If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for pinworms, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Pinworms are some of the most resilient internal parasites, so you need to really take good and reliable measures when confronted with these bad guys. How to tell you have pinworms? The most common symptoms of pinworms are lack of appetite and apathy (most obvious in children, who are more sensitive), itchy behind, and an increased appetite for sweets, and junk foods, as pinworms thrive on sugar and bad food. For those of you who didn’t know, there are some quite effective home remedies for pinworms that anyone can use at home. Let’s get to them.
In This Article You Will Find:
8 Home Remedies for Pinworms
1. Pumpkin Seeds, the Best Home Remedy for Pinworms
These few simple home remedies for pinworms with pumpkin seeds have helped a lot of people kill these unwanted guests. For these remedies, you need cold-pressed pumpkin seed oil and raw pumpkin seeds. Here is how to use them effectively. First, the pumpkin seed oil one.
Mix two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds oil with two teaspoons of thoroughly crushed lemon seeds. Take this natural medicine in the morning before breakfast. Immediately after, have a few sips of fresh lemon juice. Follow this natural treatment for a week. It has no contraindication.
There are a few effective ways to use pumpkin seeds and get rid of pinworms, here is one of them.
- Divide 10-15 raw pumpkin seeds with green skin on them into 3 parts and eat them throughout the day.
- One hour after taking the pumpkin seeds, have one teaspoon of castor oil diluted in a little bit of tea (three teaspoons of castor oil/day in total).
- Eat 100 g of pumpkin seeds every night, plus one cup of wild thyme tea.
Simple as it sounds, the pumpkin seed oil and raw pumpkin seeds are some of the best home remedies for pinworms.
2. Wormwood, a Remedy for Pinworms
Mix 2-3 grams of crumbled dried wormwood leaves with one teaspoon of honey. Take this remedy first thing in the morning, before breakfast. Wormwood can be also used externally in sitz baths. For the sitz bath, infuse 20-30 g of wormwood or chamomile into 1 liter of water and wash well. You can also use crushed garlic boiled for 2 minutes (80 grams of garlic per 1 liter of water) instead of wormwood, the same way. Wormwood, chamomile, and garlic are some of the most effective home remedies for pinworms.
3. Home Remedies for Pinworms with Garlic
Crush 5-7 garlic cloves and mix with 1 tsp of vinegar and 1-2 tsp of coarse salt. Mix well until you make a homogenous paste. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays mornings have one teaspoon of this paste on an empty stomach. Don’t eat or drink anything for the next couple of hours. Follow the treatment for 3 weeks, and do not eat sweets and cow’s milk all this time.
Pinworms can be cured with garlic in another way, as follows. Peel and crush 2-3 garlic bulbs and add cold water over them. Leave the garlic to sit in the water for about 30 minutes and then strain the garlic through a clean gauze. At night, before bedtime, use the obtained liquid to make an enema. Repeat every night for one week. This is one of the most effective home remedies for pinworms.
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
4. Rice, Every Pinworm’s Nightmare
In his book “The Breuss Cancer Cure”, Dr. Rudolf Breuss says that no intestinal worms can survive rice. This is why uncooked rice is an amazing home remedy for pinworms. For this, you need to eat 4 tablespoons of uncooked rice every morning. Here is how to prepare the rice.
- Soak the rice in water for one hour.
- Swallow the rice directly or chew on the rice grains, whatever feels more comfortable for you.
- Then have 2 cups of distilled water or spring water over the course of the next hour.
- After the rice meal, don’t eat anything for the following 2 hours.
Rice is a powerful detox against pinworms thriving in the human intestinal tract, which makes this one of the best home remedies for pinworms.
5. Onion Remedy for Pinworms
One of the most effective natural treatments for pinworms that our grannies used to make is the onion and milk cure. This is a simple home remedy cure that will help you get rid of all the intestinal worms for good.
- Peel two medium onions, cut them into 4 and put them in a saucepan.
- Pour 200 ml of cow’s milk over and two tablespoons of wildflower honey.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat, then strain the decoction.
- After it has cooled down store it in the fridge.
- Have 1 tsp of this decoction every evening for two weeks.
This remedy kills pinworms and helps one regain vitality. This is one of the top home remedies for pinworms.
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites
6. Fresh Plum Remedy for Pinworms
Put 8 well-ripe plums into a pot with water and soak them for 12 hours. The next day, boil the plums for 10 minutes. While they boil add half a lemon into the pot. Eat the boiled plums in the morning on an empty stomach and drink the liquid throughout one day. Repeat this treatment a few days in a row and then retest for pinworms. You’ll be amazed by the results.
7. Nut Oils Remedy for Pinworms
Have 2 tsp of mixed almond and peanut oils every day. One in the morning and the other in the evening. Follow this treatment for 2 weeks. This simple remedy also prevents the recurrence of pinworms.
8. Old Russian Remedy for Pinworms
Boil 1 handful of parsley, one handful of celery leaves, and another one of wood violet flowers (Viola odorata) in 1 and ½ liters of water. Drink all the liquid first thing in the morning. As simple as it sounds, this is one of the most powerful home remedies for pinworms.
Best Diet for Pinworms
- Avoid white bread, pasta, meat and deli, fish, dairy (except for cheese), sugar, soda, fatty foods, nuts and biscuits, and eggs.
- Have rice, beans, boiled veggies, potatoes, fresh fruit, ginger, chilly, black pepper, papaya, bananas, apples, and cucumbers.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Ringworm in Humans
Hopefully, the home remedies for pinworms here will really help you out or at least inspire you. Let us know what remedies worked for you in the comments below. Stay healthy, naturally!