Perhaps the most common type of anemia, iron deficiency anemia is the more common in women than men and it’s characterized by insufficient dietary intake and absorption of iron.
The cause for this is either insufficient production of red blood cells or internal bleeding.
This is the reason why some say that iron deficiency anemia is not a medical condition in itself, but rather an alarming symptom of something happening inside your body: ulcers, hemorrhoids, esophageal varices, colitis or even exposure to toxic substances.
In this regard, you should go for a treatment right away.
Besides the modern medicine, there are other home remedies for this type of anemia that you can try. Here are a few home remedies for iron deficiency anemia that you can use successfully to put an end to this situation.
In This Article You Will Find:
5 Home Remedies for Iron Deficiency Anemia
1. Seabuckthorn, Remedy for Anemia
White Seabuckthorn Tea
- Boil dried beans pods for 3 minutes, turn the fire off and then add white seabuckthorn and nettle in the water.
- Let the herbs infuse for 10 minutes together.
- The perfect ration is 1 tsp. of the herbal mix per 250 ml of water.
- Drink 3 cups of this tea daily, 30 minutes before you eat.
Seabuckthorn Berries Infusion
- Add 1 tsp. of crushed berries into 200 ml of boiling water and let them infuse until the tea is chilled.
- Drink 3 cups per day of this tea, the last one right before bedtime.
- You can use honey to sweeten the tea.
Honeydew is most recommended with iron deficiency anemia because it contains 4 times more iron than regular honey.
2. Mint & Dill Remedy for Iron Deficiency Anemia
Phytotherapy has a lot of tea and decoction based remedies that you can try. They are easy to fix and miraculously effective. Take this herbal bath for instance.
Take warm general baths with mint and dill. Start with warm baths and then hotter and hotter. Use these plants for stomach compress as well. In two weeks you’ll feel so much better!
3. Stinging Nettle Tea Remedy
Stinging nettle is one of the most powerful natural depurative and hematopoietic, that’s why is highly recommended for 1 month spring cure. Make an infusion with ½ tsp. of stinging nettle per ¼ L of water. Let the tea infuse for 10 minutes and then it’s ready to drink. Have the first cup of the before breakfast, another one with 30 minutes before lunch and other 2 throughout the day. Drink it slowly and unsweetened for a more powerful effect.
4. Herbal Tea Cure for Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Add 20 gr of walnut leaves per liter of water.
- Infuse for 15 minutes.
- Drink 1 cup before the main meals, 3 cups in total.
5. Yarrow & Wild Thyme Tea Remedy
Add 30 gr yarrow flower tips per liter of hot water, infuse for 10 minutes and drink 3 cups daily. Add 1 wild thyme twig per cup of hot water and let it infuse for 10 minutes. Drink 3 cups of this tea daily after each meal, never before. This tea isn’t recommended to children!
Natural Remedies for Anemia
Pernicious Anemia Natural Remedy
Home Remedy for Aplastic Anemia
Diet for Iron Deficiency Anemia
Diet is very important in treating iron deficiency anemia because the iron that you need comes from medicine foods. Here is what you need to eat on a regular basis:
- Make a salad with 50 gr of asparagus, 150 gr carrots, 200 gr raw cabbage and lemon juice, 50-100 gr of beetroot, 100 gr raw spinach (before meals) and 50 gr raw stinging nettle.
- Have lots of beetroot, especially raw beetroot, spinach and also cow liver and spleen.
- In order to avoid this condition, have plenty of greens, fresh fruits and veggies, sea food, whole bread and drink as much spring/mineral/flat water as possible.
Cranberries Cure for Anemia
When it’s cranberries season load up with this iron-containing medicine foods. Have 4 tbsp. of cranberries per day. Have 1 before breakfast and 1 before bedtime. You may also have cranberries jam, sauce or alcohol drink. Dried cranberries tea is also amazing.
Have ½ cups of beetroot juice daily after breakfast and dinner, 1 cup per day in total. Beetroot juice is loaded with minerals, phosphorous and iron especially, as well as Vitamin B1, B2 and C.
Fortified Milk for Iron Deficiency Anemia
Another super drink and amazing remedy for iron deficiency anemia is yeast enhanced milk. Mix 500 ml of cow milk with 4 tbsp. fresh yeast, 1 cup of skimmed milk powder and 1 tbsp. of honey. When the honey has dissolved completely add another 500 ml of fresh milk and continue stirring. You’ll get an iron-loaded delicious drink. Have 1 cup of this fortified milk between the meals and another one before bedtime. This is a 20 days long cure, each month.
We hope that you’ve found today not just one, but more amazing home remedies for iron deficiency anemia that will help you get rid of this condition!