If you are looking for the very best natural remedies for staphylococcus infection, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first, let’s talk staph.
Staphylococcus aureus (Staph) infections are very common and can be located in various areas of the body. If not treated properly, a staph infection can become chronic and trigger further complications. If you have been taking long-term antibiotic treatments, your immune system is weakened, which is why the body struggles with the Staph infection, it relapses of the symptoms persist.
Natural products are a reliable help in staph infections, if properly combined and dosed, because they have the power to destroy bacteria, and microbes in the body, while strengthening immunity, and have a long-term positive effect. A natural remedies treatment must be administered over a longer period of time (3-6 months), even if significant improvements occur at the begining of the treatment. This assures no relapses and a complete healing from staph infection. But before we get to the best natural remedies for staphylococcus infection, here are the main symptoms of staph.
Staph Infection Symptoms
Skin infections with staphylococcus have the following general symptoms:
- Pain and redness of the skin (cellulite)
- Painful or itchy blisters, filled with white or yellow liquid that rupture and form a crust (impetigo)
- Painful swelling filled with pus located under the skin (skin abscess)
If the staph infection is located in other parts of the body, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Breast infection: pain, redness, and abscess – is common in mothers who have started breastfeeding for 1-4 weeks (mastitis)
- Lung infection: high fever, dyspnea, coughing up blood in the sputum (pneumonia)
- Blood infection: fever and sometimes a sudden drop in blood pressure – especially in those with severe burns
- Heart valve infection: fever and dyspnea (endocarditis) – can be fatal
- Bone infections: chills, fever, bone pain, redness, and swelling of the skin above the bones (osteomyelitis)
Staphylococcus infection is a serious health condition, so we advise you to consult a doctor if you experience any of these symptoms. Now let’s get to the most effective natural remedies for staphylococcus infection.
10 Natural Remedies for Staphylococcus Infection
In Staphylococcus aureus infections, Echinacea works on two levels. On one hand, it helps treat the staph infection, and on the other hand, it prevents relapse and recurrences. Echinacea is not only one of the top natural remedies for staphylococcus but also one of the most powerful natural immune boosters, and a tremendous natural antibiotic, that works wonders against viral lung infections, strep infections, and many other viral loads.
- You can follow a cure with Echinacea extract, 4-6 capsules per day over the course of 7 days, followed by a 2-day pause. Resume if needed.
2. Wild Oregano
Research has shown that wild oregano extracts are much more active against staphylococci than any currently known antibiotic. And, most interestingly, these studies have been done on staphylococcal strains harvested from people with a hospital-acquired infection, and these strains are most resistant to synthetic antibiotic treatments.
Yes, wild oregano oil and tea are some of the best natural remedies for staphylococcus infection. Drink one liter of wild oregano tea per day for 15-30 days. The infusion is prepared as follows:
- soak 6 teaspoons of powdered wild oregano in 2 cups/500 ml of cold water overnight
- the next morning strain and set aside
- use the strained powder to make a hot tea by scalding it in another half liter of water (2 cups)
- cool and strain
Finally, combine the two infusions, and drink this combined tea in 3-4 rounds, during the day. Wild oregano is also one of the most powerful natural antibiotics there is.
3. Cleavers Herb Powder
Cleavers (Galium aparine) is the less-popular cousin to another fantastic medicinal plant that is lady’s bedstraw (Galium verum). Few people know of the fact that cleavers is one of the best natural remedies for staphylococcus infection due to the fact that it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, stimulates immunity, drains the lymph naturally, and also reduces lymph congestion.
You can follow a cure with cleavers herb powder, by taking 4 teaspoons a day, in 30-day courses. You can also use this powder for skin applications, in the form of a compress, to eliminate staphylococcal infections on the skin level. Cleavers extract is also amazing for staph.
4. Essential Oils
Essential oils are the strongest natural antibiotics, their ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria and to kill it makes them equal in intensity and sometimes even stronger than synthetic antibiotics. Most importantly, staphylococcal strains that have developed resistance to synthetic antibiotics cannot develop resistance to essential oils, as the chemical variety of these oils is so great that pathogens cannot fully adapt to them. These 3 essential oils below are some of the best natural remedies for staphylococcus infections.
- Wild thyme oil (Thymus vulgaris) mixed with lavender oil (Lavandula officinalis) has a very strong action against Staphylococcus aureus infections, located in the respiratory or urinary tract. Mix the two oils in equal proportions and take 5 drops, 4 times a day, for 3 weeks. Dilute each dose in a glass of water and drink right away, so the oils don’t have time to evaporate. You can also take sitting baths with hot water in which you add a few drops of this combination of essential oils for UTIs caused by staphylococci.
- Basil oil (Ocimum basilicum) is especially recommended in staphylococcal infections that affect the respiratory system. Take 3 drops, four times a day, in two-week cures.
You can find all these essential oils below:Table could not be displayed.
5. Healing Mushrooms
Agaricus (Blazei murill) is another one of the top natural remedies for staphylococcus infection used externally. The tincture/extract made from this mushroom can be used with great results on any skin condition, besides a staph infection, namely wounds, burns, skin warts, carcinogenic moles, psoriasis, fungal skin infections, hair regeneration, herpes, shingles, acne, and streptococcus on the skin.
The Agaricus extract can be administered in any form and has no contraindications, except in the case of people who have had organ transplants. Another special healing mushroom is Cordyceps, one of the most powerful natural antibiotics in the world, which kills everything from streptococcus, to pneumococcus, staphylococcus, and other viruses.
