Folliculitis, or ingrown hair, is one of the most annoying skin conditions. It affects the skin texture and the aspect of the skin, especially on the legs areas. Since ancient times, women have used natural remedies for folliculitis. We’re about to present a few of them to you right here.
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Natural Remedies for Folliculitis
1. Walnut Cream Remedy for Folliculitis
- Grind a few walnuts and mix them with a little bit of white wheat flour and some natural sour cream.
- Mix the ingredients together until you’ve obtained a soft paste that has the texture of a skin mask.
- Spread this natural cream on the affected areas on your body and let it action for a few hours before you rinse it off.
- Make sure you do this when you really have time for yourself so that you can keep the paste on your legs for more than one hour.
- After you’ve rinse the paste off, wash the affected area with white dead nettle tea.
- Make sure you wash the affected area on a daily basis using this tea, no matter you apply the paste or not.
- The white dead nettle tea goes like this.
- Pour 1 l of boiling water of 5 teaspoons of dried plant and let it infuse for like 20 minutes with a lid on.
- Repeat this treatment at least 5 days in a row so that you can eventually get rid of folliculitis, boil or even the pus.
Besides the natural creams and balms that you can use as a natural remedy for folliculitis, there are wonder-poultices that you can apply as well, that will give you the same effect.
2. Folliculitis Remedy with Birthwort
Make simple poultice with birthwort 3-4 times per day. Leave the skin to dry and then apply again. Other amazing cataplasms are with elder, field bindweed, dead white nettle, European black aspen etc. Infusion baths with these plants are just as effective for ingrown hair.
3. Chamomile & Propolis Remedy for Folliculitis
Propolis ointment is amazing with folliculitis, but if you add a pinch of chamomile flowers, it’s even better. This is how you make it. You’ll need 100 ml of 30% propolis tincture, chamomile flowers and sterile compresses. Every evening make chamomile infusions and body temperature and also wash the affected areas with this infusion using the sterile compresses.
Leave the skin to dry on its own, then use another compress to pad the tincture on the skin insistently. In the first week of treatment do the procedure every night, then to it 2-3 times per week, then once a week. Attention! The propolis tincture stains!
These natural remedies for folliculitis are also very effective against other skin infections and it helps the pain go away and the wound heal completely.
Other Natural Tips for Ingrown Hair
- Underlying Cause. Usually, staphylococcal infections such as folliculitis, furunculosis or panaritium are related to diabetes. In order for the condition to stop, first you need to treat the underlying cause, that can be diabetes.
- Shaving to Prevent Folliculitis. To prevent folliculitis, you no longer use a razor blade to shave your legs, nor epilators, because they both favorize the infection of the sebacceous glands. The best hair removal is the old fashioned beeswax. Right afterwards, apply a soothing natural cream based on fruit acids, sugarcane glycol acid and marshmallow.
They say that in ancient times, the Amazonas, brave women fighters who have lived somewhere in the Balkan areas, have used these simple remedies offered by the goddess Gaia to keep healthy and look amazing. You could too give it a shot. Stay healthy, naturally!