If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for eye conditions, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Eye conditions are some of the most annoying health conditions, especially when they affect your eyesight directly. We have here some of the most amazing 5 natural remedies for eye conditions, namely cataract, keratitis, myopia, conjunctivitis, and others. Let’s begin!
5 Natural Remedies for Eye Conditions
1. Vine Sap Natural Remedies for Eye Conditions
During springtime when you clean the vineyard from shoots, the sap will start pouring from the vine where you cut it. Gather this sap to prepare one of the most effective natural remedies for eye conditions.
- Gather the sap in glass bottles by fixing the bottles on the vine so the sap pours directly in the bottle.
- Five sap bottle will do for a few month-long treatments.
This sap is called “living water” and will not alter in any way if you keep it at a maximum temperature of 8°C. This is how you should use the sap for maximum results.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, then pour enough sap in the palm of your hands so that you can wash your eyes through winking at least 20 times.
- Do this procedure early in the morning and do it again in the evening as well but differently.
- In the evening apply 2 cotton pads soaked in this sap on each closed eye.
This remedy is slightly different in other parts of Eastern Europe, and it goes like this. In the morning before you wash your face, pour 3 drops in the affected eye/s and move your eye, close and open it so that the eyeball is washed thoroughly. In the afternoon do the exact same procedure, while in the evening before bedtime use 4 drops of sap. The vine sap cure is amazing if you have puss in your eye and find it painful to open your eye and use it properly.
Read Also: 7 Home Remedies for Irritated Eyes
Also, if you wish to stop wearing glasses or make sure you won’t wear glasses as you get older, this is a great and simple remedy for you. Follow this ancient eye cleansing ritual originally from Eastern Europe every spring, for at least 2 months continuously. This way you will enjoy healthy eyes and great eyesight even when you get older. This is one of the best natural remedies for eye conditions.
2. Cow Liver Egyptian Remedy for Eye Conditions
This cure has been found on some ancient tablets found in Cairo, Egypt and it’s an interesting yet effective recipe.
- Boil 200 gr of cow liver in water for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, take a steam bath over the boiling pot by covering your head with a towel.
- Do this for 10 minutes and then cover your eyes with the towel until they cool off.
- Repeat the procedure 10-14 days depending on the severity of your eye problem.
The result is guaranteed for any eye conditions such as cataracts, myopia, or long sight.
3. Bilberry Remedy for Eye Conditions
Make a simple decoction with 2 tbsp. bilberry leaves (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) in 500 ml of cold water. Leave to soak overnight, slightly warm up the next morning, and slip. Drink 3 cups of this every day, along with 3 tbsp. of Swedish bitter, 1 tbsp. with each cup of tea. Add 1 tsp. common hawthorn flowers (Crataegus monogyna) into 1 cup of hot water and let it infuse for 15 minutes. Drink 1 cup of this wonder tea every day for the next 14 days. These herbs are some of the most effective natural remedies for eye conditions.
4. Aloe Vera Drops for Eye Problems
Aloe Vera is also an amazing remedy for eye problems, especially if you have pus under your eyelid due to air current and red inflamed eyes.
- Add 1 Aloe Vera drop on the outside of the eye, gently rub in towards the nose.
- Do this three times per day for 10 days until the eyes are healed completely.
Be aware that after each application you’ll sense this burning sensation right away but it will pass. Aloe Vera drops are also amazing with purulent conjunctivitis as well.
Read Also: 3 Natural Remedies for Dry Eyes
Take your A and B2 vitamins (1 capsule per day for 2 weeks) and in addition drink 150-200 ml of fresh carrot and parsley juice (3 parts carrots, one part parsley root). This is amongst the best natural remedies for eye conditions.
5. Cornflower Remedy for Eye Conditions
Prepare a cornflower (Centaurea cyanus) infusion and use it externally as follows. Boil the plant for 3-4 minutes then slip and make a warm poultice that goes directly on your closed eyes. Apply these natural poultices 2-3 times per day for 2 weeks.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Myopia
Hope you’ve found here just the right natural remedies for eye conditions and learned some new things. Stay healthy, naturally!