Dry eyes is a common eye disorder that affects the tear film and results in reduced tear production or tear evaporation in excess. The most common causes of dry eyes are some medications such as antihistamines, antidepressants, beta-blockers, and oral contraceptives. However, we have here 3 natural remedies for dry eyes that we hope will help you too. Let’s get into the remedies.
3 Natural Remedies for Dry Eyes
1. Vitamin A, a Natural Remedy for Dry Eyes
One of the simplest ways to deal with dry eyes naturally and without expensive costs is to use liquid Vitamin A. We also recommend liquid MSM drops for the eyes.
- Add one drop of Vitamin A in each eye, in the nostrils and ears each night before bedtime.
- After the drops will be absorbed, you’ll experience foggy seeing.
- This sensation will last for about 30 minutes.
In addition, you can supplement with fish oil capsules with Vitamin D; 3 capsules per day after the main meals. Fish oil is a fatty substance and it gets absorbed better in the body when taken with food. This natural remedy for dry eyes will definitely do the trick, mostly if you follow them simultaneously.
2. Onion & Horseradish Remedies for Dry Eye Syndrome
Onion is known as the food that makes you cry, and when you have dry eyes you’ll need those tears. So, this is a simple way to use onion to heal dry eyes. Once a day, peel an onion, chop it and allow it to make the eyes start tearing.
Another amazing food that helps you in this situation is horseradish. Horseradish has the property to unclog and stimulate the tearing channels. Grate horseradish and use it in the same manner as the onion. It’s important to stay away from cold and dust by using transparent eye lenses without diopters.
Read Also: 7 Home Remedies for Irritated Eyes
3. Natural Remedy for Dry Eyes with Acacia Honey
Another natural remedy for dry eyes is acacia tree honey. Acacia honey is the only type of honey that never crystallizes. This is how you do it:
- Pour the acacia honey into a small dropper bottle.
- Add 4-5 drops of boiled and cooled water or vine water.
- Slowly dilute the water and the honey.
- Use the dropper to add a few drops of this solution in the inner corner of the eye.
You can use this simple honey solution to keep the cataract from progressing as well. This is one of the simplest and most effective natural remedies for dry eyes.
Read Also: Natural Remedy for Tired Eyes
Hopefully, one of these natural remedies for dry eyes will bring back the tears to your eyes, happy tears of joy, of course! Stay healthy, naturally!