6. Purple Loosestrife
According to a German study, purple loosestrife (Lithrum salicaria) contains highly effective natural antibiotics that fight against Staphylococcus aureus, Proteus mirabilis, and Microccocus luteus bacteria. This is one of the top natural remedies for staphylococcus infection, and you can use it as tea. Have 3-4 cups of combined purple loosestrife infusion a day. To make the combined (cold macerate and hot tea) infusion, look at the wild oregano tea above.
A study by a team of researchers from India and Argentina, led by Dr. Gurdip Singh, showed a strong antibiotic action of dill leaves and seeds against staph. Fresh dill leaves juice is an adjunct in treating the Staphylococcus aureus infection. You can drink 100 ml per day, split into two reps, in 2-week cures. Additionally, you can take dill seed oil (4 drops, three times a day). This is one of the most powerful natural remedies for staphylococcus.
Both remedies have strong antibiotic effects, having proven their effectiveness against other bacteria, such as Bacillus cereus or Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Dill (Anethum graveolens) is one of the most powerful natural remedies for staphylococcus infections.
Beware! Dill has stong phytoestrogenic compounds, so consult with a herbal doctor before using it! Not recommended for breastfeeding women or during pregnancy!
8. Silver Thistle Root
Silver thistle (Carlina acaulis) is one of the top natural remedies for Staphylococcus aureus infections that are resistant to other allopathic treatments. Carlina oxide found in the root of this plant, together with the essential oil extracted from this plant are known for their strong antimicrobial action against staph. In addition, it protects the kidneys, prevents bacterial complications (through its antibiotic effect), and normalizes assimilation, which will help the patient recover very quickly.
It is used both internally (in the form of tea, 3 cups a day) and externally. To make the tea, add 1.5-3 g of minced roots in 150 ml of cold water, then bring to a boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes. After another 10 minutes, strain and drink one cup three times a day
For external use, make a decoction with 30-40 g of crushed plant in h 1 L of water. After 15 minutes of rest, strain, and when the tea has cooled to 30-35°C, wash the affected skin areas. You can also use it as a cataplasm. For this, put the roots in hot water, strain, and leave to cool just a little bit. Then and apply them directly to the affected area of the skin, as warm as possible. Cover and keep them on until they have cooled down completely. Silver thistle is no doubt, one of the best natural remedies for staphylococcus.
9. Olive Leaf
Scientifical studies have confirmed that olive leaves have a powerful broad-spectrum antibiotic effect against many bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus, Pseudomonas, mycobacteria, enterococci. More so, the compounds in the olive leaf act as a natural antiviral against influenza viruses and herpes, have antifungal properties (Candida, Aspergillus, Micros Trichophyton), and also antihelmintic effects (dewormer). Indeed, the olive leaf extract is one of the top natural remedies for staphylococcus, and couldn’t have missed from our list.
The oleuropein in olive leaves has the ability to penetrate through the lipoprotein shell of germs thus inhibiting the process of RNA replication. Unlike synthetic antibiotics, they only destroy pathogenic bacteria, but not the commensal ones. Moreover, they increase immunity by directly stimulating phagocyte production. Yes, the olive leaf extract is one of the most powerful natural remedies for staphylococcus.
10. Herbal Salve
The following herbs can help reduce or eliminate the symptoms associated with a staph infection of the skin: birthwort, calendula, and greater celandine. You can use them to prepare a simple healing salve, or as a decoction to wash the affected areas of the skin.
In addition you can apply black tea poultices.
Combined black tea decoction (Thea sinensis) is another one of the best natural remedies for staphylococcus infection. Add 6 teaspoons of black tea powder in 2 cups/500 ml of cold water overnight. Strain the cold macerate and set aside. Boil the strained (used) powder for five minutes in another half liter of water, then allow to cool and strain again. Finally, combine the cold macerate with the decoction, and use this to make poultices of local washes. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for staphylococcus for topical use.
Diet for Staph Infection
In addition to the natural remedies for staphylococcus above, diet plays a crucial role in healing from staph. There are certain foods that should be excluded from your diet during treatment because they favor an acidic environment in the body, which supports the infection. These foods are:
- sugar, red meat (pork, beef), dairy products (except yogurt), sausages, smoked deli, pickles, carbonated drinks (soft drinks).
Instead, seasonal raw fruits and vegetables are healing foods for staph, and we encourage you to eat them daily. Other foods that are healing for bacterial infections are the following:
- Red-skinned vegetables – red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, red cabbage, beets, etc. They contain a very high content of antioxidants and immune stimulants, such as vitamin C, vitamin A, lycopene, all being a huge help in the fight against staphylococcus. Consum in large quantities, raw or steamed.
- Leafy greens – lettuce, spinach, parsley, dill, ransoms, green onions, etc contain a large amount of chlorophyll. This chlorophyll has been shown to have direct antibiotic effects, but it is also a very good protector of the liver and stomach during treatment with synthetic antibiotics. Therefore, these foods should be consumed in large quantities during allopath antibiotic treatments.
- Herbs – especially fennel, cumin, sage, basil, and oregano are very strong natural antibiotics against staphylococcus. Add them to everyday salads or other dishes.
- Gluten-free grains – have a high content of fibers, that support the body’s detoxification processes, very important both for improving the body’s defense mechanisms and for fighting the side effects of synthetic antibiotics. We recommend oats, millet, as buckwheat.
The natural remedies for staphylococcus infection alongside a clean, supportive diet can help you get rid of staph for good. Trust in your healing journey, and enjoy every step of the way. We really hope that the natural remedies for staphylococcus here will help you heal fully. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest! 💚