Intense body itching is often time a simple symptom of a condition or internal disorder you may have.
That is why it is highly advisable that you run a set of analyses and see a doctor before taking one or two of these natural remedies for body itching. Often times, body itching is a form of debut for diabetes, that is why you need to check your glucose levels.
Also, Giardia lamblia can cause toxic-allergic reactions in your body, causing the body itch. Make sure you don’t have this parasite. Here are for you some of the best natural remedies for body itching that you can choose from when deciding to do something more natural regarding your condition.
7 Natural Remedies for Body Itching
1. Carl Midell’s Home Remedy for Body Itching
In Carl Mindell’s book “Vitamins Bible”, he recommends the following vitamins complex for body itch:
- Vitamin C – 2 capsules per day
- Vitamin B complex – 2 capsules per day (morning and evening)
- Pantothenic acid 1000mg – 3 times per day
- Vitamin E salve – 3 times per day, applied locally
Use this simple herbal mix tea alongside the supplements above, to obtain a very effective drink against body itching.
- Mix equal parts of dandelion (Herba Taraxaci), nettle (Urtica dioica), heartsease (Viola tricolora).
- Make an infusion by adding 1 teaspoon of these dried plants into 250 ml of hot water.
- Have 3-5 cups of tea per day.
- Boil minced rye straws in 1 liter of water and use it to pad the itchy zones.
These natural remedies for body itching are very good in case of severe itch.
You Can Find The Supplements and Herbs Here
2. Sage Vinegar Remedy for Body Itching
This remedy is found in Maria Treben’s book “Health Through God’s Pharmacy” and this is how you make sage vinegar:
- Add fresh sage flowers into one long neck bottle until it is full, without shoving them.
- Pour apple vinegar over the sage in the bottle until it has topped the flower levels by one finger.
- Seal the bottle and place it in a sunny place, or near a heat source for 14 days.
- Strain and store it in dark glass bottles, somewhere with little light.
This remedy is extremely simple. Use a cotton pad to smear sage vinegar onto the itchy zones of your body. Friction the itchy areas with this until you feel a slight amelioration of the itch in those areas. Repeat this procedure every night until there is no itch left in your body.
Read Also: Natural Remedy for Itchy Scalp
3. Parsley & Baking Soda Natural Remedies for Body Itching
This remedy goes like this:
- Boil 3 medium size parsley roots into ½ l of water until the water drops to half.
- Strain the concoction and drink it throughout the day as is (no sweeteners).
Follow this treatment for 10 days, pause for a week and resume for another 10 days. Concomitantly follow this external remedy as follows:
- Use a cotton pad to apply baking soda soaked in water on the itchy areas.
- When the area has dried out, apply a concoction made from boiling parsley root (the recipe above).
- In the end, apply a menthol powder.
Also, you may use fresh Aloe Vera leaves to anoint the itchy areas. But make sure the Aloe Vera plant has more than 3 years of age. These are some of the best natural remedies for body itching.
3. Salicin Remedy for Body Itching
Pour in one small bottle of sanitary alcohol and one pinch of salicin (willow bark extract). Use a cotton pad to pad the itchy areas of your body with this solution. Meanwhile, have 1-2 cups of corn silk and horsetail teas (equal parts) per day.
Externally you may also use birthwort tea pad the itchy areas with, but never take it off, but let it dry on your skin. Use apple vinegar to pad the areas as many times as you can during the day and use castor oil to pad the areas with, in the evening. Continue this natural remedy for body itching until the itch is gone completely.
You Can Find The Supplements and Herbs Here
4. Hyperthermia Remedy for Body Itching
In combination, greater celandine juice and hyperthermia can work wonders for you if you suffer from body itch.
- Pick greater celandine leaves or the fresh shoots during autumn, when the plant’s sap is more concentrated.
- Keep them in the freezer.
- Rub them onto the itchy areas until the juice from the plant comes out on the skin.
If the greater celandine juice used externally doesn’t stop the itch, you can try hyperthermia. Heat up one metal tablespoons in hot water (or over low heat), then wrap it in a piece of gauze and apply it directly to the areas where you feel the itch. Make sure you don’t heat the tablespoon to the point you can’t stand the heat on your skin. Make sure the temperature is bearable, so you don’t burn yourself!
Read Also: Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
5. Herbal Body Baths for Itching
Wash your body with one or more of the several solutions: the water in which you’ve boiled 1 kg of rice; – the water in which you’ve boiled a few patience dock (Rumex patientia). Oak bark tea and hay flowers tea are also great body washes for body itching.
Pick hay flowers need from the place where there was a haycock (there will be left some chaff where all the field’s flowers reside). Hay flower baths have an amazingly calming effect. Try these simple procedures as natural remedies for body itching.
6. Heartsease Remedy for Body Itch
Last but not least, heartsease is a wonderful home remedy if you are confronted with a severe itch on your body. Heartsease is a powerful depurative plant, which is why it is one of the most effective natural remedies for body itching. The infusion goes like this:
- Add one teaspoon of this plant into one cup of water.
- Drink 2-3 cups of this tea per day.
Other Herbal Tea Remedies for Body Itching
- Burdock root: 1 teaspoon of these roots per one cup of water; have 2-3 cups of tea per day.
- Dandelion: you may use the leaves, the roots, and the stems as well to fix an infusion by adding 1-2 teaspoons of dandelion per one cup of water; have 2-3 cups per day.
- Chamomile: mix 40 g of chamomile flowers with 30 g of elderflowers and 30 g of linden; fix an infusion by adding one tablespoon of this herbal mix per 1 cup of water; have 2-3 cups per day.
Read Also: Home Remedy for Itchy Ears
These have been a handful of natural remedies for body itching that we really hope that you will find useful. However, make sure you consult with your doctor and run some tests, to see what is the cause of your body itch in the first place. Then, we really advise you to take on or several of these home remedies and heal yourself inside out. Stay healthy, naturally!