If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Trigeminal neuralgia is a severe form of facial pain that feels like small electric shocks usually in the lower part of the face and jaw. Trigeminal neuralgia is most likely triggered by an affected facial nerve. Some agree that trigeminal neuralgia is one of the most painful conditions. This is why we believe that this article may be helpful for those who suffer from it. Here are some old home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia that you can try at home. Let’s get into the remedies.
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Home Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
1. Comfrey Root Remedy for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Yes, this simple herbal remedy can help tremendously with trigeminal neuralgia. Pour a few drops of comfrey root tincture onto a small piece from a cotton pad. Introduce the cotton piece into the ear located on the painful side of the face. Most people usually feel the ease of the pain in about 10 minutes. After a few days of daily use of this herbal tincture, the neuralgia pain is usually gone. This simple remedy is one of the top home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia.
2. Burdock Leaves Remedy for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Soak a bunch of chopped burdock leaves in rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes. Strain and squeeze well the extract before use. Apply a piece of cotton gauze soaked in this extract to the back of your neck and along the spine. Then apply a layer of burdock leaves over it and fix the leaves in place by applying another layer of medicinal gauze on top.
Get into your pajamas and head directly to bed. The next morning, remove the burdock leaves and the compress. You will experience the pain begin to wear off little by little. Resume if needed. Using burdock leaves every night will usually alleviate the pain in 4-5 days of daily use, making this one of the best topical home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia.
In addition, drinking burdock root tea is also helpful, as it is one of the most powerful liver detox infusions there is, removing heavy metals and fighting off pathogens that lead to so-called autoimmune disorders, including neurological symptoms such as trigeminal neuralgia. More so, burdock root cleanses the body from radiation exposure, as well as synthetic antibiotic side-effects, blood clots, and can prevent cancer and other modern degenerative conditions caused by severe body toxification that leads to inflammation. Needless to say, the leaves and roots of this medicinal plant make some of the best home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia.
3. Herbal Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Here are a handful of simple home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia pains that you can also use at home.
- Have 2-3 cups of St. John’s wort tea every day and massage the painful areas with St. John’s wort oil.
- Do steam inhalations with essential chamomile and peppermint mint oils (5 drops each).
- Take danewort (Sambucus ebulus) baths every night for 3 nights in a row for 30 minutes. (Attention! Danewort is toxic if ingested.)
Read Also: 14 Natural Painkillers For Every Pain DIY
Electroacupuncture & Reflexology Potential Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
If you believe there’s no way to put an end to the excruciating neuralgia, then perhaps you haven’t tried acupuncture and more precisely electroacupuncture. Electroacupuncture is almost the same as acupuncture, only that a small voltage of electric power is passed between a pair of acupuncture needles. Find a specialist who really knows what they’re doing and give this alternative treatment a shot to heal from trigeminal neuralgia.
Alongside acupuncture or electroacupuncture, reflexology is another amazing alternative therapy for trigeminal neuralgia. After 4-5 sessions the pain usually subsides or can be gone completely. However, reflexology needs to be part of your everyday lifestyle. We advise you that you attend reflexology classes to learn how to perform reflexology on yourself at home, without extra help.
Natural Tips to Heal from Trigeminal Neuralgia
In addition to the home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia above, here are a few diet tips that can help alleviate this type of pain.
- Follow a predominantly plant-based diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and have plenty of fresh spring (clean) water. In addition, drink 2-3 cups of horsetail and/or elderflower infusion every day.
- Work out regularly (daily walks in the park, dancing, anything that makes you happy), and go outdoors as much as possible. Fresh air and nature are healing for the mind and body.
- Cut out the toxic foods that negatively impact the nervous system: processed sugar, stimulants, alcohol, energy drinks, processed meats, eggs, fast food, highly processed foods, and food additives.
- Avoid unnecessary medical treatments and taking medical drugs, as well as innovative/experimental medical treatments, as they add toxicity to the body can cause neurological disorders, including trigeminal neuralgia and other mysterious aches.
Read Also: 4 Natural Remedies for Neuralgia
These are only a few home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia that have proven their efficiency over time. We recommend that you at least try one or several of the home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia above, as they don’t have any counterindications or side effects, and say goodbye to the dreadful neuralgia pain. Stay healthy, naturally!