Intense body itching is often time a simple symptom of a condition or internal disorder you may have.
That is why it is highly advisable that you run a set of analysis and see a doctor before taking one or two of these natural remedies for body itching. Often times, body itching is a form of debut for diabetes, that is why you need to check your glucose levels.
Also, Giardia lamblia can cause toxic-allergic reactions in your body, causing the body itch.
Make sure you don’t have this parasite. Here are for you some of the best natural remedies for body itching that you can choose from when deciding to do something more natural regarding your condition.
In This Article You Will Find:
7 Natural Remedies for Body Itching
1. Carl Midell’s Home Remedy for Itching
In Carl Midell’s book “Vitamins Bible”, he recommends the following vitamins complex for body itch:
- Vitamin C – 2 pills per day
- Vitamin B Complex – 2 pills per day (morning and evening)
- 1000 mg of Pantothenic Acid – three times per day
- Vitamin E Salve – 3 times per day, applied locally
Use this simple herbal mix tea to obtain a very effective drink for body itching:
- Mix equal parts of dandelion (Herba Taraxaci), nettle (Urtica dioica), heartsease (Viola tricolora).
- Make an infusion by adding 1 teaspoon of these dried plants into 250 ml of hot water.
- Have 3-5 cups of tea per day.
- Boil minced rye straws in 1 liter of water and use it to pad the itchy zones.
This remedy is very good for severe itch.
2. Sage Vinegar, a Home Remedy for Body Itching
This one is extremely simple: Use a cotton pad to smear sage vinegar onto the itchy zones of your body. Friction the itchy areas with this until you feel a slight amelioration of the itch in those areas. Repeat this procedure every night until there is no itch left to your body.
This remedy is found in Maria Treben’s book “Health Through God’s Pharmacy” and this is how you make sage vinegar:
- Add fresh sage flowers into one long neck bottle until it is full, without shoving them.
- Pour apple vinegar over the sage in the bottle until it has topped the flowers levels by one finger.
- Seal the bottle and place it in a sunny place, or near a heat source for 14 days.
- Strain and store it in dark glass bottles, somewhere with little light.
Read More: Natural Remedy for Itchy Scalp
3. Parsley & Baking Soda Remedy for Itching
This remedy goes like this:
- Boil 3 medium size parsley roots into ½ l of water until the water drops to half.
- Strain the concoction and drink it throughout the day as is (no sweeteners).
Follow this treatment for 10 days, pause for a week and resume for another 10 days.
Concomitantly follow this external remedy as follows:
- Use a cotton pad to apply baking soda soaked in water on the itchy areas.
- When the area has dried out, apply a concoction made from boiling parsley root (the recipe above).
- In the end, apply a menthol powder.
Also, you may use fresh Aloe Vera leaves to anoint the itchy areas. But make sure the Aloe Vera plant has more than 3 years of age.
3. Salicin Remedy for Body Itch
Pour in one small bottle sanitary alcohol and one pinch of salicin. Use a cotton pad to pad the itchy areas of your body with this solution. Meanwhile, have 1-2 cups of corn silk and horsetail tea (equal parts) per day.
Externally you may also use birthwort tea pad the itchy areas with, but never take it off, but let it dry on your skin.
Use apple vinegar to pad the areas as many times as you can during the day and use ricin oil to pad the areas with in the evening. Continue this natural remedy for body itching until the itch is gone completely.
4. Hyperthermia: A Natural Treatment for Itching
In combination, greater celandine juice and hyperthermia can work wonders for you if you suffer from body itch. If the greater celandine juice used externally doesn’t stop the itch, you may try hyperthermia.
Heat up one metal tablespoons in hot water (or over low heat), then wrap it in a piece of gauze and apply it directly on the areas where you feel the itch. Make sure you don’t heat the tablespoon to the point you can’t stand the heat on your skin. Make sure the temperature is bearable, so you don’t burn yourself!
Greater Celandine for Body Itching
- Pick greater celadine leaves or the fresh shoots during autumn, when the plant’s sap is more concentrated.
- Keep them in the freezer.
- Rub them onto the itchy areas until the juice from the plant comes out on the skin.
Read More: Natural Remedies for Anal Itching
5. Herbal Body Baths for Itching
Wash your body with one or more of the several solutions: the water in which you’ve boiled 1 kg of rice; – the water in which you’ve boiled a few patience dock (Rumex patientia). Oak bark tea and hay flowers tea are also great body washes against itching.
Pick hay flowers need from the place where there was a haycock (there will be left a chaff where all the field’s flowers reside). Hay flowers baths have an amazing calming effect. Try these simple procedures as natural remedies for body itching.
6. Hearts-ease, Natural Remedy for Body Itch
Last but not least, heartsease is a wonderful home remedy if you are confronted with severe itch on your body. Hearts-ease is a powerful depurative plant. The infusion goes like this:
- Add one teaspoon of this plant into one cup of water.
- Drink 2-3 cups of this tea per day.
Read More: Home Remedy for Itchy Ears
Other Herbal Teas for Itching:
- Burdock Root Tea: 1 teaspoon of these roots per one cup of water; have 2-3 cups of tea per day.
- Dandelion: you may use the leaves, the roots and the stems as well to fix an infusion by adding 1-2 teaspoons of dandelion per one cup of water; have 2-3 cups per day.
- Chamomile Flowers: mix 40 g of chamomile flowers with 30 g of elderflowers and 30 g of linden; fix an infusion by adding one tablespoon of this herbal mix per 1 cup of water; have 2-3 cups per day.
These have been a handful of natural remedies for body itching that we really hope that you will find useful. However, make sure you consult with your doctor and run some tests, to see what is the cause of your body itch in the first place. Then, we really advise you to take on or several of these home remedies and heal yourself inside out. Take care!