If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Trigeminal neuralgia is a type of neuralgia that comes with excruciating facial pains that resemble small electroshock, mostly in the lower part of the face and jaw area. Neuralgia is a severe form of pain triggered by a nerve. Some agree that neuralgia is one of the most painful conditions. This is why we believe that this article will be helpful for those who suffer from it. However, we have found some amazing ancient home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia that you can try yourself. Let’s get into the remedies.
3 Home Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
1. Comfrey Root Remedy for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Yes, this simple herbal remedy will land you a helping hand with neuralgia. Follow the simple steps below:
- Pour a few comfrey root tincture drops on a cotton pad.
- Introduce the cotton pad in the ear that’s on the painful side of the face.
You may feel the ease of the pain in 10 minutes after using the tincture. In a few days of daily use, you’ll see the pain is gone for good!
2. Burdock Leaves, a Natural Remedy for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Using burdock leaves every night will take the pain away in 4-5 days at most.
- Soak burdock leaves in sanitary alcohol for 15 minutes and strain well before use.
- Apply a piece of cotton gauze on the back of your neck and along the spine.
- Then apply a layer of burdock leaves over it.
- Fix the leaves in place by applying another layer of gauze.
Read Also: 14 Natural Painkillers For Every Pain DIY
Get your pajamas on and head directly to bed. Take the burdock leaves off the next morning. You will feel the pain begins to wear off little by little. Repeat if needed.
3. Herbal Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Here are a handful of simple home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia pains that you may also use.
- Have 2-3 cups of St. John’s wort tea every day.
- Massage the painful areas with St. John’s wort oil.
- Make chamomile and mint oils (5 drops) inhalations.
- Have danewort baths every night for 3 nights in a row for 30 minutes.
Attention! Danewort is toxic if consumed.
Electroacupuncture, a Potential Cure for Trigeminal Neuralgia
If you believe there’s no way to put an end to these excruciating neuralgia pains, then perhaps you haven’t tried acupuncture and more precisely electroacupuncture. Electroacupuncture is almost the same as acupuncture, only that small voltage electric power is passed between pairs of acupuncture needles.
Find a specialist who really knows what he’s doing and give this alternative medicine a shot to heal you from the dreadful pains caused by trigeminal neuralgia. After a few electroacupuncture sessions, you’ll regain your health back and the pains will be history.
Reflexology for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Along with acupuncture or electroacupuncture, reflexology is another amazing alternative in treating trigeminal neuralgia. After 4-5 sessions you’ll the headaches will vanish into thin air. However, reflexology needs to be part of your lifestyle. We advise you that you attend reflexology classes to learn to do it at home, without extra help.
Simple Tips to Heal from Trigeminal Neuralgia
In addition to the home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia here are a few diet tips.
- Follow a predominantly vegetarian diet with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Cut the toxic foods that fry the nervous system: processed sugar, stimulants, alcohol, fast food, highly processed foods, and food additives)
- Have 2-3 cups of horsetail and elderflower infusion on a daily basis.
- Work out regularly and go outdoors.
Read Also: 4 Natural Remedies for Neuralgia
These are only a few home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia that have proven their efficiency over time. We recommend that you at least try one or several of these home remedies for trigeminal neuralgia they don’t have any restrictions or side effects and say goodbye to the dreadful neuralgia pain. Stay healthy, naturally!