If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for pinworms, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Pinworms are among the most resistant internal parasites, so you need to really take reliable measures when confronted with them. The presence of worms in the body manifests through lack of appetite and apathy and this is most obvious in children, who are more sensitive and need healthy bodies to grow up healthy and sane. But for those who didn’t know, there are a lot of home remedies for pinworms that can easily help you out.
8 Home Remedies for Pinworms
1. Pumpkin Seeds, the Best Home Remedy for Pinworms
These few simple home remedies for pinworms with pumpkin have helped a lot of people kill these bugs. These remedies are based on cold-pressed pumpkin seed oil and raw pumpkin seeds. Here is how to use them effectively.
- Mix two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds oil with two teaspoons of thoroughly crushed lemon seeds.
Take this natural medicine in the morning before breakfast after which have a few sips of lemon squeezed juice. Follow this natural treatment for worms for a week in a row and you will get rid of all the internal parasites. It has no contraindication. There are a few effective ways to use pumpkin seeds and get rid of pinworms, here are a few of them:
- Have 10-15 unroasted and unsalted peeled pumpkin seeds, but make sure to keep the green skin on.
- Divide them into 3 parts and eat them throughout one day.
- One hour after taking the pumpkin seeds, have one teaspoon of castor oil diluted in a little bit of tea.
- Eat 100 gr of pumpkin seeds every night, plus one cup of wild thyme tea.
Simple as it sounds, pumpkin seed oil and raw pumpkin seeds are some of the best home remedies for pinworms.
2. Wormwood, a Remedy for Pinworms
Mix 2-3 grams of crumbles wormwood leaves with one teaspoon of honey. Take this remedy first thing in the morning, before breakfast. Wormwood can be also used externally for sits baths. For the sitz bath, add 20-30 gr of wormwood or chamomile into 1 liter of water and wash well. You may also use crushed and 2 minute-boiled garlic (80 grams per 1 liter of water) the same way. Wormwood and chamomile are some of the most effective home remedies for pinworms.
3. Home Remedies for Pinworms with Garlic
Crush 5-7 garlic cloves and mix with 1 tsp of vinegar and 1-2 tsp of coarse salt. Mix well until it becomes homogenous. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays mornings have one teaspoon of this composition on an empty stomach. Don’t eat or drink anything for the next couple of hours. The treatment lasts 3 weeks, while you need to stop eating sweets and milk.
Pinworms can be cured with garlic in another way, as follows. Peel and crush 2-3 garlic bulbs and add water over. Leave the garlic to stay for about 30 minutes and then slip the garlic through a clean gauze. At night, before bedtime, use the obtained liquid to make an enema. Repeat every night for one week. This is one of the most effective home remedies for pinworms.
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
4. Rice, Every Pinworm’s Nightmare
In his book “Cancer, Leukemia”, Dr. Rudolf Breuss said that there’s no intestinal worm that can survive rice. This is why uncooked rice is an amazing home remedy for pinworms. For this, you need to eat 4 tablespoons of uncooked rice every morning.
- Soak the rice in water for one hour.
- Swallow the rice directly or chew on the rice grains, whatever feels comfortable for you.
- Then have ½ l of distilled water or spring water over the course of one hour.
- After the rice meal, don’t eat anything for the next 2 hours.
Rice is a powerful detox against pinworms in the intestinal tract, which makes this one of the best home remedies for pinworms.
5. Onion Remedy for Pinworms
One of the most efficient natural treatments for pinworms our grannies used to make is the onion and milk one. This is a simple home remedy cure that will help you get rid of all the intestinal worms for good.
- Peel two medium onions and cut them into 4 and place them in a pot.
- Pour 200 ml of cow’s milk over and two tablespoons of wildflower honey.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes on low heat, then strain the decoction.
- After it has cooled down store it in the fridge.
- Take 1 tsp of this decoction every evening for two weeks.
It helps you get rid of pinworms and regain back your vitality. This is one of the top home remedies for pinworms.
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites
6. Fresh Plum Remedy for Pinworms
Add 8 well ripe plums in a pot with water and soak them for 12 hours. Then boil them for 10 minutes. While they boil add half a lemon into the pot. Eat the boiled plums in the morning on an empty stomach and drink the liquid throughout one day. Repeat this treatment a few days in a row and then retest for pinworms. You’ll be amazed by the results.
7. Nut Oils Remedy for Pinworms
Have 2 tsp of mixed almond and peanut oil every day. One in the morning and the other in the evening. Follow this treatment for 2 weeks. This simple remedy also prevents the recurrence of pinworms.
8. Old Russian Remedy for Pinworms
Boil 1 handful of parsley, one handful of celery, and another one of wood violet (Viola odorata) in 1 ½ l of water. Drink all the liquid first thing in the morning. As simple as it sounds, this is one of the most powerful home remedies for pinworms.
Best Diet for Pinworms
- Avoid bread, pasta, meat and deli, fish, dairy (except for cheese), sugar, molasses, potatoes, fatty foods, nuts and biscuits, eggs.
- Have rice, beans, boiled veggies, fresh fruit, condiments, ginger, cheese, chilly, black pepper, papaya, bananas, apples, cucumbers.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Ringworm in Humans
Hopefully, the home remedies for pinworms here will really help you out or at least inspire you. Let us know what remedies worked for you in the comments below. Stay healthy, naturally!