusitis, or radiotherapy treatment of the cephalic extremity.
No matter where you live around the globe, we have a natural remedy for ozena that everybody can use successfully. Here we go!
Neti Pot, the Natural Remedy for Ozena
Nasal washes are a very good remedy for ozena. They are highly effective if you use salted warm water, or a saline solution.
- Pour the salty water into the palm of your hand and inhale through the nose.
- Eliminate the sale water through your mouth.
If you find this procedure difficult to do, get yourself a neti pot. If you find a ceramic neti pot, that’s even better.
This remedy is efficient for those who wake up with a sore and dry throat or a clogged nose without being sick.
- Use a cotton but to smear the interior of your nostrils with seabuckthorn oil.
Still, this remedy for ozena can ameliorate the condition help you live a better life.