If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for anal itching, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
When you are confronting with anal itching for a longer period of time, the first thing to do is to consult with your doctor because the itch is in most cases a symptom of another condition. However, we did our homework and today we will provide you with a handful of natural remedies for anal itching that have been put to use by many people and have worked for them. Let’s get into the remedies.
5 Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
1. Birthwort, a Natural Remedy for Anal Itching
Before you follow this home remedy with birthwort you really need to know that this is a toxic plant and you need greater care when working with it. This is why you need to follow closely the steps below:
- Add 2-3 handfuls of birthwort in 2 liters of water and let it soak for a few hours.
- Filter the water and place the soaked birthwort in another 2 l of water and boil it for 20 minutes.
- Take the decoction off the fire until it turns warm and then combine it with the water in which you’ve soaked the plant.
- Have a sitz bath in a basin for 20 minutes.
- Make sure all your pelvic area is sunk into the water.
- Also, when you pour the decoction in the basin, add hot water so that it doesn’t get too cold for a bath.
- Take one of these sitz baths once every two days and you’ll see that after a few baths the itch is gone for good.
2. Sitz Bath Remedy for Anal Itching
Besides the sitz baths with birthwort, there are many other plants to use to make really efficient sitz baths for the anal itch. One of these simple sitz baths is with bicarbonate and it goes like this.
- Every evening you need to take warm to hot sitz baths in which you add 2 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate.
- Sit in the bath as much as you can and then anoint the area with a natural calendula salve.
Another amazing plant for sitz baths in this situation is yarrow.
- Boil a pot full of water.
- When it has started to boil, turn the fire off and a handful of yarrow flowers and let it infuse for 15 minutes in total.
- Slip the infusion into a basin and start the bath.
- Make sure you do the baths in the evening and then go directly into the bed and stay as warm as possible.
- You could use a towel to wrap around your pelvis area to stay warmer.
- You’ll need to take 20-30 baths for the next 20-30 days in a row. You can reuse the infusion.
Other sitz baths for anal itching that really work are fir, thyme, wormwood, marigold, and chamomile. Also, use natural salve to anoint the area after you take the baths. These herbs are amongst the most effective natural remedies for anal itching.
You Can Find These Remedies and Tools Here
3. Alcohol & Propolis Remedy for Anal Itching
Dissolve 50 grams of raw propolis into 50 ml of 87 degrees alcohol and keep it for a week before using. Pour it into a glass uncovered until the alcohol has evaporated and you are left with a smooth paste. Mix this paste with 50 g of natural comfrey salve and keep the obtained mix in the fridge.
Use this salve on a daily basis to anoint the area, after you have thoroughly washed your anal area. Use it two times per day, in the morning and in the evening for 2 weeks in a row. At the same time have 2 cups a day of yarrow tea. Propolis is a natural disinfectant for the skin, which is why this is one of the best natural remedies for anal itching.
4. Whey and Lemon Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
Another simple home remedy for anal itching uses milk whey and lemon. This is how you can make it at home.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 or 2 lemons and mix it with 1 l of unpasteurized milk.
- Let the milk turn sour in the next 24 hours and then collect the why from the sour milk.
- Use the whey to pad the itching are with.
This remedy also helps the skin heal from the scratching. You can also use honey and apple vinegar mix (with or without water – depending on the sensibility of the area) to pad the affected area. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for anal itching.
5. Wormwood Tea Remedy for Anal Itching
Have 1 cup of wormwood tea in the morning before breakfast. Also, have wormwood sitz baths in the evening. Do this for at least 2 weeks. Use raw and grated potato to massage the itchy area with.
Read Also: 7 Natural Remedies for Body Itching
These are some of the best natural remedies for anal itching that might be very useful for those suffering from this ‘pain in the ass’ thing. Still, we recommend that you go see your doctor because the itch might be only a symptom of worms or other conditions. Stay healthy, naturally!